BigFooty DT Division 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Some dismal scores were posted by some popular DT players this week - Gilbert, Cox and O'Keeffe could not score 100 between them and Montagna had a poor score for him after performing the splits on the shifty Etihad surface.

As a league, we continued our climb towards the Top 50 leagues - up three spots to 51st on a 2,064 average (down 1, I think).

The top 6 spots are set, with the Bulls cementing their spot with a stirring come from behind win against the (cough)Lunatic Fringe(cough). Another six teams are on, yep, six wins and the last two spots will go to whoever can win next week:

• Top score this week went to Spreadsheet Elite 2,184 who denied Horj's Hero's 2,056 a Top 8 spot and avoided the wooden spoon at the same time. Well done, West.
  • Bald Eagle 2,138 were the big mover this week, into third spot, after knocking off Brutal Deluxe 1,983.
  • footyfix 1,934 had their scheduled down-week and were put out of the finals picture by league leader Stevies Wonders 2,104.
  • Gutwrenching Bulls 2,098 were looking down the barrel on Saturday but with huge scores by Sylvia and Harbrow they flew home to beat Lunatic Fringe 2,029, who have lost four out of the last five and are clinging to eighth spot.
  • Team Goober 2,013 made it six losses on end against Mugs Away 2,062 who are still alive.
  • Nasty Nige 1,946 seem to have wrapped up the wooden spoon after losing to A Bunch Of Hacks 2,038. The Hacks are still alive in 12th spot but need the other results to go their way.
  • Impromptu 2,039missed the chance to wrap up 7th spot in their loss to Quality Stingrays7 2,088. The Stingrays made it three on end to stay in the hunt in 10th spot.
  • swanton 2,145 easily beat Barnzy's Guns 2,004 who appear to be running on empty with Barlow and Kreuzer still on their list.
Stevies Wonders form has cooled off a little but they are still 93 points clear of swanton - in 243rd and 320th respectively and doing Division 16 proud.

Six of the games this week will determine the last two spots:

Bald Eagle (10-4) vs Gutwrenching Bulls (8-6)

Lunatic Fringe (6-8) vs Brutal Deluxe (9-5)

Stevies Wonders (12-2) vs Spreadsheet Elite (4-10)

Horj's Hero's (6-8) vs footyfix (5-9)

Team Goober (4-10) vs A Bunch Of Hacks (6-8)

Nasty Nige (3-11) vs Mugs Away (6-8)

Impromptu (6-8) vs Barnzy's Guns (10-4)

swanton (11-3) vs Quality Stingrays7 (6-8)

Nasty Nige 1,946 seem to have wrapped up the wooden spoon after losing to A Bunch Of Hacks 2,038. The Hacks are still alive in 12th spot but need the other results to go their way.

What a huge last round coming up! I have had a look at it and as long as all the favourites win I will sneak in to eighth. But it is going to be tense...:thumbsu:

Stevies Wonders form has cooled off a little but they are still 93 points clear of swanton - in 243rd and 320th respectively and doing Division 16 proud.

235th mate :thumbsu:

Couldn't see me keeping up the scoring as I was hitting everything for a good few weeks. Bringing in Ryder and Gilbert in the last 2 weeks hasn't helped but I'm still going in the right direction.

Good luck to everyone going for a finals spot, its certainly going to be interesting.

The final 8 is now set with the last two spots decided this week. Three teams, most notably mine, coughed up the opportunity to grab eighth spot and it was Quality Stingrays who managed to snatch it. Honourable mention to the Hacks who also managed the win but lost out on percentages (and no thanks to Barnzy's Gun either).

The bottom fell out for a few teams this week with five sub-2000 scores. Our average again went backward a point to 2063 and we slipped 4 spots to be ranked 55th - remains to be seen whether we can crack the top 50 now.

Around the league, the results showed that there were very few easy matches in this league:

• Stevies Wonders 2,214 were back in top gear this week to beat Spreadsheet Elite 2,031 and finish two games clear at the top. A top to bottom football department review is already underway in Newcastle.
  • Bald Eagle 2,163 loom as a major contender in the finals by posting their seventh straight win over Gutwrenching Bulls 2,114.
  • After eight weeks posing as a Top 8 team, Lunatic Fringe 2,067 were put out of their misery (though in a fairly cruel way) by Brutal Deluxe 2,080. The Fringe lost three in a row and 5 of their last 6 to tumble out of the eight just when it mattered.
  • footyfix 2,000 also kept Horj's Hero's 1,960 out of the eight. After surging into a position to make the 8, the Hero's lost their last two to just miss.
  • A Bunch Of Hacks 2,065 grabbed ninth position with their win over Team Goober 1,943 who just failed in their bid for the wooden spoon, losing seven straight. The Hacks missed the finals because...
  • Barnzy's Guns 1,910 had the lowest score to lose to the second lowest score Impromptu 1,924. Both teams are in the finals, but probably not for long.
  • They may have won the wooden spoon, but Nasty Nige 2,042 officially shaped the finals by beating Mugs Away 1,986, who missed out after losing three in a row.
  • As mentioned, Quality Stingrays7 2,102 grabbed eighth spot by beating swanton 2,024, who were affected by a number of missing players. The Stingrays timing was impeccable as they came from a long way back and also face the slumping Guns in the first week. In another milestone for the Stingrays, they became the last team to hit a 2,000 point average this week (though technically Horj's Hero's just dipped under that mark this week).
Stevies Wonders big score saw them jump up 64 spots to 171st. swanton is secure in second spot, but there is a big battle on for a podium finish with the next four teams having scores in the 37,600s.

