Billy Hartung

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawks would probably accept anything that gets us a reasonable pick upgrade on any of our first three picks. (32, 42 and 60)

Failing that or a ludicrous, unexpectedly high offer (looking at you North Melbourne!) we’ll probably just end up giving him another year.

Would have thought a slow team like the Swans may be interested. Then again I dont think they are missing Jetta.

Mitchell on the other hand...
Wouldn't be a stupid move to pick him up.
Wouldn't think he'd hold much currency and wouldn't demand alot of money.
Mitchell we do miss but clearly didn't help uou guys.

Wouldn't be a stupid move to pick him up.
Wouldn't think he'd hold much currency and wouldn't demand alot of money.
Mitchell we do miss but clearly didn't help uou guys.

We would have lost games by 20 goals in the first 2 months.

Billy would be a good pickup with a 3rd round and wouldnt break the bank.

Bet he shits the bed less than Rohan too.

We would have lost games by 20 goals in the first 2 months.

Billy would be a good pickup with a 3rd round and wouldnt break the bank.

Bet he shits the bed less than Rohan too.
Sam Mitchell shit the bed for years, i'm sure Gaz can do the same.

Does anyone know what clubs have put forward offers to hartung?
Wce have definitely been more than just interested, the Swans were in the mix a couple of weeks back, has travelled to Q state for a short trip but unsure whether it's Lions or Sun's plus there seems to be interest from a couple of Vic clubs as well, but, the word is he wants to remain in Vic so it's going to be interesting for the next four days.
Hawks want mid to late second but wce originally were suggesting early third. That's as much as I know.

Does anyone know what clubs have put forward offers to hartung?
West Coast, Carlton, Brisbane, North and Pies have all kicked the tyres from memory. He would need to be convinced to leave Melbourne, which is why West Coast are supposedly offering 4 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth around pick 15-20, hard to find a ready made player with speed capable of breaking a game open, new club, kick up the butt, could be the difference to a side in premiership contention....

Worth around pick 15-20, hard to find a ready made player with speed capable of breaking a game open, new club, kick up the butt, could be the difference to a side in premiership contention....
I hope you are list manager somewhere. No way we are getting a pick inside the top 20

West Coast, Carlton, Brisbane, North and Pies have all kicked the tyres from memory. He would need to be convinced to leave Melbourne, which is why West Coast are supposedly offering 4 years.

West Coast have lost the plot if that’s the case.

In Billy's defence, I have seen seen him making a concerted effort to take the game on more..... no doubt on instruction from the coaching staff.
Sometimes this has come off, and sometimes not. But rest assured the coaches will be encouraging him to keep taking the game on hoping to see improvement in his decision making when to take the game on and when to hold the pill. And I think we did start to see some signs at different stages.
I would prefer to see him stay at Hawthorn for another year to see how this progresses. He is worth more to Hawthorn than a pick in the 50's.

Hartung just needs to learn to get the ball off the opposition a lot more, he is purely playing on the instinct of getting the ball as a receiver, that's one knock, the second knock on him is that he needs to be more deadly forward of centre, which comes down to decision making, fix those and you've got yourself a handy runner for the next 7-8 years.

No that would be a player like Isaac Smith who would ideal for a team like Melbourne who are on the verge of contending for a Premiership.

Hartung unfortunately doesn’t have high trade value. At best he’s worth a pick around 35-40.

Supposedly now? Wow, last week you told me it was a certainty.

Facts are Eagles have offered Hartung zero years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back