Wild Kangaroo

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Fitzroy, AS Roma, Italy, Melb Storm
Who here heard Billy Brainless, on SEN this morning 9/2, saying that the AFL should buy the Kangaroos, so we can surivve, then suggested that we go to the Gold Coast to survive. What a knob. Then a "Johnny from Epping rang in, and gave it to him, who is a passionate North man, saying, " what about Geelong, they were 6 - 7 million in debt not so long ago, and that they built a new Grandsatnd with Tax payers money, etc etc, absolutely gave it to Billy, " even in Johnny from Eppings' European ( Italian I think) accent, he made sense. And Rader Maher and the Fish Rots at the head Watson conceded that Billy was beaten.

This p1ssed me off, I felt like ringing in and giving it to Billy, and saying when did you guys last win a flag. Maybe we should relocate Geelong to the GC, and merge them with the Broadbeach Cats, they would make lovely team.

I know he's not the bightest person going around, but that was below the belt, pretty low, even from him.

Stick to the froffies, the stupid sexist comments and the Darl - did anyone hear the interview with Liz Ellis - it was an insult to one of the greatest sports people Australia has produced

He is the weakest link on Morning Glory - Radar has actually grown on me over the last couple of years

Stick to the froffies, the stupid sexist comments and the Darl - did anyone hear the interview with Liz Ellis - it was an insult to one of the greatest sports people Australia has produced

He is the weakest link on Morning Glory - Radar has actually grown on me over the last couple of years

Radar is alright, I thought he was a bit of an upstart at first, but he's quite good, the mediator, and is excellent on Before the Game

Radar is alright, I thought he was a bit of an upstart at first, but he's quite good, the mediator, and is excellent on Before the Game

He brings boyish and fan like enthusiasm to his commentary on the game which is refreshing next to the so called "Sports Journalists"

Don't be surprised if Bill I'm a d/head Brainless was merely parroting what he'd heard from someone a lot more powerful and a lot less dopey, like say for example, Edward McGuire, Garry Lyon or Costa or Cook from Geelong.

If the AFL ever takes us over completely (in contrast to imposing behind-the scenes influence on an independent board) I'm not following the club. Full stop, end of story.

Unfortunately, with our structure, the AFL could buy enough shares (at a profit) from someone or some group that is happy to cash out to, as they would spin it, save the club.

By the way, Johnny is very passionate and he said the words North Melbourne about 5 times in a couple of minutes. He calls Rex on 3AW to discuss North-related issues and Rex knows him as John the Quail Man. Go Johnny Go!!

Don't be surprised if Bill I'm a d/head Brainless was merely parroting what he'd heard from someone a lot more powerful and a lot less dopey, like say for example, Edward McGuire, Garry Lyon or Costa or Cook from Geelong.

If the AFL ever takes us over completely (in contrast to imposing behind-the scenes influence on an independent board) I'm not following the club. Full stop, end of story.

Unfortunately, with our structure, the AFL could buy enough shares (at a profit) from someone or some group that is happy to cash out to, as they would spin it, save the club.

By the way, Johnny is very passionate and he said the words North Melbourne about 5 times in a couple of minutes. He calls Rex on 3AW to discuss North-related issues and Rex knows him as John the Quail Man. Go Johnny Go!!

Tim Watson [knowing full well the MR froffie could not come up with an idea like that himself] asked him "did you think of that yourself or did you get that from someone in the know" - to which he said "A bit of both"

Meaning - Eddie raised the idea with him

Lot less Dopey - Garry Lyon... He aint the brightest spark either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He would still get a game in ur team's best 22 ...
You know I've got that last game in Canberra still in my mind. You guys didn't look very 'premiership favourites' that day.

I don't see why this has to be about Cat fans defending Billy, especially when it makes it sound like you gusy would actually want to see another proud club forced to leave the state.

It is called the 'AUSTRALIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE' now. Not the 'VICTORIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE'. There is no room in todays competition for this many Victorian clubs. If Geelong hadn't turned its fortunes around then we would be looking at relocation/folding also. Fortunately for us though, we got the Cook/Costa combination. Not meaning to be rude either, but the Kangaroo would be the most marketable embelem to the Japanese in SE QLD. If you're lucky, you might even be able to keep your 'North' tag, after moving further north.

It is called the 'AUSTRALIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE' now. Not the 'VICTORIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE'. There is no room in todays competition for this many Victorian clubs. If Geelong hadn't turned its fortunes around then we would be looking at relocation/folding also. Fortunately for us though, we got the Cook/Costa combination. Not meaning to be rude either, but the Kangaroo would be the most marketable embelem to the Japanese in SE QLD. If you're lucky, you might even be able to keep your 'North' tag, after moving further north.
You're a genius.

See if this truth hurts, goose. 1963! Oh yeah and how about 1989, 1994, 1995?

Any other years spring to mind before you sign off from this board?

Wouldn't pay much attention to Billy.

He's all about his "sources" these days.

Yep the F-F has got to ease up on his BBQ or Tomato on those meat pies.

It's a cholesterol killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back