waldo

Debutant
Apr 12, 2005
Sweden
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Stockholm
Just would like to give a big congrats to all the reports at worldfootynews.

was really disappointed to be in sweden during the cup and i have really appreciated the speed in which results and articles have appeared on the net. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Yep ... I was going to post something similar. Fantastic effort guys. Let's not forget they are all volunteers and the head honcho even lives in Adelaide and went to Melbourne/Geelong/Warrnambool to cover it.

Not only is it great that they give of their time and money to do this, but I also think they do it pretty well. Their articles put some of the stuff you read about the AFL to shame.

The only irony is that we in the international footy world wish we could get that level of volunteer commitment to run the leagues OUTSIDE of Australia as well!

Keep up the good work guys :thumbsu:

Shame about the broadband coverage in Warrnambool.

It was through WFN that I found out about international footy. Before that I had no idea the game was even played overseas.

Things are definitely on the improve at AFL House and the media in general with regards to attitude towards international footy and I think it is sites like WFN that have helped a lot with that.

It is just a shame that the AFL is virtually killing international footy by trying to fit it around their own competition's schedules and fixtures. Hopefully some time in the future there will be enough interest for a governing body without conflicts of interest to emerge sometime in future and that they will deliver the level of coverage you guys do.

World Footy News is an excellent website I stumbled across it a few years ago and couldn't beleive the number of teams in the US for example.

I bet the site owners are happy to see International AFL footy getting some recognition in the mainstream press in Melbourne, even on Fox Sports.

The next IC will attract even more interest, in particular South Africa's progress.

Redb

On behalf of all the contributors and those that helped us out in anyway to the cup - thanks for the pats on the back. We know we could have done better with better resources as we were really stretched - those extra teams and games make a real difference.

I am happy to see a (slight) increase in coverage of the IC from the mainstream media, but will be really happy when the mainstream footy fans embrace it (that's when the media will have a real interest too). WFN will either be no longer required or in the thick of it fighting the big guys for every detail i guess.

And by the way - we do not receive any financial support from the AFL (nor do we expect it but many asked us about that during the cup).

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Congrats to World Footy News

Remove this Banner Ad

Back