Other BigFooty Pokemon X and Y Tournament 2 - Teams Drawn

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
***Second BigFooty Pokemon X/Y Tournament***

Welcome to the second BigFooty Pokemon X and Y Tournament. This is not a standard tournament like the first - it is a random number generated team tournament. This will be explained later in the post.

Entries are now closed. The draw will be released sometime on Friday.

The draft order will be generated sometime before 5pm Thursday, with the Pokemon to be drawn immediately after. The tournament will begin on Saturday the 22nd of February.

Please attempt to read the whole post. I realise it's long, but I'd rather everybody know the rules. At the very least, read the 'Battle Rules' and 'What You Need To Do: A Step-By-Step Guide' sections.

Battle Rules
The rules that will be used are fairly basic with a few variations.
  • Fixed level 50 single battle.
  • Six Pokemon plus two reserves.
  • No Mega Pokemon.
  • No Ubers - complete list:
Blaziken
Darkrai
Deoxys
Deoxys-Attack
Dialga
Giratina
Giratina-Origin
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Kyurem-Black
Kyurem-White
Lugia
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-Sky
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zekrom
Soul Dew Latias
Soul Dew Latios
  • Item clause (no two Pokemon can hold the same item).
  • Evasion clause (no moves which directly increase evasiveness, eg. Double Team, Minimise; Lax Incense and BrightPowder hold items count, as do abilities such as Snow Cloak + Hail combinations).
  • Sleep clause (you are only permitted to put one opposition Pokemon to sleep at once; NB: if the opposition uses Rest, this does not count as the one).
  • OHKO clause (no moves that have the potential to kill an opponent in one move, eg. Guillotine, Sheer Cold).
Format
Depending on the number of participants, each person will be assigned to one of four (hopefully equal) groups), and you'll play each person in your group once. The tournament is still open to new competitors, so the pools may shift around a little, but given how the remainder of the tournament pans out, the pools can be uneven without any unfairness. The pools will be generated partially randomly, however, we will be using a seeding system based on the results of the last tournament. The top 8-12 players (based on the ladder) who are participating in this tournament will be given a seeding. Depending on final numbers, each pool will consist of 2-3 randomly allocated seeds - one from the top four, one from 5-8, and perhaps one from 9-12 if we get enough participants. This guarantees that those players that performed well in the first tournament will not face each other until at least the quarter finals.
There'll be a ladder per group, which uses overall wins primarily, followed by total fainted Pokemon. For example, say two individuals are locked at three wins, one loss. Player A had 12 Pokemon defeated throughout his four battles, while player B had 15. In this scenario, player A will be on top of player B on the ladder.
The top two in each group will move on to the quarter finals, while the rest are out of the tournament. The matchups in the quarters will be as follows:
Quarter A: #1 Group A vs. #2 Group D
Quarter B: #1 Group B vs. #2 Group C
Quarter C: #1 Group C vs. #2 Group B
Quarter D: #1 Group D vs. #2 Group A
In the event of a tie (both wins and fainted Pokemon) for either first or second place, the two tying individuals will be forced to face off in a tiebreaker battle.
Quarter-finals will be best of three battles.

The winners of the quarter-finals will progress to the semi-finals, while the losers are out of the tournament. The semi-final matchups will be as follows:
Semi A: Winner Quarter A vs. Winner Quarter C
Semi B: Winner Quarter B vs. Winner Quarter D
Semi-finals will be best of three battles. Semi-final winners progress to the grand final.

The grand final will be a best of five battles format.
Tl;dr: here's a pretty picture.
20ffdll.png

Fixture
Round 1: 12:01am Saturday 22nd February - 12:01am Wednesday 26th February
Pool A
The Speaker [1] vs. The Big Sauce [6] (6-3) - K6MG - WWWW - WWW5 - STSW
The Speaker [1] def. Gentlemen (6-3)
The Speaker [1] def. banana_jim (6-4)
The Speaker [1] def. Essee Cross (6-5) - 4QDW - WWWW - WWW5 - SSYJ
The Big Sauce [6] def. Gentlemen (6-1) - JGCG - WWWW - WWW5 - STSG
The Big Sauce [6] def. banana_jim (6-5) - 9ARW - WWWW - WWW5 - STSR
The Big Sauce [6] def. by Essee Cross (2-6) - A5FG - WWWW - WWW5 - STR6
Gentlemen def. by banana_jim (5-6) - K8BG - WWWW - WWW5 - RTVR
Gentlemen def. by Essee Cross (2-6)
banana_jim def. by Essee Cross (3-6)

