Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Nile were amazing (5th time I've seen them). Thought Ashen and Carnal Viscera were very good as opening acts, too.

Attachments

• IMG_5532.jpeg
    IMG_5532.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5537.jpeg
    IMG_5537.jpeg
    959.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5538.jpeg
    IMG_5538.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5539.jpeg
    IMG_5539.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5541.jpeg
    IMG_5541.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
I'm slowly going through dozens of CDs I received while in Moscow. So far they've all been good but I'll share the more obscure stuff that I like.

First up is Talbot, a two-piece band from Estonia. They have an interesting sound that spreads different genres/influences but sticks pretty close to sludgy doom but for some reason I get grunge vibes as well.

Their website: http://www.talbot-music.com

Apparently they've toured Australia before! Had no idea but there you go. Here's a live set from 2018.

Magnetic Tartrap is the next band I'll recommend.

They were a death'n'roll sludge band formed in Moscow in 2009, recorded this album in 2013 but didn't release it until last year! From what I understand their singer passed away during that time so no idea if they're going to do write more music or not.

Their music reminds me a bit of the stoner-ish Blood Duster songs... maybe because the first track on the album is called Dead S1ut in the Drumcase. Definitely reminds a lot of Lucifungus in terms of the riffage. Superb riffage, recommended!

This is the first band in this review series that strays from doom... well, I kind of lie.

Crust was highly recommended to me, which I'm always wary of because they may not live up to expectations. Again, a band that doesn't stick strictly to a genre so hard to explain. In their own words, "We formed Crust in 2014 to create a heavy, atmospheric blend of Blackened Doom, Post-Black, Sludgecore and Dark Metal." I guess post-black metal a close description?

If that depiction aligns with your musical sensibilities then check them out. This is a cool video too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back