BFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

So they need five ayes to get in.
Let's guess that Centrals say no which means they need five of eight remaining clubs to vote yes. Any clubs passionately against South coming in?

Should now be taken out of clubs hands
Afl vic should set out a criteria, if the club meets the criteria, they're heard by an independent panel where clubs within the league can submit and talk and so can the encumbering club. You shouldn't be able to say as an excuse they're a neighbouring club. You can't say that anywhere, it'd get thrown out. It's like liquorland melton opposing Dan Murphy's coming to town because their competition. It's thrown out.

Afl vic needs to proactive to keep as many clubs alive like melton and broadford and keep as many people participating as possible

Let's guess that Centrals say no which means they need five of eight remaining clubs to vote yes. Any clubs passionately against South coming in?
It has already been decided that a new club Gisborne Giants are joint the RDFNL seniors next year. They have had juniors for the last 8 or so seasons.
Making the league 10 sides without Melton South next year.
I think most RDFNL current sides think this is the preferred number.

No mate that statement is incorrect. All clubs vote including women’s only clubs, junior affiliate clubs also. So if a club has a separate junior club they get 2 votes. They do need 51% though.

We’ll recover from this loss 😁
Wonder if they go to playing each other twice. Also changing to a final 5?
Would like to think the league would do that but we already have players at every club taking weeks of each year. Two more games will nearly pop Generation Me. Clubs will bleat about paying for two more games too.
Ideally it goes back to an old school 18 rounds, final five but I'll only believe when the fixture appears. Probably in March.

Would like to think the league would do that but we already have players at every club taking weeks of each year. Two more games will nearly pop Generation Me. Clubs will bleat about paying for two more games too.
Ideally it goes back to an old school 18 rounds, final five but I'll only believe when the fixture appears. Probably in March.
Current finals system only has 1 more game than final 5, but I assume that is a bit of money lost for the league. So I reckon they’ll stay at 6. Not sure how many leagues have 6 teams that play finals and only 4 that don’t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has that only ever been generated across in the Bendigo forum?
Are we more likely to see Sunbury look towards the EDFL in the next few years?
If Sunbury left it would be for div 1 EDFL and looking to get up to premier. But I believe they are happy where they are. If Gisborne moves to Ballarat then that is a huge rival v Sunbury $$$$$$$

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Be madness for Sunbury to look EDFL. It hasn’t worked for any of the recent clubs that moved
That's why I said if mate. I can't see it happening personally especially if Gissy move to this league. There was talk years ago Sunbury going to EDFL but obviously never eventuated. Same with the talk about Diggers Rest going there too.

That's why I said if mate. I can't see it happening personally especially if Gissy move to this league. There was talk years ago Sunbury going to EDFL but obviously never eventuated. Same with the talk about Diggers Rest going there too.

Sunbury very happy in Ballarat and no plans of going anywhere else. Moving to Essendon is not the panacea many think it may be. Average competition with many issues and not that well administered. The standard of football in Ballarat compares very favourably too.

Just wait until the end of the season to see what Gisborne does with their future. They have always been happy in Bendigo but recent happenings with the loss of Kyneton and the proposed reforming of Broadford into the league are giving them second thoughts. I can see them moving over but not in 2025. With Melton South leaving maybe a move will happen sooner than anticipated. The thought of a derby with Sunbury and the Bacchus Marsh sides is certainly appealing and would be a cash cow which the club lost when Kyneton left.

Sunbury very happy in Ballarat and no plans of going anywhere else. Moving to Essendon is not the panacea many think it may be. Average competition with many issues and not that well administered. The standard of football in Ballarat compares very favourably too.

Just wait until the end of the season to see what Gisborne does with their future. They have always been happy in Bendigo but recent happenings with the loss of Kyneton and the proposed reforming of Broadford into the league are giving them second thoughts. I can see them moving over but not in 2025. With Melton South leaving maybe a move will happen sooner than anticipated. The thought of a derby with Sunbury and the Bacchus Marsh sides is certainly appealing and would be a cash cow which the club lost when Kyneton left.
The Derby with Melton would be quite big too. Gissy and Melton 1 pointers have grown up playing in plenty of big finals against eachother and interleague games together. Also that connection short term with past player Rob Waters coaching. It would be a great move.

If Sunbury left it would be for div 1 EDFL and looking to get up to premier. But I believe they are happy where they are. If Gisborne moves to Ballarat then that is a huge rival v Sunbury $$$$$$$

Can’t see a country club set up like Sunbury heading to metro edfl. More likely Riddell comp if that was in their mind.

If Lions were to leave, I suspect it would have happened years ago when there was some talk about Bendigo & the EDFL were sniffing around.
I suspect the other Sunbury clubs would serve as a cautionary tale re: EDFL anyway.
I'm not a massive fan of raiding other comps but making an approach to Gisborne does make quite a bit of sense. As it creates East/West parity, adds another strong club & prob reduces the chances of clubs being tempted elsewhere due to existing rivalries.

Another great game of finals footy today. Braved the 6C weather out at Sebas and saw a belter of a game. This whole series has been fantastic.

One of the best of recent times.

Great spectacle of Ballarat league footy

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Darley unlucky to not get a free in front of goal with 2 seconds left in normal time. But I think the 2 best sides have made it in the end

Remove this Banner Ad

BFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back