Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Enjoyable show. Nicko has had to tone it right back. Crowd a bit laid back for a lot of it (first time seen pretty much all seated punters sitting at an Iron Maiden show). AtG the highlight. No idea why promoters book 'bro rock' bands to support metal acts. Looking forward to tomorrow night. Now to get home to watch the game.

Yeah I said to my brother when we saw them in 07 everyone stood up as soon as they started and stayed standing the whole gig. Was weird trying to rock out while sitting, haven't sat for a metal gig for years, always managed to jag GA.

I enjoyed The Writing on the Wall from that album last night

That was my favourite from the new album, what a great tune, been in my head all weekend.

Great gig, they all sounded great, particularly Bruce. I think he sounds better in part due to not running around like a maniac all of the time. He needs to shut the **** up between songs though, he dribbled absolute shit at times.

Yeah I said to my brother when we saw them in 07 everyone stood up as soon as they started and stayed standing the whole gig. Was weird trying to rock out while sitting, haven't sat for a metal gig for years, always managed to jag GA.

That was my favourite from the new album, what a great tune, been in my head all weekend.

Great gig, they all sounded great, particularly Bruce. I think he sounds better in part due to not running around like a maniac all of the time. He needs to shut the **** up between songs though, he dribbled absolute shit at times.

"Australian Rules is cricket gone wrong."

Please tell me they were shit. Lie if you have to, it'll make me feel better about not being able to go.

Absolutely atrocious, worst gig ever 😆

Got 2 Maiden shirts (samurai cyborg Eddie design with the tour dates on the back, and fist going through Eddie's head - was on one of the backdrops - with Fear of the Dark design on the back): $140.

Agalloch tour shirt $45, plus Pale Folklore and The Mantle deluxe 2CD and book packs, $55 each, so $155.

$295 in merch.

Also, my niece's 1st birthday this weekend coming up. Her name is Ruby, so I bought her one.

Not a cheap weekend.

Got 2 Maiden shirts (samurai cyborg Eddie design with the tour dates on the back, and fist going through Eddie's head - was on one of the backdrops - with Fear of the Dark design on the back): $140.

Agalloch tour shirt $45, plus Pale Folklore and The Mantle deluxe 2CD and book packs, $55 each, so $155.

$295 in merch.

Also, my niece's 1st birthday this weekend coming up. Her name is Ruby, so I bought her one.

Not a cheap weekend.
I had the fist through the head t-shirt (a Kmart knockoff) in about 1990, pretty sure it was the design for the Can I Play With Madness single. It was my first ever piece of metal apparel.

Yeah, thought they would be. The exact reason I didn't go :smirk:

Post-Black is hardly my favourite style of Black Metal, but it was good to step outside my comfort zone.

I won't twist the knife and tell you how long they played for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well if it helps, they did butcher “Not Unlike the Waves”, totally omitting the amazing solo/most of the last 3 minutes of the song. Criminal.
eat my god GIF

New Nile.

Gauging if I wanna go see them. I think I will. Recent setlists look OK despite complete lack of Amongst the Catacombs.

Bit put off by the revolving door of musos they've had since Dallas left the band, but I'll go in with an open mind.

Agalloch were well worth trekking across the border for. Was rather sentimental as somebody who has loved their music for the past two decades. Personal favs from the night were the trio from The Mantle and Ghosts of the Midwinter Fires early on. They really did nail the setlist.

Wasn't familiar with Suldusk but their sound was perfectly suited for an Agalloch show. You could tell they were chuffed to be there.

Haughm's solo stuff will be worth a revisit, particularly liked the brooding opener.

Also caught Maiden on Saturday. Much more of a casual fan, not familiar with their new work. Fun show. Wish I had a buck for every Maiden t-shirt I spotted around Melbourne over the weekend :p

Agalloch were well worth trekking across the border for. Was rather sentimental as somebody who has loved their music for the past two decades. Personal favs from the night were the trio from The Mantle and Ghosts of the Midwinter Fires early on. They really did nail the setlist.

Wasn't familiar with Suldusk but their sound was perfectly suited for an Agalloch show. You could tell they were chuffed to be there.

Haughm's solo stuff will be worth a revisit, particularly liked the brooding opener.

Also caught Maiden on Saturday. Much more of a casual fan, not familiar with their new work. Fun show. Wish I had a buck for every Maiden t-shirt I spotted around Melbourne over the weekend :p

You would've made a week's wages just from the regulars in this thread.

Not sure if you're aware but they're an awesome live band and you'll have a great time ha ha
Seen them once before. I am getting very excited. Even if the setlist isnt exactly curated for me, obviously it wont be, i know im going to enjoy myself a lot! The venue is very frustrating to get to though. That is the only obstacle i foresee.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back