Remove this Banner Ad

B: Puopolo Boumann Sierakowski
HB: T. Murphy Schoenmakers Cheney
C: Smith Schneider Milne
HF: Whitecross Lisle Breust
F: Fagan Bailey Duryea
Foll: Lowden S. Gibson Jackson
I/C (from): Litherland Cust Mirra Williams Kitchin Kiel Hoegel Thompson Andrews

Selected at FF, so hopefully there's no drama's.

Wow, stacked with HFC listed players! I imagine it makes it a bit easier to slot into the senior side if you have as many listed players in the 2's implementing the gameplan.

I'd imagine he'd be sometime away from senior selection. Just gotta keep getting game time into him and form, fitness and confidence will come. For some reason people keep expecting to see his name up for senior selection each week when he's no where near ready.

This is something like 6 consecutive games for Max, which is absolutely great, as the big worry was him not being able to 'back it up' two weeks in a row because of knee swelling.

As long as Hale and Renouf (despite his shoddy goalkicking technique) are doing the job, he can get his fitness base together at Box Hill

This is something like 6 consecutive games for Max, which is absolutely great, as the big worry was him not being able to 'back it up' two weeks in a row because of knee swelling.

As long as Hale and Renouf (despite his shoddy goalkicking technique) are doing the job, he can get his fitness base together at Box Hill

I guess this is a good point really, about Hale and Renouf...at 6 weeks of consecutive playing, you'd think he'd be more than ready.

Maybe its more a case of not being able to force his way in?

I mean, I know Hale and Renouf dont set the world on fire, and I'm not intending to open the floodgates, but they are somewhat reliable, week in, week out. Bailey could be anything, or could be a liability (on a particular game day...ala Essendon where he went down early).

Really Really poor thread LMR.

perhaps next time try reading the paper with your eyes open as it normally helps.

Sorry.

Also Schoenmakers is being tried again at CHB after training forward and used there in NAB Cup...

Also Schoenmakers is being tried again at CHB after training forward and used there in NAB Cup...

I am sure it is confusing for the lad but we need a winner back there much more than we need a lead up HFF. Good luck Shoey. You got the talent and hope you can get your form right before finals time!

EDIT: If Zac can do it, so can you!!! Would be much easier playing in our backline this year compared to last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club will continue to get game time & match fitness into him, so baring any injury he wont play senior footy until after round 11

Typed with the conviction of a poster who's in the know.

Sadly I'm not

My take on the public utterances was that the medical staff had no time frame or expectations other than to wait and see.

Does anyone know the current status of Mitch Hallahan and Derrick Wanganeen?
I was hoping that Wanganeen might have been an outside smoky for senior games this year.

Wow that's a strong seconds side.... It's rather amazing how things have changed and we've gone from no depth to a huge amount...

Love seeing Max stringing together games good on the big fella, must be doing wonders for his confidence.

Nice to see Litherland in the interchange (forward thinking ;) ) Lowden still monstering the ruck.

Looking at that line up has got me pretty excited, Smith, Pups, Schneider, Siera and Breust all new exciting faces, and some of the development projects are starting to look good too.

Good times for Hawthorn (other than poor Ben).

Does anyone know the current status of Mitch Hallahan and Derrick Wanganeen?
I was hoping that Wanganeen might have been an outside smoky for senior games this year.

They're both named to play in the development squad. This would be to do with their preparation and managing their game time i believe. I think both, but definitely Hallahan, has had limited preparation.

the fact that he has had 3 knee reco's is the reason we are being as cautious as humanly possible atm with bails, imo he is probably right to go to step up to the seniors, 6 games plus endless amounts of running and jumping the past few months is more than enough, it was more than 18 months ago when he did the knee. this is a different situation though, we need to be patient, as it is we dont need to rush him in with hale and renouf performing well atm.

the fact that he has had 3 knee reco's is the reason we are being as cautious as humanly possible atm with bails, imo he is probably right to go to step up to the seniors, 6 games plus endless amounts of running and jumping the past few months is more than enough, it was more than 18 months ago when he did the knee. this is a different situation though, we need to be patient, as it is we dont need to rush him in with hale and renouf performing well atm.

6 games is absolute bugger all. 3 months at box hill to get some real match fitness is what would be best for him. He doesn't need the pressure of having to step up another grade just yet. The way the sub rule is going and the form of Hale means that Bailey isn't quite as important as we thought he might have been this year. Would prefer to see him later in the year or even next year. We have invested soooo much time into him let's not look at him for a short term solution once again.

6 games is absolute bugger all. 3 months at box hill to get some real match fitness is what would be best for him. He doesn't need the pressure of having to step up another grade just yet. The way the sub rule is going and the form of Hale means that Bailey isn't quite as important as we thought he might have been this year. Would prefer to see him later in the year or even next year. We have invested soooo much time into him let's not look at him for a short term solution once again.

Exactly. Fitness is cumulative across seasons and as Max has missed so much, lets just get him conditioned at Box Hill. He will be most valuable to us in the finals so lets just treat the season as a training program to get him right for finals and if he doesn't make it to the required level then give him a go from round 1 next year.

You'd need Bailey to play a whole bunch of games before you can select him to play finals football... provided we make it. Hopefully he can string some form/fitness together and get on the park for the seniors. Hopefully...

^^^^this.

Seriously, at some point in the next 4-6 weeks he needs to be out there. He can't be nursed forever, and we have to start force feeding him games.
I'd like to know if he's got what it takes, and we really won't know that until he strings some games together in the firsts. I'm a massive supporter, but really if he only plays 6 or so games this season, then he's a depth player and not the big max we need. It's a toughy. Am I being impatient after 4-5 years of waiting?
Would others see it as a suitable return on investment if Max played less than 8 games and some finals this year ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Max

Remove this Banner Ad

Back