Black Diamond AFL Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elliott - Davey Medal Predictions???

Angus Darling - Terrigal Avoca

OR

Liam Gibson - Cardiff

Anyone elses thoughts would be great to get some real footy discussion.

I would think past winner Luke Rawnsley is a chance to poll a number of votes again.

I agree. I also noticed the last few times I watched Newcastle that he played a Centre Half Back / Loose man in defence role. Would that detract from the umpire's attention???

Interesting observation. I wonder whether the introduction of the 3 Umpire system now sees the votes in B&F counts spread away from the traditional midfielders that often dominated medals previously?

Does anyone know whats happened to K/Vale? Beaten by Gosford and Wyong in successive weeks is cause for concern one would think. To think they've gone from a premiership to this in 2 years, What are they a modern day West Newcastle?

quote]

Yeh i could tell you why they lost to Gosford. They have a lot of injuries and nothing solid in the lower grades to come up and make an impression in senior Level and the tigers had a real crack and made things go there way. I can't explain why they lost to Wyong just looks like they had a bad day or Wyong finally had a crack.
The standard of footy in the league is weak and with 3, maybe 4, teams only playing at a good level the other sides are never going to match it for 4 quarters with no depth and no formula.

Kilarney Vale were not meant to win that premiership in 2007, they had 1 player, who was by far the best player to ever set foot in a game in our this league, who carried them through all of it and without him they were no chance of being real premiership contenders. Jackson brought an Xfactor to the a club that had potential in 2007 and Steve Cutler, who is a smart footballer and coach had them playing with belief that they could win.

IT SEEMS THAT KV HAVE GONE BACKWARDS WITH THERE NOT ONLY LAST WE LOSES STARTING WITH WB AND ENDING WITH WHAT IVE BEEN TOLD 2 UNDER 16 PLAYERS BY SO MUCH BUT THE ONLY 2 POINTS SCORED BY LAKE MAQ WAS UNEXSPECTED I FEEL AS IT SEEMS THEY HAVE LOST ALL FOWARD MOVEMENT MADE BY THEM AT THE START OF THE YEAR

IT SEEMS THAT KV HAVE GONE BACKWARDS WITH THERE NOT ONLY LAST WE LOSES STARTING WITH WB AND ENDING WITH WHAT IVE BEEN TOLD 2 UNDER 16 PLAYERS BY SO MUCH BUT THE ONLY 2 POINTS SCORED BY LAKE MAQ WAS UNEXSPECTED I FEEL AS IT SEEMS THEY HAVE LOST ALL FOWARD MOVEMENT MADE BY THEM AT THE START OF THE YEAR

eggs actly

Has anyone noticed, I looked at the umpire appointments on the BDAFL web site for this weekend. I have noticed that 2 umpires are doing 2 games. They are doing the Terrigal v Gosford game in the afternoon and then the Lake Mac v Wyong game that night.

What gives? Are we that short on umpires that this has to be done? If they had not "doubled up" would this have meant that a 1st grade game would have had to umpired by club umpires?

Not a good situation

I have posted some images of rounds 16 and 18 on my website http://www.dsfphotography.com.au/2009_BDAFL.htm

Also, check out the action from the Barkly AFL (Tennant Creek) at http://www.dsfphotography.com.au/Barkly_AFL-2009/index.html

I was up there for the last two weeks and caught a couple of games. My impression was that they could kick and run as well as most teams down here, but the marking and tackling was not of the same standard. Difficult to judge overall really, as both the games pitted the top 2 teams against a couple of the cellar dwellars.

Any match reports from over the weekend ?

What happened to city, did they have players out or did KV just stick it to them ?

The reports i got were that KV started with 17 players and had a few golden oldies throw the boots on after the game started to boost numbers. The KV side was pretty poor given the outs, but the guys that did play apparently had a red hot dip.

Also told that Mitch Knight and Luke Rawnsley were two who were out for City

Well Done To Pete Van Dam, Sam Brassington, and Matthew White for winning the respective goalkicking awards.

From what I heard, the way Terrigal were kicking it to Peter and Maurice Goolagong, it was said they had their own little book going!

