Big Mining

Remove this Banner Ad

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is there any chance this country of ours - Australia - can stop having every single one of its policies dictated by big mining?
  1. Nuclear policy is big mining.
  2. Opposition to wind farms is big mining.
  3. Opposition to solar is big mining.
  4. Opposition to grid upgrades is big mining.
  5. Dutton abolishing Australia's Paris Agreement obligations is big mining.
  6. Opposition to the voice was big mining.
Every single policy the Liberal and National Party has is dictated by big mining.

Why do Australian's put up with this? It is infuriating.

1718074979785.png

Where do people think they get the long list of materials in massive quantities to build all the wind turbines, solar panels, batteries, energy transmission infrastructure...

Easily one of the stupidest things I've ever seen :$
Mining is fine. I'm all for it. We need all the materials that are extracted from mining to make our world work.

BUT, they should not be writing government policy - EVER. Right now they are 100% writing the LNP policy for them.

What's the alternative? Building Wind Generators with mung beans and prayers?

The materials need to come from somewhere.

Look I get it regarding Big Mining, but you gotta understand that they're the ones digging and part of what they're digging turns into components for re-newables like Wind Generators,Solar Collectors etc...

Last edited:
Funnily enough though I did read yesterday somewhere they have been experimenting with building wind turbines out of wood.
Unless its treated and tempered wood, it'll be a nightmare. Even so, that density of wood, would need a special saw to even cut it down. Think metal like trade wood.

So this is how I came to find myself sitting across the table from one of the most influential politicians in the country...

He winced as I updated him on the latest science and shared my fears for the future of our nation: an endless list of broken records, signs of abrupt climate change; parts of our country becoming uninhabitable within our lifetime. He confided equally terrifying accounts of how the fossil fuel industry has a stranglehold on our federal government: bearing witness to the passage of legislation to appease lobbyists; to parliamentarians indignantly arguing a case against the government’s duty of care to provide future generations with a safe climate; and to the disgraceful behaviour of self-serving political animals undermining the national interest.

As a newcomer to politics, he said he didn’t understand “how they sleep at night” knowing that they are making decisions that will lock in warming for centuries to come.

What's the alternative? Building Wind Generators with mung beans and prayers?

The materials need to come from somewhere.

Look I get it regarding Big Mining, but you gotta understand that they're the ones digging and part of what they're digging turns into components for re-newables like Wind Generators,Solar Collectors etc...
Coolio, but why are they writing LNP policy?

Last edited:
Is there any chance this country of ours - Australia - can stop having every single one of its policies dictated by big mining?
Every single policy the Liberal and National Party has is dictated by big mining.

View attachment 2016817

The amount of power and influence is so great and so accepted. And rabidly defended even by some of the poorest in our society

https://michaelwest.com.au/christia...al-breaches-of-the-law-now-cries-rule-of-law/

Christian Porter responsible for serial breaches of the law, now cries “rule of law”​

Porter was also accused of interfering in the court proceedings by screening documents held by Woodside Petroleum. Independent senator Rex Patrick used Senate question time recently to ask why Porter demanded the federal government have “first access” to documents held by Woodside before they were provided to Collaery.​

Scott Morrison approves sale of Kidman & Co to Rinehart's Chinese joint venture​

After blocking the sale on national security interests, Morrison steps in to allow them to form a joint venture and purchase Australia’s biggest agricultural property. After the joint venture was initially blocked based on existing policy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where do people think they get the long list of materials in massive quantities to build all the wind turbines, solar panels, batteries, energy transmission infrastructure...

Easily one of the stupidest things I've ever seen :$
Wasnt aware that made it ok for them to dictate government policy word for word.

Easily one of the stupidest things ive ever seen……

86% foreign owned and doesn’t want to pay tax.

Liberal Party runs election campaign on no taxes and Australians wave it through.

Pathetic simps.

And corporate media are the ones that allow this circus to continue…

Our political system will only ever be as good as our media… and we have sh!t media and thus we have a sh!t political system.
A system that works against the best interest of its people and for corporations.
One organisation calls it self NewsCORP FFS…. and yet people still believe the lies.

And corporate media are the ones that allow this circus to continue…

Our political system will only ever be as good as our media… and we have sh!t media and thus we have a sh!t political system.
A system that works against the best interest of its people and for corporations.
One organisation calls it self NewsCORP FFS…. and yet people still believe the lies.
59% of Australia’s print media is also owned by one American 🤷‍♂️

And they get subsidised by the Australian government (Australian people) to report against the Australian peoples own interests.

It is batshit crazy

59% of Australia’s print media is also owned by one American 🤷‍♂️

And they get subsidised by the Australian government (Australian people) to report against the Australian peoples own interests.

It is batshit crazy
And the nuffies who are too stupid to realise it treat anyone trying to point it out to them with sneering contempt.

View attachment 2016817

Uranium is mined at Olympic Dam, SA, it is banned in WA where there is a lot of it and the Ranger Mine in the NT is being decommissioned.

There are quite a few deposits around Wiluna in WA that are in caretaker mode (which may be 2 people living on the claim in their caravan), waiting for the ban to be lifted. I remember talking to one of these couples when they came to Leinster to do their groceries. At the time the price of uranium was around $50 per pound and it was estimated that for it to be viable to mine it, it needed to be at least $70 per pound, it is currently sitting at $86 per pound, so I guess it's viable if the WA state government ever lifts the ban. WA themselves don't need it, they've got decades worth of gas, so it's probably in their best interests to leave it where it is.

Mines have built huge solar panel farms for their power needs, Google is your friend. One of the problems with setting them up for powering mines is that at some point, mines close and then the solar farms become junk.

During COVID I think most of WA's policy came from McGowan via big mining and for being a good boy McGowan has duly been rewarded by big mining. I'm not sure he's LNP or Nationals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back