• Goodes 21 votes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hodge, although not suprising definitely a farce. He should have had ~10-12 votes.

Not the biggest though. That would be Goodes. I had him on only 13 votes. Or Bartel (23 v 10)

I didn't have Cooney winning (had him on 22), I had Franklin winning on 25, from Bartel (23), Cooney, Black (21), and Ablett (21).

16 touches, 5 goals, winning team = no votes, meanwhile 13 touches, 3 goals, losing team gets a vote. I just don't understand it

Marc Murphy getting two votes in an 80 point loss to the Hawks. When a team loses by 13 goals there is no possible way that the second best player on the field is in that side.

see this is the logic i cannot for the life of me understand. and about 80% of posters on here subscribe to this bullsh1t theory. why can't a player get votes in a game wheer his side got smashed??:confused: it would make the effort all the more special. just because your team gets smashed, it doesn't mean there couldn't have been any player worthy of getting votes. murph had 36 disposals (at 81% efficiency), 13 contested possessions, 5 clearances and 3 assists. yet everyone sooks and moans when bartel doesn't get a vote for having 37 touches???:confused:

Does Demetriou really have to read out the votes like James Mathison announcing the latest eviction from the Australian Idol? Just read the votes please Andy.

i don't mind him reading out the votes like that it adds a bit of suspense to an otherwise boring spectacle. I think Cooney deserved it although it could have gone to black, ablett or Richardson and i think they would have deserved it too. The biggest shock was Goodes with 21 votes, what a joke. He had a pretty average year and was not that deserving of so many votes and as for Hodge he just missed votes due to such an even spread of good performances in the Hawthorn team.

see this is the logic i cannot for the life of me understand. and about 80% of posters on here subscribe to this bullsh1t theory. why can't a player get votes in a game wheer his side got smashed??:confused: it would make the effort all the more special. just because your team gets smashed, it doesn't mean there couldn't have been any player worthy of getting votes. murph had 36 disposals (at 81% efficiency), 13 contested possessions, 5 clearances and 3 assists. yet everyone sooks and moans when bartel doesn't get a vote for having 37 touches???:confused:

Good thinking. All the more admirable to do that well in a side that got thrashes.

On the other hand, in best player awards the judges often seem to try to squeeze in one player from the losing side. No need.

Cooney winning shouldn't be one of the options, he won it fair and square and had a ripper year. I'm not sure what the umps see in Goodes, he certainly had a below-par season but he must do something for the umps because they love him. Hodge mouths off, gets no votes.

Hodge definetely the biggest farce. I can't believe how much the umps love him, an obese, uncontested back pocket managing to poll 2 votes when Jason Blake hasn't got one for his entire career of a higher standard - mesmerizing. They were probably sympathy votes anyway though.

Demetriou was trying to build suspense in games where none of the top 10 or whatever, were playing. For example, when Richo missed those 2 games, he still had like a 3 minute pause..........what a tosser.

Yes, next Brownlow night let's hope Lord Demetriou is on his first class flight (apparently business class just isn't good enough for his majesty) to outer Mongolia, or wherever he's decided to organise the next junket to, to bring AFL to the world. Then maybe someone who can read, count and has a brain might read the votes out. (Not Kate Ceberano).

I couldn't believe that Simon Black nearly won another brownlow! I never expected him to beat Abblett, Bartel and Harvey, let alone coming 2nd!:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because in that game Murphy got 36 touches because he was allowed to roam free because the Hawks were winning by miles. Sure he got a bunch of the ball, but it had no effect on the game, and his direct opponent also got a bunch of the ball and actually helped his side win the game.

I don't have a problem with players on the losing side getting votes, but in an utter smashing like that there are at least three players on the winning side who have affected the result more. In the Hawks/Carlton match every single Hawthorn midfielder was better than Murphy.

Because in that game Murphy got 36 touches because he was allowed to roam free because the Hawks were winning by miles. Sure he got a bunch of the ball, but it had no effect on the game, and his direct opponent also got a bunch of the ball and actually helped his side win the game.

I don't have a problem with players on the losing side getting votes, but in an utter smashing like that there are at least three players on the winning side who have affected the result more. In the Hawks/Carlton match every single Hawthorn midfielder was better than Murphy.

This is the type of arrogance that has typified Hawks supporters this year that makes me wish like hell that Geelong give you guys the mother of all hidings.

Richo not getting votes in the last 2 games ;)
No but really Gotta be Goodes over rated and didnt deserve the second brownlow he got and definately didnt deserve the votes he got this year
yes he is a good player at times but not this year
Hodge done better the Goodes and got 2 votes for the year its a disgrace

why doesnt everyone sit down and actually watch goodes's games over the season besides the 2 votes against geelong which i thought was a disgrace, he had a really good season when he was playing, just because he got reported a few times doesnt take away how good of a player he is. Dont forget he only got 2 votes when he kicked 8 and single handedly won the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back