Pool B
FlowersByIrene [2] def. giffler [8] (6-3) - MRWW - WWWW - WWW5 - ZZ4Y
FlowersByIrene [2] def. PAdman (6-1) - DEGW - WWWW - WWW5 - ZPH5
FlowersByIrene [2] vs. smiths (6-1) - ZA6W - WWWW - WWW5 - RGAJ
FlowersByIrene [2] def. Samster42 (6-5) - 69AG - WWWW - WWW5 - ZZKD
giffler [8] def. PAdman (6-0) - SHXW - WWWW - WWW5 - ZY6R
giffler [8] def. smiths (6-0) - Z89W - WWWW - WWW5 - RHPF
giffler [8] def. by Samster42 (5-6) - Q2JG - WWWW - WWW5 - ZHA3
PAdman def. by smiths (5-6) - 5JLG - WWWW - WWW5 - RGK3
PAdman def. by Samster42 (2-6) - YWTG - WWWW - WWW5 - ZHZ8
smiths def. by Samster42 (3-6) - 5YTW - WWWW - WWW5 - RJ4N

Pool C
THE411 [3] def. Unrivaled Mach [7] (6-5) - WZ2G - WWWW - WWW5 - RYYH
THE411 [3] def. heoc (6-0)
THE411 [3] def. Some Idiot (6-4) - C9GW - WWWW - WWW5 - QRRF
THE411 [3] def. Aliago (6-1) - MLHW - WWWW - WWW5 - QSRT
Unrivaled Mach [7] def. heoc (6-3)
Unrivaled Mach [7] def. by Some Idiot (5-6) - SBEW - WWWW - WWW5 - QJAS
Unrivaled Mach [7] def. Aliago (6-2)
heoc def. by Some Idiot (1-6) - Z2UG - WWWW - WWW5 - QJBL
heoc vs. Aliago
Some Idiot def. Aliago (6-0)

Pool D
Igloo [4] def TheFreshBanana [5] (6-1) - PXXW - WWWW - WWW5 - SEVT
Igloo [4] def. by Wowsk (5-6) - 89UW - WWWW - WWW5 - PBZX
Igloo [4] def Dirty Bird (6-0) - HCAW - WWWW - WWW5 - PRVZ
Igloo [4] def. BroughtonMid (6-4) - 5DXG - WWWW - WWW5 - ZC75
TheFreshBanana [5] def. by Wowsk (2-6) - EAHG - WWWW - WWW5 - SF73
TheFreshBanana [5] vs. Dirty Bird
TheFreshBanana [5] def. by BroughtonMid (0-6) - EZLG - WWWW - WWW5 - SMSR
Wowsk def. Dirty Bird (6-0) - KVTW - WWWW - WWW5 - PS7Y
Wowsk def. BroughtonMid (6-1) - 4JFG - WWWW - WWW5 - PBRQ
Dirty Bird def. by BroughtonMid (0-6)

How Your Team Will Be Selected - Step-by-Step
  1. All participants will be placed in a hat.
  2. The names will be drawn out of the hat in order to form the first round of the 'draft' order.
  3. From there, the draft will follow a serpentine pattern - ie. the draft order will reverse for the second round, then follow the drawn order for the third, etc.
  4. On each pick, a single random number will be generated.
  5. This number will be matched against the Pokedex, and the corresponding Pokemon will be selected for the participant whose pick it was.
  6. This Pokemon - and all Pokemon in its evolutionary chain - will no longer be able to be selected.
  7. This will continue for eight rounds.
  8. Following the draft's completion, you will be given two days to trade the selected Pokemon with other players, and use your wildcard if you wish to.

