Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty basic goals conceded and blunt in attack

As bad as Johnson can be, he was the only threat out wide today. Apart from long shots which were quality, we didn't look like scoring a goal today

Pretty basic goals conceded and blunt in attack

As bad as Johnson can be, he was the only threat out wide today. Apart from long shots which were quality, we didn't look like scoring a goal today
Johnson had a shot on his left he hit our of the stadium and there was a few balls whizzed across in dangerous areas no one gambled on. I think score aside the performance was not bad.

Johnson had a shot on his left he hit our of the stadium and there was a few balls whizzed across in dangerous areas no one gambled on. I think score aside the performance was not bad.
Johnson was our only creative threat and unfortunately most chances fell his way too.

Odobert was stiff with the deflected chance that fell his way. Worst possible height and was coming at a decent pace too.

Problem still is the fact we've got to rely on going away and needing to score 2-3 goals to win games of football.

I think score aside the performance was not bad.
Story of the season so far. Performances have been good, but I don't think we created enough clear-cut chances against Leicester and Newcastle. Sure, we had a clear statistical advantage, but it doesn't always lead to a result. I'm pretty disappointed that we couldn't at least find a way to hold on to a point when we got it to 1-1. We were left exposed by Romero's lack of discipline on both goals.

Story of the season so far. Performances have been good, but I don't think we created enough clear-cut chances against Leicester and Newcastle. Sure, we had a clear statistical advantage, but it doesn't always lead to a result. I'm pretty disappointed that we couldn't at least find a way to hold on to a point when we got it to 1-1. We were left exposed by Romero's lack of discipline on both goals.
Romero cost us massively at Leicester too

I feel like we're a bit insulated from any potential Ange Out sentiment, but I've seen a bit of it going around on the podcasts I listen to. Does anyone have any further insight on the feeling among the supporters about him? I hope they haven't started to turn on him after two poor results.

I feel like we're a bit insulated from any potential Ange Out sentiment, but I've seen a bit of it going around on the podcasts I listen to. Does anyone have any further insight on the feeling among the supporters about him? I hope they haven't started to turn on him after two poor results.
You're listening to insane people if you think ange out is even close to happening

Just your standard negative Spurs supporters farming social media engagement. Ridiculous notion to consider him gone.

Loving our direction with the quality of youngsters we have, need to note that in a few years these guys are going to be hitting peak ability with the age bracket that they are currently in.

You're listening to insane people if you think ange out is even close to happening
I'd suggest he's listening to any of the 'main' spurs podcasts. I've heard similar murmurings on TEI, VFTL and TTW. Whether or not the discussion is shut down or not, it's reflective of discussion people are obviously having.

Not that I think I, nor brad, are suggesting its close or has any real merit. As iDon said - just a small minority it seems, but of course vocal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spurs do look better defensively, have more control over the game and by XG have the 4th best defence in the league so far. Process looks fine. I think VDV probably recovers for that second goal but oh well. Still working on it
I agree with this. Even though we're unhappy with results, I'd suggest the way we are playing looks much more mature and considered compared to last season. We're still moving in the right direction.

Most of the discussion I've heard on podcasts is reasons why Ange needs to be backed by the club/supporters, which leads me to infer that there is some Ange Out sentiment brewing amongst the non-Aussie supporter base.

Most of the discussion I've heard on podcasts is reasons why Ange needs to be backed by the club/supporters, which leads me to infer that there is some Ange Out sentiment brewing amongst the non-Aussie supporter base.
Yeah there's a view we are too open and concede the same sorts of goals far too easily.

It's true.

But the ange out sentiment is that 45-55 year old English twit that turns red in 5 mins of contact with sunlight.

It will get louder and rightly imo, if we aren't top 6 at Xmas and have a bottom 6 goals conceded figure. But it's far too early to make judgements on the squad and ange.