First week of the finals this week:

Stevies Wonders vs Brutal Deluxe

swanton vs Bald Eagle

Barnzy's Guns vs Quality Stingrays7

Gutwrenching Bulls vs Impromptu

A quick update on how it stands in the Swanton v Bald Eagle first round finals match.

Scenario is Bald Eagle is plus 95 and Boyd v Swanton with Gilbert and Henderson as differing players. Will be very close I think.

I'd be feeling a lot more comfortable if I had of maintained the faith in Swan instead of banking on Ablett to have a big game :eek: Those extra 19 points could be the difference in the end

BigFooty Division 16

Re: BigFooty DT Division 16
The much talked about Round 19 of 2009 was not repeated a year later with the Top 4 teams all keen to win and not in a position to rest anyone. The big out was Aaron Sandilands who is in most of our teams, though everyone seems to have some bench cover through Warnock, Roughead or Trengove. Beau Waters and Jarrod Harbrow (Harbrow for the second week in a row from memory) were game day withdrawals which might have tested your bench strength.

The only team that looks safe enough to consider mass restings this week is Collingwood. Beware.

There were no great suprises in the league finals:
  • Stevies Wonders 2,199 were too solid for Brutal Deluxe 2,099 who had some poor scores in the forward line. Barry Hall was their last hope but he struck terrible conditions in Adelaide.
  • We got the equation in advance on this one - Boyd + 95 points vs Gilbert and Henderson. In the close game, Bald Eagle 2,114 made it eight on end when they beat swanton 2,105 by a measly nine points. Coming into the last game, swanton were 12 points ahead and needed Henderson to get within 11 points of Boyd, which Boyd just managed. The hero for the Eagles (of the Bald variety, anyway) was Andrew Strijk, who came off the bench for Waters with a very handy 80 points.
  • The long out-of-trades Barnzy's Guns 1,995 scored well considering their two donuts but predictably lost to Quality Stingrays7 2,227. This game was a good example of what happens in the finals between a team going for glory and a trade-hoarder.
  • This weeks top scorer was Gutwrenching Bulls 2,231 who easily beat the enigmatic Impromptu 1,969.
Two tough matches in the semi finals this week:

Brutal Deluxe vs Quality Stingrays7

swanton vs Gutwrenching Bulls

On the back of some good scoring this week, our average moved up 2 points to 2,065. The league rankings seem to have stopped, but it felt like we should have moved up a little this week.

For the first time, all teams are above the 2,000 average. It is worth looking at the standing and current rankings as these will determine which league you can enter next year (and seeing as my team just jumped two spots into third place and is the only thing I have left).

Code:
[B]Team Name           BigFooty Name      Rank (Ave)[/B]
Stevies Wonders     TriMegCai             138  (2155)
swanton             swanton               456  (2135)
Lunatic Fringe      Lunatic Fringe (c)  2,567  (2097)
Brutal Deluxe       Captain Fantasy     2,839  (2094)
Bald Eagle          Jezzza              3,248  (2090)
Barnzy's Guns       Barnzy              3,370  (2089)
Mugs Away           Kailon              5,022  (2076)
Gutwrenching Bulls  swans4eva           5,653  (2072)
Impromptu           Impromptu          10,216  (2049)
Spreadsheet Elite   West123            10,801  (2046)
Team Goober         Team Goober        11,334  (2044)
footyfix            footyfix           11,454  (2044)
Nasty Nige          NastyNige          19,112  (2016)
Quality Stingrays7  J-Ro-20            19,556  (2015)
A Bunch of Hacks    that_dood          21,299  (2009)
Horj's Hero's       horj89             22,971  (2004)

Glasgow based Stevies Wonders moved up another 33 spots this week and are within 80 odd points of the 100th team. Go Stevie.

It shows how competitive DT has become when the difference between the 5,000 and 10,000 ranked teams is only about 400 points.

The bottom few teams figure to play in a much lower league next year, though the Stingrays are climbing the rankings quickly.

