Billy Hartung

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’d be happy to give him a go. Looked really promising his first couple of year and whilst he’s been a bit down I didn’t think he was at all that bad.

Makes me wonder whether there is something about his character that the coaches don’t like.

I’d be happy to give him a go. Looked really promising his first couple of year and whilst he’s been a bit down I didn’t think he was at all that bad.

Makes me wonder whether there is something about his character that the coaches don’t like.

He hurt his shoulder in his first few games and has shirked the contest ever since.

Doesn't take the game on enough, this wasn't helped by Hawks playing extras down back and less targets in the forward 50. He would often run in circles and then chip the ball around.

I suspect he has a contract offer to be taken in the PSD. Would go ok at Saints, Demons or North.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Run run run run turnover seems to work pretty well for Scully and a lot of the Giants really. They should just double down on their strength and add Hartung and run teams off their feet.
How can you still be salty over his move?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to be a strange call by the Hawks, sure he seemed to be a bit down this season but he wasn't on his own there and his speed was surely an asset. This year Clarko seemed to play players in different roles than they were previously but maybe that was more perceptive than reality.

Sam Gibson had a fair bit of size on Hartung. I wouldn't think either would get a game if there were half as many teams in the AFL.

These sorts of grinding runners need to hit the scoreboard a bit to take their game up, most non-AFL players are the sub six foot, slow, ball burners who can run all day.

Classic case of a player thinking he’s worth more than what he actually is. If West Coasts offer was factual he probably thought he could inflate his deal at Hawthorn or at the very least pick up a 3 year deal at another Melbourne club.

Hawthorn have made it pretty clear what they think of him.

Genuinely surprised we’ve delisted him. He played in the seniors most games over the past 3 seasons (20, 18, 18 games over 2015-17).

With Smith and Henderson both 29 next season and having lost Hill last year it’s a bit of an odd move. Hopefully it means the club is confident O’Meara is going to be fine to play on a wing in the coming years or something.

Hopefully we’re not relying on Willsmore or O’Rourke to click.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back