Tournament Rules and Other Notes
  • Following the draft, all teams will be placed in the OP.
  • It is the player's responsibility to notice any inconsistencies between the team list and the Pokemon they battle against.
  • In the two-day trading period, all trades and negotiations must be carried out in this thread. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
  • Each player will have a wildcard, which allows you to fully evolve one of your Pokemon. For example, if you get drawn Squirtle and choose to activate your wildcard, you are allowed to evolve it into Blastoise. This may only be used once per person, and must be used before the end of the trade period. If you wish to use it, please post that you are doing so in this thread.
  • There will be a 72-hour limit imposed on each round of battles. If one party has been online, but the other hasn't (and has not let anybody know of a delay), the non-present party will have forfeited that match. If both parties have been absent, points will not be given to either individual. If this is the case in a final, 'Lucky Losers' from the previous round will be drawn into that section.
  • It is recommended that you record everybody's Friend Codes prior to the tournament's start in order to speed things up. These will be placed in the 'Current Participants' section.
  • The quarter- and semi-finals are best of three battles and the grand final is best of five. All other matches are only one battle.
  • Discussion is totally fine and very much encouraged. Would be good to get a sense of how the battles went rather than just results.
  • After each battle, both parties will be asked to report two things on the thread:
    • The result (eg. Player X won, I lost).
    • The 'score' in terms of fainted Pokemon (eg. If you lost six Pokemon and beat three of your opponent's, your score would be 3-6). Always list the score with the amount of Pokemon you defeated first.
  • If anybody is suspected of deliberately disconnecting they will be immediately disqualified. Consult me if any arguments begin due to suspicious disconnecting.
  • I'm working on getting an award for the winner. Stay tuned.

Hacks
Entering hacks into this tournament is considered to be both against the spirit of the tournament, and against the rules. It is advised that no hacks are used at all out of respect to all of the participants who choose to train by hand.

I will make it abundantly clear though that it is easy to identify and eradicate illegal hacks. As somebody who has hacked many Pokemon in the past and has participated in several hack tournaments, I know what to look for and I know how to calculate realistic damage. If anything appears suspicious I will be checking, and if anybody is found to be violating these rules they will be disqualified immediately.

This is a friendly tournament intended to be enjoyable for all parties involved - there is very little fun involved in being swept by a Magikarp with 600 base attack (trust me, I know). The rules may seem overly strict but while hacks can be fun to battle with, they have their place in the metagame - and their place is not this tournament.
Current Participants
Igloo
FC: 4742 - 5721 - 0100
Team:
Shuckle
Shroomish --> Breloom
Swalot
Slowbro
Ninetales
Salamence
Pancham
Gliscor

The Big Sauce
FC: 2294 - 3813 - 0369
Team:
Bronzong
Mantine
Zubat --> Crobat
Luxray
Kingler
Ariados
Flygon
Aurorus

PAdman
FC: 2578 - 3237 - 2039
Team:
Mawile
Spiritomb
Ferrothorn
Elekid --> Electivire
Hariyama
Grumpig
Simisage
Greninja

THE411
FC: 4725 - 8849 - 7833
Team:
Crustle
Budew --> Roserade
Sharpedo
Jirachi
Electrode
Hydreigon
Granbull
Tangrowth

Wowsk
FC: 4339 - 3869 - 7509
Team:
Hippowdon
Lickilicky
Gengar
Camerupt
Flaafy
Magmortar
Minun
Riolu --> Lucario

FlowersByIrene
FC: 1005 - 9763 - 2628
Team:
Drapion
Mamoswine
Ditto
Arbok
Beheeyem
Zangoose
Milotic
Binacle --> Barbaracle

Dirty Bird
FC: 0748 - 2763 - 4363
Team:
Croagunk
Leavanny
Venusaur
Scrafty
Froslass
Forretress
Clefairy
Xatu

Some Idiot
FC: 3754 - 7589 - 0702
Team:
Mime Jr.
Arcanine
Snorlax
Eevee --> Jolteon
Garchomp
Mandibuzz
Metagross
Skitty

banana_jim
FC: 0576 - 4846 - 1970
Team:
Cranidos
Hypno
Cobalion
Porygon2
Celebi
Druddigon
Duskull --> Dusknoir
Noivern

smiths
FC: 3754 - 7639 - 0197
Team:
Azumarill
Uxie
Haxorus
Kangaskhan
Grovyle --> Sceptile
Darmanitan
Elektrike
Qwilfish

The Speaker
FC: 4613 - 7004 - 6172
Team:
Kingdra
Krookodile
Miltank
Charmeleon --> Charizard
Skuntank
Starmie
Ninjask
Dragonite

giffler
FC: 0705 - 2937 - 8751
Team:
Pawniard
Swellow
Seismitoad
Lapras
Monferno --> Infernape
Ledian
Sigilyph
Skarmory