He has goodwill and we've played well enough for it to be given 3 months for results to balance out with performances. If it doesn't and we aren't where we should be he's going to be called out

It will be interesting long term if we (as aussies) will have blinkers and support him longer than most if things turn south.

But the ange out sentiment is that 45-55 year old English twit that turns red in 5 mins of contact with sunlight.
🤣

Or 20 year olds who just demand success. I've always chuckled at the 'youth' who join the ENIC protests... you dont even know what you're protesting about kiddo!

It will be interesting long term if we (as aussies) will have blinkers and support him longer than most if things turn south.

🤣

Or 20 year olds who just demand success. I've always chuckled at the 'youth' who join the ENIC protests... you dont even know what you're protesting about kiddo!
It's 270 mins of football where we have been very good for about 150 of it, average for 100 and stupidly bad for 20

Whiteman is just irrelevant really as he counts as club trained so he is not taking anyone else's spot.

So they have named a third choice keeper instead of a third choice RB essentially.

Not that surprising.
Third choice? He's already come on at both RB and LB over other options like Davies. He's 2nd choice for both spots. Unless he has ****ed up again

We have Porro and Udogie. And maybe Davies who isn't really a capable LB or LCB in Ange system.

Essentially we are saying Archie Gray is our 4th choice CB, 2nd choice RB and 3rd choice DM.

Would have thought we'd learn from playing Davies and Emerson at CB for large parts of last season in a 41 game season.

There's no need for Whiteman, Austin and Forster to be named.

Vicario > Austin > Forster

Porro > Gray

Udogie > VDV > Davies

That would be the way Ange sees it IMO.

Forget about Whiteman. He is not taking a spot because he is club trained. He is just tacked on at the end because you don't have enough Tottenham trained players so you might as well throw him in instead of naming 22 instead of 23.

Ange has prioritised a 3rd choice keeper over a 3rd choice right back. That's all.

I don't know your b list players but there is probably some young player on that Ange trusts at RB more than Whiteman as a keeper in an emergency, hence has picked Forster instead of Spence.

As I said at start of season it is very hard to come back from being bombed out by Ange. Spence being sent home from his last couple of loans for lack of professionalism makes it hard to get rid of him which would be the only reason he would be near an Ange squad at all. Got to play him a bit for appearances until someone forgets and buys him.

Third choice? He's already come on at both RB and LB over other options like Davies. He's 2nd choice for both spots. Unless he has ****ed up again

We have Porro and Udogie. And maybe Davies who isn't really a capable LB or LCB in Ange system.

Essentially we are saying Archie Gray is our 4th choice CB, 2nd choice RB and 3rd choice DM.

Would have thought we'd learn from playing Davies and Emerson at CB for large parts of last season in a 41 game season.

There's no need for Whiteman, Austin and Forster to be named.
So what?

I can't understand the sense melting over a bloke playing 4 Europe league games

Vicario > Austin > Forster

Porro > Gray

Udogie > VDV > Davies

That would be the way Ange sees it IMO.

Forget about Whiteman. He is not taking a spot because he is club trained. He is just tacked on at the end because you don't have enough Tottenham trained players so you might as well throw him in instead of naming 22 instead of 23.

Ange has prioritised a 3rd choice keeper over a 3rd choice right back. That's all.

I don't know your b list players but there is probably some young player on that Ange trusts at RB more than Whiteman as a keeper in an emergency, hence has picked Forster instead of Spence.

As I said at start of season it is very hard to come back from being bombed out by Ange. Spence being sent home from his last couple of loans for lack of professionalism makes it hard to get rid of him which would be the only reason he would be near an Ange squad at all. Got to play him a bit for appearances until someone forgets and buys him.
He isn't 3rd choice though.

He's been 2nd choice at LB and RB in our opening 3 games.

As it stands now we have to rely on Davies who doesn't suit either role again.

All so we gave 4 registered GKs

We are one Udogie or VDV injury away from having Ange's main trophy change being gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back