BFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder if Melton will get the home change rooms and coaches box.

I see the usual suspects going back and forth in the BFL Facebook comments again regarding the matter lol
Old mate from Darley on there is commenting that Melton were given the choice and chose Darley park which is Simply not true. A member of Melton committee denied that.

Old mate from Darley on there is commenting that Melton were given the choice and chose Darley park which is Simply not true. A member of Melton committee denied that.
Where would have melton chosen you think? The BFL should say to Melton, you can have a home game but you pay us $3000 (200 people not paying) for lost revenue. I get why they want fenced off. They are a business.

Where would have melton chosen you think? The BFL should say to Melton, you can have a home game but you pay us $3000 (200 people not paying) for lost revenue. I get why they want fenced off. They are a business.
Not sure where they would have chosen, but think its safe to say it would've been anywhere but the home ground of the team they are playing against 🤦‍♂️

I get the points made regarding $ but surely it wouldn't be too difficult to install some temporary fencing, it's done elsewhere.
On optics alone, a 1v3 Semi-final being played at the club that finished third isn't great. (the actual sides are irrelevant)
I do think the impact of playing home or away is overstated to some degree though.

I get the points made regarding $ but surely it wouldn't be too difficult to install some temporary fencing, it's done elsewhere.
On optics alone, a 1v3 Semi-final being played at the club that finished third isn't great. (the actual sides are irrelevant)
I do think the impact of playing home or away is overstated to some degree though.
Why didn't they flip the venues ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe it's because Darley Park is fenced off, while Mac. Park is surrounded by parkland.
If it could be organised appropriately, it'd be a great venue forR finals footy.
RDFL successfully ran junior Grand Finals and made a healthy gate at Maccy Park.
Difference is one League plans and involves the Clubs months out from finals regarding venues. - the other is the BFL.
They can’t even let the paying public know the venues in a decent timeframe. Worst administration in the region.

Not sure where they would have chosen, but think its safe to say it would've been anywhere but the home ground of the team they are playing against 🤦‍♂️
Yeah, I’d be interested to know. If a Ballarat teams got choice between playing east at east or playing them at Darley I nearly think they are playing at east. League needs to work out having too grounds available at both ends to get rid of this problem.

Yeah, I’d be interested to know. If a Ballarat teams got choice between playing east at east or playing them at Darley I nearly think they are playing at east. League needs to work out having too grounds available at both ends to get rid of this problem.
No, the Eastern Oval is the most pronounced home ground advantage in Ballarat. Other ovals are fairly generic now whereas the Eastern Oval is more unique. Plus the crap facilities for visiting teams to coach from are substandard.

Yep, venues were locked in a fair way out.
I think the biggest criticism was that the matchups weren't visible online.

Honestly, you'd probably play them at Darley.
It shouldnt be too hard to organise the logistics.
East: Darley/Mac
West: City Oval/Mars

Remove this Banner Ad

BFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back