Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Gonna have to make some subs I think especially with Arsenal's counter threat. Think Kulu and Bentancur have to come off fairly early for guys not on yellows if this is gonna continue
Hopefully Odobert comes on but that'd probably be for Johnson.

Having a goalkeeper who's scared at corners is a massive ankle weight holding spurs back

Add to the many other shortcomings this group has and it’s no wonder we aren’t making any inroads up the table

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add to the many other shortcomings this group has and it’s no wonder we aren’t making any inroads up the table

Weirdly still think the teams better than last year. Every little errors being punished atm and not being returned. They've pressed the ball back off arsenal high 3 or 4 times and hardly got a shot out of them.

Weirdly still think the teams better than last year. Every little errors being punished atm and not being returned. They've pressed the ball back off arsenal high 3 or 4 times and hardly got a shot out of them.

Finishing has always been a problem as far as I can remember.. outside Kane and Son, have been poor in this regard

So much money spent on wide players for so little quality
Brennan Johnson is barely a championship level player. Odobert is extremely raw. Kulu sucks out wide, Werner is only good on the counter, Son isn't a creator.

It's bleak until another transfer window or 2 happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see this ending well for Ange if the team cannot create or finish off chances

No point winning the midfield battle every week if you're not doing anything with the ball in the final third, it's way worse than what I remember under AVB atm.
Lol it's 4 games in an spurs dominated 3 of them. No need to overreact like crazy.
5th best defence in the league on xg. It's a process and a balance the team is still working through, a team with Johnson, Werner, Bentancur, Kulu, and a teenage Odobert aren't beating one of the best teams in Europe often.

Can't see this ending well for Ange if the team cannot create or finish off chances

No point winning the midfield battle every week if you're not doing anything with the ball in the final third, it's way worse than what I remember under AVB atm.
I like the way we've played, will give it about 8-10 games for it to balance out or accept that this is us

But when you break it down in simple terms, we can't score and we can't defend. That ain't gonna end well

As said above willing to give Ange and the project another month or two to correct things. But a couple of senior players that need serious calling out because it's not really nearly moments or young players who have shortcomings that might or might not improve.

Timo Werner - probably a lovely guy. And this criticism actually isn't aimed at him. But seriously what a waste of time. Says a lot about clubs ambitions the failed wingers they've loaned in. Sancho at Chelsea, Sterling at Liverpool and we have Timo Werner. End the loan in January. Would rather see Moore get his minutes.

Romero - cost us the Leicester goal. Cost us in the Newcastle game. And cost us here. Will get a red card in the next month most likely. Absolute liability and I'd be dropping him for Dragusin. Won't happen because ange loves his intent. But his intent saw him out of position and cost us 2 points at Leicester. And his intent goes missing at set pieces every second game. And to atone for it he'll get sent off soon enough.

Others like maddison, Kulu and Son haven't been amazing but they're what I'm saying are the nearly moments guys. It's just a little off but you can see in game how it could have been a good chance here, or a better finish there, which then changes the narrative. All the younger players we've got to accept we haven't bought the complete product so it happens. But Romero and Werner have been absolutely shit house

Bit of a vent incoming:

I'm really concerned for Ange now. We're only 4 games into a new season and the league has already established a formula to exploit our weaknesses. As far as I can tell, the players and manager have yet to make any adjustments to combat this. Everyone knew going into the game that Arsenal would allow us to have the ball, defend stoutly, and try to exploit us on set pieces. Lots of people say that we dominate games and we've been unlucky, but I don't buy that for one second. Dominating possession and having more shots is equivalent to winning the inside 50 count in the AFL. These stats are misleading as they tell you nothing about the quality of chance you're generating or the amount of pressure you're putting the opposition under. Our players lack conviction in attack: they aimlessly recycle the ball, take poor shots and there is no incisiveness/guile in our build up play. The defences we come up against look relatively untroubled by what we do.

