Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

8 to 10 changes is what we've seen time and time again and we get the same results in cups
I don't disagree and haven't changed my opinion since this time last year. The XI in the pitch should - by far - be good enough.

I do prefer 5-6 changes as opposed to 8-10, but I can also quite easily go through this thread and quote everyone who was whinging about Mourinho and Conte when they wouldn't rotate at all.

I've not said he should be sacked or seen enough to think he will be, before today

Cups will be his saving grace this season

Our performance and selection should have got us knocked out. Into the next round with a massive amount luck, we take it. But luck has a way of balancing itself out. Keep the heavy rotation and making sweeping changes leads to rustiness. We've seen it far too many times under many managers. They have their 13 for the league and then bring in the B squad for the cup. Rather than have a proper blended squad we trust in all comps

I don't disagree and haven't changed my opinion since this time last year. The XI in the pitch should - by far - be good enough.

I do prefer 5-6 changes as opposed to 8-10, but I can also quite easily go through this thread and quote everyone who was whinging about Mourinho and Conte when they wouldn't rotate at all.
They rotated in the cups too and it cost us

We seem to have a fixation on it being 8-11 changes

We also have a fixation on some players being nailed on PL starters and not bringing them off the bench from occasion

We also have a fixation on some players being nailed on PL starters and not bringing them off the bench from occasion
More nonsense. Ange explained the changes on the post match and brought on Kulu Maddison and Son off the bench. Complete and utter nonsense again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even the normally kind Alisdair Gold gave him a 3 in his ratings
Did he spell all the player names right this time? I'm sure you're much to clever to really rate anything Alisdair "I'm a journalist" Gold has to say.

Last edited:

We're saying the same thing mate.

We both dont think 8-11 changes is wise.

I am referencing the back half of the season when the squad looks cooked but Conte etc seemed hellbent on playing the same XI not making those 1-4 changes we really needed.

shocked donald glover GIF

Sincerely grateful that I did not wake up for that
I had the alarm set until our former friend TheCryptkeeper reminded me the game wasnt on Optus or Kayo.

Thank **** for that too - cause I would have been so mad (at myself) for waking up to realise I couldnt watch it.

As it was I was woken up by our 3yo at about the 50 minute mark anyway!

Did he spell all the player names right this time? I'm sure you're much to clever to really rate anything Alisdair "I'm a journalist" Gold has to say.
Hahaha he is a fluff journo who isn't critical ever because he gets great access. For him to give out a 3 in a win says it all about Forster

Sincerely grateful that I did not wake up for that
I had the alarm set until our former friend TheCryptkeeper reminded me the game wasnt on Optus or Kayo.

Thank **** for that too - cause I would have been so mad (at myself) for waking up to realise I couldnt watch it.

As it was I was woken up by our 3yo at about the 50 minute mark anyway!
My annoyance stemmed from it being a beautiful 7am kickoff in nz and playing the dodgy stream roulette to watch that pile of shit first half.

Hopefully the lucky break sees a confidence boost and results to flow. Before today none of the performances were a major concern. Today was red flags and we win. Need a better balance between the two.

Few takes from the game from the non deadwood

Ange gotta get brave soon and get Bergvall into the PL starting XI. Kid has that dele aura about him that he will be ready as soon as he gets a chance.

Dragusin solid

Odobert injury looks like a bad one. Such a shame because we will rely on his profile so badly. He wasn't good in his limited time. But Werner, Son and Johnson are not going to help us when defences sit back.

Spence has great attacking instincts. Partially at fault for their goal, think more blame sits with Davies watching nobody. But probably gets no handover from Spence.

Gray at RB not impressed first up. He's going to get mins in many roles. But they got into his open right hand space a lot. But he is a unit and like Bergvall feel like he will be a player for us, might just take a while. And just needs to work through in what role.

Sarr was a mess.

Kulu was impressive. Bentancur just okay apart for that ball.

Solanke, I'm convinced he won't be it. Hope to be wrong. Today showed a little bit of what sort of ST we spent 65m on. His service was shit. Not his fault at all. But he isn't a ST that's going to say stuff this give me the ball I'll save us and whack one from outside the box. As we've seen in previous spells at top clubs, he doesn't have that in him to be the man. We hope it was a maturity thing and now he is ready. But I don't think his skill set actually allows it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back