Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Historically I never got into black metal. Melodic and atmospheric black though, while there's a lot of shit out there, I love with bands like Agalloch and Harakiri. That in turn has given me a better appreciation for black metal to the point I am starting to like it a bit (small doses) as a bloke closer to 50 than 45.

On my way into Triumph of Death now. Just pulled the trigger for Viscera Infest for tomorrow, too (will go after the footy). I will be very careful with any shirt purchases at that gig, don't want a repeat of the Jungle Rot situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On my way into Triumph of Death now. Just pulled the trigger for Viscera Infest for tomorrow, too (will go after the footy). I will be very careful with any shirt purchases at that gig, don't want a repeat of the Jungle Rot situation.

Was gonna go watch Aardvark but short set. CBF with ToD though been told good things. Reckon I'd get there late if I was to go - supports are pretty meh to me. See how I feel after the game tomorrow for that show. Yeah their shirts will be terrible.

Spectacular gig; never thought I'd see that. Got the tour shirt and Apocalyptic Raids lp (signed by Tom). utility was looking very busy as always.

Seeing them in Adelaide sunday night mostly to see Tommy G.

To Mega Therion one of my all time favs.

That guitar sound :)

You are going to ****ING LOVE IT!!!!

I did see Celtic Frost on the Monotheist tour when I was quite young, and even though in every objective sense the CF material is "better", there's something magical about the old, primitive, Hellhammer material.

James Colorado Max Lynch driving me crazy already.

I'm on the train atm, parked at Box Hill so I can just take the tram back from Collingwood after tonight's show (Belgrave line closed from Blackburn out).

But yeah, those nicknames are getting more and more cringe as the season has gone on lol

The highlight of the Triumph of Death show was definitely the crowd going, "oooh!!" Tom G-style all through the night. He eventually called them out on it which was hilarious, "I spent 43 years writing lyrics and all you can remember is OOOHH!!"

I wonder what his reaction would have been if someone requested Cherry Orchards or Downtown Hanoi?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back