Groundhog Day with Romero yet again. Every goal we have conceded this season has been his fault. Does Ange have the bottle to make a statement with him while he is fighting to keep his job? I sincerely doubt it, but sadly Romero will also get him sacked.

Long season ahead, buckle up everyone.

Bit of a vent incoming:

I'm really concerned for Ange now. We're only 4 games into a new season and the league has already established a formula to exploit our weaknesses. As far as I can tell, the players and manager have yet to make any adjustments to combat this. Everyone knew going into the game that Arsenal would allow us to have the ball, defend stoutly, and try to exploit us on set pieces. Lots of people say that we dominate games and we've been unlucky, but I don't buy that for one second. Dominating possession and having more shots is equivalent to winning the inside 50 count in the AFL. These stats are misleading as they tell you nothing about the quality of chance you're generating or the amount of pressure you're putting the opposition under. Our players lack conviction in attack: they aimlessly recycle the ball, take poor shots and there is no incisiveness/guile in our build up play. The defences we come up against look relatively untroubled by what we do.

Groundhog Day with Romero yet again. Every goal we have conceded this season has been his fault. Does Ange have the bottle to make a statement with him while he is fighting to keep his job? I sincerely doubt it, but sadly Romero will also get him sacked.

That's just not true though, dominated Everton, and we're pretty dominant for most of the games against Newcastle and Leicester. Yeah draw and a loss but also only really gave away 3 good chances and got punished for all of them while not doing the same back. Arsenal defended well, they've also conceded 3 away goals in 10 games so everyone struggles against them

That's just not true though, dominated Everton, and we're pretty dominant for most of the games against Newcastle and Leicester. Yeah draw and a loss but also only really gave away 3 good chances and got punished for all of them while not doing the same back. Arsenal defended well, they've also conceded 3 away goals in 10 games so everyone struggles against them
I don't think dominating Everton is something to hang our hats on.

Definitely acknowledge that Arsenal are well ahead of us and difficult to beat. I'm just worried by the pattern that we have seen in all 3 of the results that have gone against us and the seeming lack of urgency by the coaches/players to wrestle momentum back in our favour.

Bit of a vent incoming:

You're both right in different ways.

Dominating a game is a comment about the balance of the game. We dominated larger portions of games than all of Arsenal, Leicester and Newcastle. I see our games balance between 3 aspects.

1. Us dominating (20-40 mins a game)
2. Us in control (40-50 mins a game)
3. Opponents in control (10-20 mins a game)

We actually don't get dominated against

But angeball with this group, the above mix generates not a lot of quality chances in part 1. Nothing in part 2. And is exposed with easy chances for the opponents to score in part 3.

It's happened in each of the games, including everton. Thing that happened there was, Pickford gave us a goal in our dominant period

Romero has critisicised the club for getting players to organise their own travel back from international duty.

If he organised it like he organises his defence, I'm surprised he didn't miss his connecting flight
Anyone else feeling pretty indifferent about Romero at the moment?

Yeah alot. There's a fair argument that for the shaky start to the season spurs have had if dragusin had played instead of Romero and VDV was fit none of those goals may have been conceded.

I've been off him since the beginning. It's obvious to me that he thinks the club is below his level and uses it as a paycheck/method to keep himself fit between games for Argentina. He will most likely move on to Madrid this summer and I can't wait to see the back of him.

I've been off him since the beginning. It's obvious to me that he thinks the club is below his level and uses it as a paycheck/method to keep himself fit between games for Argentina. He will most likely move on to Madrid this summer and I can't wait to see the back of him.
I'm like that with both Johnson and Maddison. Maddison in particular - I didn't join the love fest early last year. Certainly enjoyed it, but never bought it.

Even if Romero is a beast for 85 mins, you know that other 5 minutes is an error or brain fade leading to trouble or a goal against. To be fair though, when "on" that 85 minutes is sublime... I've just been seeing it less and less for the last 12 months.

Whilst errors / poor efforts like the corner and goal can happen to the best, coming out and looking like a knob about whose private jet he gets or organizes looks pretty dumb.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back