Unrivaled Mach
FC: 2492 - 5565 - 9312
Team:
Quilava
Torterra
Mew
Aron --> Aggron
Scizor
Medicham
Lanturn
Aerodactyl

heoc
FC: 4785 - 5475 - 1553
Team:
Registeel
Houndoom
Walrein
Drilbur --> Excadrill
Conkeldurr
Wailmer
Hitmontop
Aegislash

TheFreshBanana
FC: 1177 - 7686 - 5652
Team:
Bellossom
Armaldo
Reuniclus
Altaria
Purugly
Pupitar --> Tyranitar
Probopass
Spritzee

Gentlemen
FC: 3153 - 3472 - 9094
Team:
Victreebel
Slaking
Litwick --> Chandelure
Tentacruel
Amoonguss
Magnezone
Pidgeot
Gardevoir

Essee Cross
FC: 0705 - 3902 - 1418
Team:
Claydol
Metapod --> Butterfree
Crawdaunt
Skrelp
Blissey
Staraptor
Scolipede
Trevenant

Aliago
FC: 1177 - 7755 - 9800
Team:
Meganium
Garbador
Litleo --> Pyroar
Malamar
Yanmega
Noctowl
Goodra
Sunkern

BroughtonMid
FC: 2938 - 7115 - 8876
Team:
Jumpluff
Nidoqueen
Sableye
Togetic
Drifblim
Magikarp --> Gyarados
Cloyster
Tropius

Samster42
FC: 0490 - 5801 - 8013
Team:
Poliwrath
Mismagius
Archeops
Omastar
Teddiursa --> Ursaring
Zoroark
Florges
Heliolisk

What You Need To Do: A Step-By-Step Guide
Pre-Tournament
  1. Express your interest in this thread by posting both your interest and your Friend Code.
  2. Add any FCs you do not have.
  3. Check the draw.
  4. Check the results of the draft.
  5. Participate in the trade period (optional).
  6. Train your Pokemon up.
During the Tournament
  1. Check who your opposition is.
  2. Decide which six Pokemon (out of your eight selected ones) you will use in battle.
  3. Battle your opponent within 72 hours of the round beginning, OR let us know if you need an extension.
  4. Report the results (and any concerns you have about the battle) in this thread.
I hope you enjoy the tournament. Feel free to PM me or post on here if you have any concerns or questions. :thumbsu:

Last edited:

One thing. Pokémon (such as legendries) which aren't available in this game.
If I get that pokemon, how can I get it up to X/Y?
Say one gets an Entei drawn. How does one use it in battle?
Because I don't have the capabilities to get anything from gen 4 to 5.
I might be able to do 3 to 4 (it is possible from Gameboy advance sp to 3ds right?) But I can't do gen 4 to 5.

ps. I am in, but I just had that concern.
Dirty Bird - 0748 - 2763 - 4363

Also, this is the few rules I want. (I haven't double checked the rules in the OP, so these might be what's there)
1) Only 6 drawn. I just think it could be more interesting. If someone gets drawn a Kakuna, Metapod, Magikarp, Zapdos, Dragonite, Charizard, Garchomp and Hawlucha. It allows that guy to cover up glaring weaknesses in the team (Kakuna/Metapod/Magikarp). It takes away one aspect of the stratergy. Force it to be 6 (ie. Those first 6) it forces those pokemon that would generally be rested, into battle. We could see a ****ing Magikarp sweep with it ffs! Surely people would love to see that in this competition (just not against themselves)
2) No selection eliminates other selections. ie. If someone gets 001; 002 and 003 are still available. I'd enjoy seeing some tactics if we see Bulbasaur vs Venasaur. The guy with Venasaur might go for Solar Beam 1st hit for the lols. But the guy with Bulbasaur might come out with Sleep Powder. Then use double edge. Seeing that put up online could be epic! Someone overconfident then bitchslapped around by a Bulbasaur.
3) Extension of 2, you must use what's selected. If you get drawn a Magikarp, you're using Magikarp, not Gyarados.

And another that I just thought of then which probably has never been brought up.
4) No TMs or HMs. Must use moves that are in that pokemons move set (or pre-evolutionary moveset) - No cheating and using a tm to teach a Bulbasaur something that Venasaur learns. (I don't even know if there is a move that Venasaur learns that Bulbasaur doesn't, but that was just an example)

I know all of that would get blown down by competitive battlers. But I just think 1-2 would make tactics so much more interesting. 3 is to avoid the same pokemon going head to head. 4 is just a left field one to shake things up a little.

