Black Diamond AFL - 2010 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
COME TO THE CALOUNDRA PANTHERS ON THE SUNSHINE COAST!! - POSITIONS VACANT (PREMIERS 2010)

Local, QLD or Interstate Players!! - Move to sunny Coast!!! Jobs, housing assistance available! - for more information please private message me.

Are you interested in talented umpires?
I will work for the highest bidder.

Tardus and River having a chat is the major news in bdafl.

Woy Woy Swans back in senior football. Club held registration and training last week and again this Thursday.

Woy Woy Swans back in senior football. Club held registration and training last week and again this Thursday.

Good news if true, but how is this going to happen? Are they going to enter the BDAFL or another league? (i.e. AFL Sydney)

Have the BDAFL spoken with the club, as there has been nothing made public on the BDAFL website?

I wish the Swans the best, but it appears to have come from the blue somewhat :confused:

Its good to hear that they may be back as it will only eventually make the Comp stronger. BUt after recent turbulent times at the Swans when they were perennial easybeats and wooden spooners should they start straight back into the top grade.

Really will the committment be there continually when they are getting pumped by over 100 a game?? I think not.

Is this just rumour?And do the bdafl know anything about it, last I heard they were knocked back for fear of affecting Gosford!
They won the 16's comp in '10' so I thought they should of got a go at 18's.
The draw is completed so maybe they will try and field a team in sydney div 4 which I think may have a bye, then return to our league.

Then again it could just be rumour!

All the clubs have now appointed their coaches for 2011, will be interesting to see the in and outs at clubs.
The most challenging gig has got to be at Singleton, taking the massive step to 1st grade, their coach has been around a long time and helped form Lake Mac so hopefully experience will help them where others have failed!!

You'd want to hope they haven't appointed the same Neale Denniss that "helped" form the Crows :eek:

Edit: It is. Oh Dear

You'd want to hope they haven't appointed the same Neale Denniss that "helped" form the Crows :eek:

Edit: It is. Oh Dear

I only played the 1 year at the Crows, what did neale do, or not do?
JJ is still there after all this time as are most of the other ppl that were involved in their creation.I just assumed he had moved on/out of the area?

There are good numbers at Woy Woy and will play in the black diamond league. I think the fixture is being re-done.

I am one of the biggest supporters of expanding our comp (more teams,grades,and clubs) etc so I hope the Swans do return, are you involved there? player or coach etc, I just find it hard to believe that with the draw done and our season over that the bdafl have not mentioned it as news, unless of course they are making sure all is in place before announcing!!

Anyway if true best of luck to the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only played the 1 year at the Crows, what did neale do, or not do?
JJ is still there after all this time as are most of the other ppl that were involved in their creation.I just assumed he had moved on/out of the area?

All i'll say is I think you'll find that the clubs he has been involved in don't exactly hold him in high regard (2 of them no longer play in the BDAFL)

Now that just About all clubs are into pre-season any predictions??I think kv will slide abit further down the ladder this year and gossy to be wooden spoon..singleton will surprise a few people and may be a chance for finals, asking as they don't fall into the same trap as lake macquarie did when they made the jump to 1sts.. And possibly Cardiff won't make the grand final this could be the year when age finally catches up with most of them.. I got a feeling warners may be a chance to take it out this year, nelsons for 2nds and kv for 18's mayb 3rd time lucky

If anyone is moving to ACT, Murrumbidgee Juggernauts are looking for coaches and players for 2011. Any referrals appreciated.

hey man yeah id be pretty intrested, but depnds on what type of $$$ youd be willling to offerr for the services of a outside running midfileder (can blay inn under midfeild as well but more affective of the halfback these days).

would prob thinkabout relocating on part time basis as have a busness interests in canberra and also pretty disatisfactured with my fotty cause while its all good to have won a couple of B Fs in last few seasons its not a premership medalion.

PM me if you wanna cacth up for coffee when im in town next to dicsuss options.

cherrs.

I guess we should really revisit these predictions in August 2011 and see how accurate they really are, even now there will be a few clubs that are going to be disappointed that they have potentially missed out on a predicted finals berth.

Bailey and Larkin won't be laying down their gloves as yet to watch Cardiff fade away and I reckon City will be there abouts.

Anyway mate let' see how you go come finals time.

Yes keep an eye on warners bay. Fit young side with improving discipline and a great coach. They should figure come finals time and should be a force to be reckoned with a few seasons to come.

City should be there again. Not known for starting the season well though.

Cardiff, a solid side. Some new fresh ideas perhaps and some older legs moving on. May lack the required experience in the big matches.

The others.
Terrigal should play finals. KV is anybodies guess. Singleton should win most of their home matches especially with the lower coast teams having to travel to the shithole that is singleton for a game of footy. The other sides will have to show us what they've done in the preseason.

2nds, depends on depth. Cardiff always a show. Nelson Bay dont have a lot of excuses not to be there on grand final day but it's a possibility.

hey man yeah id be pretty intrested, but depnds on what type of $$$ youd be willling to offerr for the services of a outside running midfileder (can blay inn under midfeild as well but more affective of the halfback these days).

would prob thinkabout relocating on part time basis as have a busness interests in canberra and also pretty disatisfactured with my fotty cause while its all good to have won a couple of B Fs in last few seasons its not a premership medalion.

cherrs.

You wouldnt be an english teacher per chance?? Perhaps teaching at Irrawang High School, or Hunter Sports High?? Such impeccable grammar, to the untrained eye you would come across as a total deadshit...but I'm sure it's some higher form of communication being taught to generation whinge.

Hopefully the comp will be closer than previous seasons, bdafl site says Deitzy stepped down as the Bay coach, so will have to see if that harms there chances, biggest news I think tho is the Crows are no more!!

We now have The Lake Macquarie Dockers!!!

I dont know how much these allignments help a club, but can omly be good for the coaches getting some help from more experienced ppl and if its the same as Balmain they get to send there 18's over WA for training and a match.

If nothing else it shows they are trying to bridge the gap and it may lure some juniors to stay or even join them!!

Hopefully the comp will be closer than previous seasons, bdafl site says Deitzy stepped down as the Bay coach, so will have to see if that harms there chances, biggest news I think tho is the Crows are no more!!

I dont know how much these allignments help a club, but can omly be good for the coaches getting some help from more experienced ppl and if its the same as Balmain they get to send there 18's over WA for training and a match.

If nothing else it shows they are trying to bridge the gap and it may lure some juniors to stay or even join them!!

Front page of the Newcastle Star last week:
http://www.newcastlestar.com.au/news/local/news/general/lake-macquarie-afl-set-to-score/2044359.aspx

cherrs.

mate you will not get a cent to play at murrumbidgee, they are a good social club but unless you can play a lot better than you can spell you wont get any money anywhere in canberra. the bdfl is pathetic compared to afl canberra.

Hasn't done the Balmain 18's much good, they've pulled out of the comp halfway through the past two seasons due to lack of numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back