Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

This and WASP Live at the Lyceum saw a lot of time in our video player.
A bit later KISS Alive III, Skid Row Roadkill and Motley Crue Uncensored also got a good run for me, though I got my copy of Crue several years after it came out. I loved the version of Delivering The Goods that Skid Row did with Rob Halford that was on Roadkill, I think taken from an MTV special.

Enforced release a new EP today too - A Leap In The Dark

Been listening to this a bit of late, you might enjoy.

fcea53222aff1d77cedd2a07c195fe28.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't say I'm excited about Metallica but might see if I can score a media pass. I just want to see if I can get Rob to sign my S.T. albums!

Was thinking perhaps one to sit out on the concourse. Given the 360 stage probably have as good a view as most of general admin too (i.e. shit). Was gonna go in 2019 but doubt I'll find the enthusiasm again. Probably wouldn't be as apathetic if they'd made up the cancelled dates in 22/23. Given me too much time to think about the nightmare crowd and the likelihood of watching most of the show from a Marvel scoreboard. Imagine tickets will start from $250 - can't remember what the 2019 general admin ticket cost me.

Was thinking perhaps one to sit out on the concourse. Given the 360 stage probably have as good a view as most of general admin too (i.e. shit). Was gonna go in 2019 but doubt I'll find the enthusiasm again. Probably wouldn't be as apathetic if they'd made up the cancelled dates in 22/23. Given me too much time to think about the nightmare crowd and the likelihood of watching most of the show from a Marvel scoreboard. Imagine tickets will start from $250 - can't remember what the 2019 general admin ticket cost me.
No 360 stage by the looks.

IMG_0394.png

On my way to the 500, pulled in & saw these at a store so couldn't not get one. Made here, just a run of the mill English Ale knock off, should have just grabbed a Sheppards Spitfire or an Adnams Broadside Strong Original. Beats that Kiss beer from a while back at least..
IMG_20241025_133145~2.jpg

Last edited:
On my way to the 500, pulled in & saw these at a store so couldn't not get one. Made here, just a run of the mill English Ale knock off, should have just grabbed a Sheppards Spitfire or an Adnams Broadside Strong Original. Beats that Kiss beer from a while back at least..
View attachment 2151594

Spitfire is a ripper. On the subject of English ale I remember Dickens turned the temperature down on the Fuller's London Pride tap some years back when I was a regular. Set me off - had to buy two pints and sit on your first one for a bit. Could never get my head around the decision to store ale at a lager temp. Asked them and they said they were getting complaints for serving ale at ale temperature. Work that one out. Could drink Fullers all day and there was always Tetleys if you needed to back off a bit.

View attachment 2151594

I drank one of them at 11:58pm one night, true story

Spitfire is a ripper. On the subject of English ale I remember Dickens turned the temperature down on the Fuller's London Pride tap some years back when I was a regular. Set me off - had to buy two pints and sit on your first one for a bit. Could never get my head around the decision to store ale at a lager temp. Asked them and they said they were getting complaints for serving ale at ale temperature. Work that one out. Could drink Fullers all day and there was always Tetleys if you needed to back off a bit.
I'll always grab a few Adnams for a treat, or some German/Dutch brews. I drink them real cold myself but wouldn't go sooking to the bar staff if it was served traditionally.

The weathers turned right on up here. Probably have to wear my white Maiden t-shirt tomorrow, had to last time. Haven't got many white metal shirts, besides Flick of the Switch, always wanted that Justice tour one when I was younger.

New Iotunn is not what i expected from them. Its super atmospheric and melodic. Still has some heavy moments/songs but not nearly what i thought it would be like. Iridescent Way is a beautiful piece of music. I get a Lake of Tears kinda vibe from a lot of it. Really good musicianship still. I really like it

Remove this Banner Ad

Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back