MarkMiller93

Debutant
Sep 22, 2007
Frankston
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team
when skipworth, mcveigh, prismall, gumbleton, reimers, laycock...etc.
come back into the side and after a few weeks are back in good form, will it make a big difference? and who would we drop to bring them back into the side? i think everyones contributing pretty well atm and would be tough for the selectors. except for bachar, put him back in the 2's for a while.

Gumby is indefinite. He won't be coming back into VFL for at least 6 weeks. He hasn't increased his running at training that much at all.
We will be a better side once McVeigh gets his fitness up, but we will be hurting until Laycock gets fit and starts playing AFL.

when skipworth, mcveigh, prismall, gumbleton, reimers, laycock...etc.
come back into the side and after a few weeks are back in good form, will it make a big difference? and who would we drop to bring them back into the side? i think everyones contributing pretty well atm and would be tough for the selectors. except for bachar, put him back in the 2's for a while.

Open your eyes. obviously not watching a lot of football at the moment.

Bachar leading disposal winner against geelong - Go through the stats and find players over the last 2 years that have got 30+ against the cats. not many!

He shut down Nahas when he was looking dangerous the week before.

I am so sick of people writing Bachar off. Yes he has to improve in areas, but F*ck me, he has contributed more than others. Surely if there are any changes this week, it willl be Skipworth out, Prismall in.

Gumbleton, Laycock will be a while away yet. Riemers needs to perform at Bendigo before even contemplating a spot.

Scotty Lucas will be back too. As everyone has written him off.

agreed. lonergan, skipworth, jetta and zaharakis would be the ones on shaky ground.

we've also got welsh to come back in a few weeks too perhaps?

[/b]

Bachar leading disposal winner against geelong - Go through the stats and find players over the last 2 years that have got 30+ against the cats. not many!

I am so sick of people writing Bachar off. Yes he has to improve in areas, but F*ck me, he has contributed more than others. Surely if there are any changes this week, it willl be Skipworth out, Prismall in.

Gumbleton, Laycock will be a while away yet. Riemers needs to perform at Bendigo before even contemplating a spot.

^^^^^^
What he said + he shut Milne down who was in great form :thumbsu:

I agree re Bachar. I reckon he is looking more and more like a young Rama every week. Raking left foot, good vision, punches above his weight in the air.

And I always thought Rama reminded me of Glen Hawker so he is continuing a tradition down back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[/b]

Well, if you'd actually been watching what he's done with those disposals you'd think otherwise. the last 3-4 weeks ive seen him, he makes all the wrong decisions and just can't hit the targets. not up to AFL standard yet.

agreed. lonergan, skipworth, jetta and zaharakis would be the ones on shaky ground.

we've also got welsh to come back in a few weeks too perhaps?

And Fletcher, possibly Hurley to come back

I'd keep lonergan and zaharakis in there.

Skipworth, Jetta and Slattery are the shaky ones for mine. Bellchambers being injured could save one of them, regardless of size

slattery just wont be dropped though, no way. he's the only defense minded player there really, and i think he'll be there whether we like it or not.

as for houli, i do like the look of him, but he just lacks composure and clean hands at times. hopefully a sustained run in the 1's will help him develop this side of his game, because his skills are fine, it's his decision making under pressure that lets him down sometimes

Well, if you'd actually been watching what he's done with those disposals you'd think otherwise. the last 3-4 weeks ive seen him, he makes all the wrong decisions and just can't hit the targets. not up to AFL standard yet.

31 possesions, 78% efficiency, 2 clangers.

When you consider the pressure the Essendon defence was under and the players up ground not running hard to provide options, i think this is a great effort by Basha.

In previous weeks he clearly beat Nahas and Milne whilst still maintaining above average disposal efficiency.

And he has improved his defensive side of things and his hardness at the ball and man which is apparently what they were concerned about so i think it is fair to say that his spot is safe for as long as he can maintain current form.

I think you have just targeted someone you wanted to dislike and now your starting to look as stupid as your rationale.

Houli is a Developing 21 year old footballer who has a massive future ahead of him at this club. he is, like many in our current 22, developing. So why, after showing good positive signs over the past couple of weeks, would we drop him?????

I think Skipworth is the man who will make way, Maybe Lonergan to get some touch. However, Houli is finding the ball, and using it fairly well, with improvement, he will use it better. He should be given an extended run in the seniors to further develop his skills under the pressure of elite football.

I was extremely happy to see someone like Houli stand up in a game like Geelong where we got absolutley spanked. It was the biggest positive from the bombers point of view from the weekend. IMO.

If you had have come on here and stated that Lonergan is struggling, or Skipworth will make way for some young players this week, No one would think your an idiot. However with a stupid post like your first one, you have tainted your Bigfooty reputation. First impression often is last.......... especially when you stated in this thread that you didnt actually see the game!

I think you have just targeted someone you wanted to dislike and now your starting to look as stupid as your rationale.

Houli is a Developing 21 year old footballer who has a massive future ahead of him at this club. he is, like many in our current 22, developing. So why, after showing good positive signs over the past couple of weeks, would we drop him?????

I completely agree with you...

He was superb on the weekend. I remember the two so called clangers he had for the game. This was when he was monstered by 4 Geelong players and he got a handball out, only for the 5th Geelong player to take it away. There was not even one Essendon player helping him during that play.

Second was when he was involved in two contests within 5 seconds...and MacKie cut off his handpass which he had to get rid of, while getting tackled in our forward line.

Geelong layed 82 tackles. Lovett and Davey were clearly denied space to run in to. There wasn't run out of the back line either with Dempsey and Lovett-murray missing. Houli was exceptional considering all that.

Highlights just have to be the run down of Byrnes who had 35m head start on him and the 2nd highlight was when he went in hard with Mooney coming crashing through him. He took the bumb and won the ball brilliantly. He on this performance must keep his place for the next 4 games atleast. (ie, Brownie points)

I think Skipworth is the man who will make way, Maybe Lonergan to get some touch. However, Houli is finding the ball, and using it fairly well, with improvement, he will use it better. He should be given an extended run in the seniors to further develop his skills under the pressure of elite football.

I was extremely happy to see someone like Houli stand up in a game like Geelong where we got absolutley spanked. It was the biggest positive from the bombers point of view from the weekend. IMO.

If you had have come on here and stated that Lonergan is struggling, or Skipworth will make way for some young players this week, No one would think your an idiot. However with a stupid post like your first one, you have tainted your Bigfooty reputation. First impression often is last.......... especially when you stated in this thread that you didnt actually see the game!

how can you try and dislike bachar? everyone loved him at 1st due to his unusual lifestyle/story.
i DO still believe he'll be a great player.
i just don't think he's making the right decisions at the moment that's all im saying.

how can you try and dislike bachar? everyone loved him at 1st due to his unusual lifestyle/story.
i DO still believe he'll be a great player.
i just don't think he's making the right decisions at the moment that's all im saying.

Like you said......... You didnt even see the game.

enough said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Ins?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back