If a pokemon is unobtainable we should as a group evaluate and decide whetger to re-draw that pokemon if a solution isnt found.

For example a pokemon could be lent to a player etc etc, but say it is something like an entei which may be hard to find, it may be decided to redraw.

But it has to be a discussed decision not a guarentee, otherwise people may just say pokemon that they dont want from older games are "unobtainable" to them

One thing. Pokémon (such as legendries) which aren't available in this game.
If I get that pokemon, how can I get it up to X/Y?
Say one gets an Entei drawn. How does one use it in battle?
Because I don't have the capabilities to get anything from gen 4 to 5.
I might be able to do 3 to 4 (it is possible from Gameboy advance sp to 3ds right?) But I can't do gen 4 to 5.
In this case you are to follow the following steps:
1) Attempt to trade that Pokemon with somebody else. A Pokemon like Entei would likely be a highly desirable Pokemon in this competition - you shouldn't have too much trouble.
2) Relegate this Pokemon to be one of your two 'substitutes'.

IF MORE THAN TWO 'UNOBTAINABLES:
1) Post on the board explaining why these Pokemon are unobtainable to you, and how you have attempted to rectify this (eg. have you tried the GTS?).
2) As a group we will work out whether to re-draft the Pokemon, lend the affected party the Pokemon, or tell the affected party to suck it up.

ps. I am in, but I just had that concern.
Dirty Bird - 0748 - 2763 - 4363

Also, this is the few rules I want. (I haven't double checked the rules in the OP, so these might be what's there)
1) Only 6 drawn. I just think it could be more interesting. If someone gets drawn a Kakuna, Metapod, Magikarp, Zapdos, Dragonite, Charizard, Garchomp and Hawlucha. It allows that guy to cover up glaring weaknesses in the team (Kakuna/Metapod/Magikarp). It takes away one aspect of the stratergy. Force it to be 6 (ie. Those first 6) it forces those pokemon that would generally be rested, into battle. We could see a ****ing Magikarp sweep with it ffs! Surely people would love to see that in this competition (just not against themselves)
Or more realistically we could see the Magikarp, Kakuna and Metapod all swept in every single battle, giving the person no chance. Subs give these sorts of teams some chance.

2) No selection eliminates other selections. ie. If someone gets 001; 002 and 003 are still available. I'd enjoy seeing some tactics if we see Bulbasaur vs Venasaur. The guy with Venasaur might go for Solar Beam 1st hit for the lols. But the guy with Bulbasaur might come out with Sleep Powder. Then use double edge. Seeing that put up online could be epic! Someone overconfident then bitchslapped around by a Bulbasaur.
The wildcard then means that two people could end up with the same Pokemon, which we want to avoid.

3) Extension of 2, you must use what's selected. If you get drawn a Magikarp, you're using Magikarp, not Gyarados.
Already in the rules.

And another that I just thought of then which probably has never been brought up.
4) No TMs or HMs. Must use moves that are in that pokemons move set (or pre-evolutionary moveset) - No cheating and using a tm to teach a Bulbasaur something that Venasaur learns. (I don't even know if there is a move that Venasaur learns that Bulbasaur doesn't, but that was just an example)
Too difficult to enforce, and puts certain Pokemon at a massive disadvantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think most pokemon can be obtained now via gts. It's only evenr stuff like Mew that could be difficult to obtain.
No legitimate Entei's
Look next tot he name.
If there's a blue pentagon, it's a legitimate pokemon, if it's not, it's a hack.
Every single Entei is a hack. And I'm not giving up a Celebi for the 2 asking for one.

No legitimate Entei's
Look next tot he name.
If there's a blue pentagon, it's a legitimate pokemon, if it's not, it's a hack.
Every single Entei is a hack. And I'm not giving up a Celebi for the 2 asking for one.
The blue pentagon means it was caught in Kalos. Look at any Pokemon you bring over through Pokebank, none have a blue pentagon. Since Entei can't be caught in Kalos, it's impossible to have a blue pentagon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Other BigFooty Pokemon X and Y Tournament 2 - Teams Drawn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back