Remove this Banner Ad

1: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
2: Clocks - Coldplay
3: Rollover DJ - Jet
4: 12:51 - The Strokes
(Gets ready to hide under the desk)
5: Replase - Little Birdie:D

Originally posted by WILKO_6
Mate, ill let you decide how they look and act. All i care about is the music they play, decide for yourself.

I notice in Beat today they are touring with Alkaline Trio in February. They are described as "emo-punk" which suits me fine cause I love bands like Jimmy Eat World and the Get Up Kids.

Will have to check them out.

Originally posted by GOALden Hawk
I notice in Beat today they are touring with Alkaline Trio in February. They are described as "emo-punk" which suits me fine cause I love bands like Jimmy Eat World and the Get Up Kids.

Will have to check them out.

Yep, cant wait to see them live, i think hot water music is playing aswell. I spose emo-punk is the closest thing to what they play but they really have their own style.

Oh and theyre nothing like jimmy eat world and the get up kids. If you really want a comparison, probably Thursday if youve heard them.

1. Love Boat Captain - Pearl Jam
2. Sweet Release - Live
3. Heaven - Live
4. Show Me How to Live - Audioslave
5. Like a Stone - Audioslave

I thought it was pretty hard as I had about 10 I wnted to put in the 5. Just missing out were Coldplay's The Scientist and Clocks, Chili Pepper's Fortune Faded, Metallica's Frantic, Christina Aguilera's Fighter (best song ever sang by a chick) and REM's Bad Day

1. Coldplay - Clocks
2. Audioslave - Like a Stone
3. Outkast - Hey Ya
4. Coldplay - The Scientist
5. The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army

1) Powderfinger - Sunsets
2) Live - Sweet Release
3) Coldplay - The Scientist
4) Something For Kate - Song For A Sleepwalker
5) REM - Bad Day

Muse gets my vote -time is running out -
Most freshest music I've heard even though it borrows a bit from their previous cd-better production on absolution-I have the dvd bonus disc version-show's them recording the stuff in the studio-great band .

Originally posted by smasha
Most freshest music I've heard even though it borrows a bit from their previous cd-better production on absolution-I have the dvd bonus disc version-show's them recording the stuff in the studio-great band .
I'm spewing that i didn't get the bonus DVD. I have seen it though at a mate's house, and i'm sure the bit where Dom was playing 2 bass drums with a mallet in a swimming pool caught your attention too! Not quite sure how the frick you come up with that kind of idea, but its certainly lateral thinking, i'll give him and his producer that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got the one with the bonus DVD, not too bad, I also got one of the limited edition error ones, where the booklet has got 2 songs in the wrong order that is is actually on the cd.

I'm still trying to think of my 5 by the way.

Originally posted by smasha
Yep i agree mate Muse is just an awesome band. Very fresh and just what I'm into at the moment.
I'd love to see them live. Would be one of the great shows I'd imagine.

Originally posted by WILKO_6
None of these have a chance

5 - Thrice - Eclipse
4 - Frenzal - White world
3 - Thrice - All thats left
2 - Pennywise - God save the USA
1 - Rancid - Fall back down

I should also make a special mention to Coldplay - God put a smile on your face. Even though im extremely close minded to other types of music, I still think this is an awsome song. I dont like any of their other stuff though

I'm hopeless at remembering this sort of stuff but my favourites for the year include;
1. Hey Ya - Outkast
2 - Some song I can't remember the name of by Iggy Pop and a girl.:)
3. Something borrowed something blue - Ben Lee (was that this year?

Can't think of any others sorry.

I've missed some of the songs I liked early in the year, can't remember that far back.

1. Maps - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
2. Cop that Sh*t - Timbaland/Magoo/Missy Elliot
3. One Monkey - Gillian Welch
4. Into You - Richard X (with Jarvis Cocker/Mazzy Star)
5. Where is the Love? - Black Eyed Peas

Honourable mentions: 5 Mile - Turin Brakes, Hey Ya - Outkast, The Scientist - Coldplay.
And best revival/reissue: Bang Bang - Nancy Sinatra (from the Kill Bill soundtrack)

1. Fortunes Faded - RHCP
2. Heaven - Live
3. What About Me - That shannon guy
4. Hoodoo Gurus - Thats My Team
5. Behind Blue Eyes - Limp Bizkit

i cant remember all the songs

1. Angels Brought Me Here - Guy Sebastian
2. Predictable - Dleta Goodrem
3. Cry me a River - Justin Timberlake
4. Miss Independant - Kelly Clarkson
5. Coldplay - The Scientist

all pop songs but ahh well.