Remove this Banner Ad

From a press release:

BATUSHKA
Polish Black Metal Legends to Play Final Ever Show
Friday, December 13: Max Watts Melbourne

REBORN AS PATRIARKH
Set To Release New Album, ПРОРОК ИЛИЯ, On January 3, 2025
Official Video for First Single "ВЕРШАЛИН III" Unveiled

Reborn PATRIARKH (formerly Batushka) returns with a masterpiece of arcane black metal!

Polish black metal icons PATRIARKH (formerly Batushka) return with a clear and fresh vision as they unveil their new concept album, ПРОРОК ИЛИЯ (Lat. PROROK ILJA), out on January 3, 2025. The Napalm Records debut unveils eight new compositions and immerses the listener in the true story of Eliasz Klimowicz, the titular Prophet Ilja, set in the 1930s and 40s. Following the success of their critically acclaimed album, Hospodi (2019), and relentless touring around the globe, the new band looks towards a bright future! Firmly grounded in Eastern Orthodox traditions and music, PATRIARKH blends black and doom metal with haunting, dark religious concepts.

Check out the official music video for "ВЕРШАЛИН III" (Lat. WIERSZALIN III)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07j-PokQwLo

PATRIARKH on the new album:

"With this new release, we are starting a new chapter in our history - not only is our name changing, but our music is also undergoing a natural evolution. The story on the album encouraged us to get out of our comfort zone, we reached for means that we had not used before in our music. Many of you will wonder if this is still black metal? Or is it even metal? Radio play, audiobook, theater, film soundtrack, folk music, performance... All these terms will fit here. Some will hate, others will love..."

What venues do the shows now that the Zoo used to stage?
I think The Brightside probably takes up most of the slack. I think the Zoo's capacity was somewhere between The Brightside & The Triffid so those 2 venues are probably where the bulk of shows have gone.

Apparantly The Zoo will reopen as Crowbar next month which is great!

EDIT: I think Soapbox has taken some shows too. If im not mistaken, HFTS are playing there next month

Hardest of passes for me.
Trying to work out how much i want to see Within Temptation but id say the lineup is the worst since Knotfest came to Aus, and its not like their past lineups were super great either. At least bands like In Flames, Amon Amarth, Pantera, Megadeth & Lamb of God have been on previous lineups. This year, they really dont have any major metal drawcards so im disappointed. Within Temptation and Hatebreed are the two bands that id like to see.

I usually support these big alternative/metal festivals in Aus even though a lot of the time they dont cater exactly to my taste - and i dont expect them to - but that lineup really falls flat i think. At least someone like SOAD would be a big drawcard and id enjoy seeing them for nostalghia value.

Trying to work out how much i want to see Within Temptation but id say the lineup is the worst since Knotfest came to Aus, and its not like their past lineups were super great either. At least bands like In Flames, Amon Amarth, Pantera, Megadeth & Lamb of God have been on previous lineups. This year, they really dont have any major metal drawcards so im disappointed. Within Temptation and Hatebreed are the two bands that id like to see.

I usually support these big alternative/metal festivals in Aus even though a lot of the time they dont cater exactly to my taste - and i dont expect them to - but that lineup really falls flat i think. At least someone like SOAD would be a big drawcard and id enjoy seeing them for nostalghia value.

I haven't been a Slipknot fan since I was a kid, and the early 00s aren't exactly yesterday, so they're not enough of a draw for me. There was rumours of Manson on the bill, and I would think that Slipknot and Manson together may be enough for me to relive my teens, but one alone isn't.

Went this year for Pantera, and that alone was worth it (I also used The Hu to describe it as a cultural experience, lol).

I didn't go in 2022, but that's because Megadeth and Amon Amarth did their own shows so I didn't need to, as I went to them.

But I do like your point about going to these fests, they do need to be supported (and not just metal/alternative, but all genres). Thankfully the live music scene in this country is very healthy, so I think it can survive me not going to Knotfest 2025 😀

The offers they'll get for more shows will be massive. I'll surprised if they don't do more - you'd think a show in NOLA would be a given.
I know Anthony from Your Mate Bookings is a big AB/Dax fan so I'm sure he'll try and give an Aussie tour a crack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back