Re: BigFooty Division 16

Although I'm stoked with 2231, I'm a bit annoyed because I forgot to put Warnock as an emergency so I copped the zero from Sandi. Big game this week against Swanton, he beat me in the swans big footy league earlier this year and I beat him in this league earlier in the year so this is the decider :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The wooden spoon for overall points looks to be heading my way :eek:

Going by my current average which stands at 2005 I am going to end up with a score of about 44,100 and an overall ranking thats steadily improving of 15,000-20,000. Comparing that to other years, as seen below, this year I have scored better than previous by quite a margain but my overall ranking has plummeted. Though given this year there are 322,087 Dt'ers it is probably all relative.

untitled.jpg

I reckon it has become a lot more competitive. Good information was freely available at the start of the year meaning starting squads were that much better.

We all ranked about the same last year, but you can see some teams in the league have improved on that performance. A couple very significantly.

Still, all the teams are bunched together so you can make up a lot of ground in the remaining weeks. The Stingrays moved up about 5,000 spots this week, I think.

Although I'm stoked with 2231, I'm a bit annoyed because I forgot to put Warnock as an emergency so I copped the zero from Sandi. Big game this week against Swanton, he beat me in the swans big footy league earlier this year and I beat him in this league earlier in the year so this is the decider :p

Unless we meet in the granny of the sydney BF, which is highly likely

Two very close semi finals in Division 16 this week with swanton and Quality Stingrays just getting by in a high scoring round.
  • Quality Stingrays7 2,327 had the leagues highest score to put an unlucky Brutal Deluxe 2,311 out of the finals in straight sets by 16 points. Brutal Deluxe were still a chance come the late game but needed some big scores between St Nick, Gilbert and Montagna. While Gilbert and Riewoldt did their bit, Montagna stiffed with 67.
  • After losing by nine points last week, swanton 2,280 did the same to Gutwrenching Bulls 2,271 in the battle of the Swans fans. A tentative early crow came unstuck for the Bulls, when Fisher and Harvey could not get past HMac and 23 points in the last quarter and a half. The Bulls were forced to play two bench players when Harbrow missed yet again (must be the ebola virus) and the injury-prone Brown withdrew before the start.
Down to the last four:

Bald Eagle vs Quality Stingrays7

swanton vs Stevies Wonders

With 11 teams over 2,200 points, our average moved up a further 6 points to 2,071. That average was not helped by some pretty poor performances (looking at you, Team Goober). The Hacks just got passed by Horj's Heros in the overall and are now in last spot.

Stevies Wonders moved up 9 spots this week to 129th, edging closer to a Top 100 finish.

With the trading done for most teams, teams resting players caused havoc for teams this week. Some big names were rested - Hayes, O'Keefe, Fremantle. Combined with the late withdrawals of Mackie, Ryder and Sylvia none of our finalists fielded a full side in the preliminaries:
  • The late season run of Quality Stingrays7 1,815 came to an abrupt end this week witha hefty loss at the hands of Bald Eagle 2,139.The Stingrays had two zeroes compared to the Eagles one, but its scores dropped off this week leaving the Stingrays well behind.
  • In the other prelim, swanton 1,941 went down to Stevies Wonders 2,081. Both teams had a donut, but it was Stevies Wonders who outscored swanton all over the ground (apart from the rucks where a solo Tippett scored a dismal 37 points). It wasn't the difference but the Wonders were able to cover the loss of O'Keefe with a surprisingly good 92 from Trent Dennis-Lane.
The match-up in our GF was one you could see coming for a number of weeks:

Bald Eagle vs Stevies Wonders

Good luck guys, should be a close one.

With all the missing players, there were some low scores this week which dragged our average down four points to 2,067. It is tight for third spot between Lunatic Fringe and Brutal Deluxe and, after another poor week, the Hacks look certain to finish lowest on the rankings.

With their zero for Ryder, Stevies Wonders dropped down 19 spots to 148th, about 90 points behind 100th spot.

Really pleased to be in the GF but pissed off at Paddy missing out as its almost certainly put an end to my top 100 aspirations. I had 2 trades to play with and decent cover in all positions so very annoying.

Final should be close, good luck Baldy:thumbsu:

so much for finishing strong i'm limping into the last round. so many injuries and no trades. definitely will refine my strategy next year.

Really pleased to be in the GF but pissed off at Paddy missing out as its almost certainly put an end to my top 100 aspirations. I had 2 trades to play with and decent cover in all positions so very annoying.

Final should be close, good luck Baldy:thumbsu:

Good luck to you Stevie :) If you go on overall ranking I'm pretty much up against it but you never know what will happen in this last week with possible restings...it's probably my turn to be bitten now that I've said it :eek:

I'm a bit surprised I managed to get here to be honest, although I have been fairly consistent over the last 10 rounds or so. Just don't seem to be able to crack the really big scores.

Good luck to both Lunatic Fringe and Mugs Away in the minor final. Would be a bit of justice (no offence meant MA) if LF took it out after all the great write ups he's done this year :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

BigFooty DT Division 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Back