Bumped Big swap in the wind (Menzel for Dangerfield)

Remove this Banner Ad

Id say it sounds like he is staying, but then again it could be a ploy from his management to bump his asking price elsewhere up too.
But all signs point to him staying at adelaide.

Id say it sounds like he is staying, but then again it could be a ploy from his management to bump his asking price elsewhere up too.
But all signs point to him staying at adelaide.

and if this scenario plays out as expected, where do geelong move their approaches too ?

our list management issues are no mystery, with a number of experienced midfield types still to negotiate.

of those remaining unsigned, do see a spot for any of them ?

examples are sidebottom & wellingham.

and if this scenario plays out as expected, where do geelong move their approaches too ?

Id say Boak from port is rumored to be the next on the list - He is a local boy too and is travelling home during the bye so a few are expecting some approach to be made by GFC at some point.

Perhaps he'll drop by Kardinia Park for a chat with Balmey?

TALENTED Port Adelaide midfielder Travis Boak, an out-of-contract target of Geelong and other Victorian clubs, will consider his future when he returns home to Victoria during the club's break for the bye weekend.

Boak, 23, who shared Port's best and fairest last year and is considered to be an emerging gun, will discuss his future with his family, who live just outside of Geelong on the surf coast, during Port's bye in round 13.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/boak-considers-future-20120522-1z38f.html

As has been posted in the Travis Boak thread, Luke Hodge noted on Channel 7's Game Day that after Patrick Dangerfield made a couple of tweets about Steve Johnson and Tom Harley on Steve Johnson, perhaps he is tweeting to his future team mate. I'm sure that i am reading too much into it, but Danger sure knows how to stoke the fire.

our list management issues are no mystery, with a number of experienced midfield types still to negotiate.

of those remaining unsigned, do see a spot for any of them ?

examples are sidebottom & wellingham.

Pendles?? :D

i'd say the chance that he goes anywhere would be 1% or so.

i dont think people give afl players enough credit sometime, it makes no sense for dangerfield to sign now, each week he is raising his contract price, for example if he signed at the start of the year he would be getting a lot less than if he signed today, its stupid to not wait until the price is right

As has been posted in the Travis Boak thread, Luke Hodge noted on Channel 7's Game Day that after Patrick Dangerfield made a couple of tweets about Steve Johnson and Tom Harley on Steve Johnson, perhaps he is tweeting to his future team mate. I'm sure that i am reading too much into it, but Danger sure knows how to stoke the fire.

As I heard it, it was not Dangerfield who was stoking the fire but Luke Hodge.

As I heard it, it was not Dangerfield who was stoking the fire but Luke Hodge.

I was pretty surprised to hear Hodgey say that actually... Still think its a low low low chance.. Danger is just a fan (like many) of Stevie J's work

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough, but Danger supplied the flammable material then which got the fire started in the first place...

He didn't really though....

He was just complimenting a fellow player... Which plenty of other players do as well

Lol, I forgot he was out of contract - my god, Imagine if we pulled a massive coup and got him..... :D

Jizz in my pants! Probably my fav non Cats Player..

So the deal we'll give Pies Burns and we get Pendles..
We'll give GC Hogan and we get Ablett plus keep our Draft Picks..
Knock Swans and get Mummy back too!

I reckon that's Fair! hahaha :p

I wonder why Pendlebury's name hasnt been thrown around as yet?
I guess the big thing is that not a lot of teams would have the $$$ that he would command - does anyone know what our available salary cap is this year?

And I like your thinking Alkanphel - if only!! :)

Lol, missed that one!

That explains why his name hasnt been thrown around then, would have found it hard to see him moving in any case.
Had me stumped why he took a 1 year deal after a premiership year in the first place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back