Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

**** Killswitch Engage is torture. Bro core shit. They should be sent to the Gulag for their cover of Holy Diver. Go culturally appropriate something else campaigners.
They must be doing something right as they have a decent following globally. As I said a while back I don't mind some metalcore and KSE are one of the bands I like.

It was always a very strange choice to pair them with Maiden though.

They must be doing something right as they have a decent following globally. As I said a while back I don't mind some metalcore and KSE are one of the bands I like.

It was always a very strange choice to pair them with Maiden though.

Don't mind me just ranting. Tonight's show was better than Friday's one. Glad I went to both.

Maiden were spectacular!!

Incredible stage presence; I honestly think they've got a bit left in the tank, too.

KSE not really my thing (I did get Alive or Just Breathing when I was a kid), but I thought they played very well.

Onto Agalloch tomorrow.

Was also at the Maiden gig last night and still not a fan of The Writing on the Wall. Only track I skip on Senjutsu, whereas I skip none on TBOS. Feels as if it lacks some creativity structurally and lyrically. The show overall was great except for some lass in front of me thinking it was a good idea to stand up for 2 songs near the end.

Anywho, on a bit of an Andy James kick atm:

Was also at the Maiden gig last night and still not a fan of The Writing on the Wall. Only track I skip on Senjutsu, whereas I skip none on TBOS. Feels as if it lacks some creativity structurally and lyrically. The show overall was great except for some lass in front of me thinking it was a good idea to stand up for 2 songs near the end.

Anywho, on a bit of an Andy James kick atm:

Did you partake of the merchandise stand?

Had a Slayer shirt on last night. Walking from across the MCG. Run into a pack of pissed up rascals who went into 'Slayer' mode (be 16 years max, with mullets, Maiden shirts and carrying booze - love it). The girlfriend thought they were looking to start trouble. Haha. I said no they were greeting/complimenting me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope, couldn't justify $70 on a tee. I realise why the pricing is the way it is, but geez, it's quite steep.

From memory they were $60 on the last tour. Given volume they sell I'm sure Maiden could do us a favour and sell a bit cheaper but supply/demand I guess. Don't think I'll be buying any more shirts for a while.

From memory they were $60 on the last tour. Given volume they sell I'm sure Maiden could do us a favour and sell a bit cheaper but supply/demand I guess. Don't think I'll be buying any more shirts for a while.
I brought a cap for $50 and thought this was a bit steep.

I wore my Dead Kelly hoodie. Not sure if you saw me? I got one compliment for it

I brought a cap for $50 and thought this was a bit steep.

I wore my Dead Kelly hoodie. Not sure if you saw me? I got one compliment for it

Nah didn't see you. Shirts I remember that stood out - GG Allin, D666 and Bathory. I had a Reign in Pain tour shirt on.

Nah didn't see you. Shirts I remember that stood out - GG Allin, D666 and Bathory. I had a Reign in Pain tour shirt on.
I saw a couple Slayer shirts and a Deicide one.

Were you waiting outside of Gate 4? There was a security lady there. She was hilarious. She had the crowd in stitches with her humour. She said I get VIP treatment because I had walking cane. lol

Totally agree with you there.

I also snared the design I liked best for about $37 on eBay today, limited amount of them left there. Win/Win 👍

I saw a couple Slayer shirts and a Deicide one.

Were you waiting outside of Gate 4? There was a security lady there. She was hilarious. She had the crowd in stitches with her humour. She said I get VIP treatment because I had walking cane. lol

Yeah saw her there on Friday night. Didn’t see her Saturday night. Lady with the big voice - she was fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back