By the way Gosford played, it seemed like they had a bit in it as well!!!

hey bdafl notice how nonone writes on hear ever sinse you started tp write?
yeah well next time batting off to yourself abuot yo9ur new found glory of all thiongs black dimond afl think to yourself this
"will my opinins present a relevent discussion? or am i simply whollowing in my own self importance by the fact that ibe set my user name as the same name as the league. then evryone will have a general intrest in what i say"

weel im telling you buddy nonoe is listen and gives a crap and my you should just leave the foioty to the bigboys ok.

cheers

hey bdafl notice how nonone writes on hear ever sinse you started tp write?
yeah well next time batting off to yourself abuot yo9ur new found glory of all thiongs black dimond afl think to yourself this
"will my opinins present a relevent discussion? or am i simply whollowing in my own self importance by the fact that ibe set my user name as the same name as the league. then evryone will have a general intrest in what i say"

weel im telling you buddy nonoe is listen and gives a crap and my you should just leave the foioty to the bigboys ok.

cheers
Gee I have missed you Pete where have you been, your brutal assessment of all the pretenders that write on this forum has been sadly missed.

What about a few lines on your recent adventures they always amaze me, keep up the good work Pete.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any match reports from over the weekend ?

What happened to city, did they have players out or did KV just stick it to them ?
Re KV does any one know how the Gary Harding case at the tribunal got dismissed??

Doesn't seem to be any others dismissed this year or maybe it was just a case of the BDAFL not getting their act together.....

Harding, Garry Killarney Vale 25/07/09 19.2.2 (g) (i) - kicking another person 12/08/09 6:30 PM BDAFL Office Case Dismissed 0 match
Harding, Garry Killarney Vale 25/07/09 19.2.2 (g) (ii) - striking another person 12/08/09 6:30 PM BDAFL Office Case Dismissed 0 match

I heard Cardiff reserves lost 4 points for playing an unregistered player and then got the 4 points back on appeal. Does anyone know what happened and what the rules are?

peter, listen very carefully i am going to put this in a language even your pea-sized brain can understand.

I DON'T GIVE A F*CK!

Have you been overseas again? Or did you forget to pay your internet bill for the last couple of months because your absence has been noticeable.

(cough bullsh*t!!)

Back to the footy:

Winners this week:

City to beat Warners Bay (Firsts)
Warners Bay to beat City (Reserves)
City to beat Killarney Vale (Under 18s)

Now bingo peter), if you have anything worth contributing, you might like to reply to this with something other than dribble, otherwise do me and the rest of the footy followers a favour and go away for a while. Maybe take another "vacation" on one of your "yachts".

hahahahah, your so tough. no one actually comes on to thyis site to go

"hmmm i wonder whats the locel douche bags are tippiong for this weekwend. cause im goingd to pop down to the TAb and pop a lazy 50 onm Warmers BAy to win 1-39." ABSOLUTELY NO ONE MATE\

you can have a go at me alll you like but the simpel fact is ive been concentrating on my footy at th e moment (which has been good, because without wanting to sound to fulll of myslef Im totaly carving up the 1st div).

But sinse your interested im am taking a well eanrd break at the end of the season, but some off us have finals to plan for.

you just lkeep commentating to yourself and think that people are listning.

I heard Cardiff reserves lost 4 points for playing an unregistered player and then got the 4 points back on appeal. Does anyone know what happened and what the rules are?

I know it was against Singleton but dont know if they got them back?
I think Cardiff think they do cos their web still says they playing in the finals!!!
Hope someone lets City and Warners know its a triple threat match lol
They did appeal a few years back which resulted in a tue night game before the grand!

I heard the BDAFL in its infinite wisdom will be charging $10 to eneter the ground to watch the minor semi final at Adelaide Street tomorrow!
What a great promo for local Aussie rules.
"Hey kids why don't we go watch the local Aussie Rules finals and see what all the fuss is about, no wait a minute its gonna cost $50 plus lunch at the canteen to go along,"
"Why don't we just stay at home and watch the professionals do it on TV."

That rant was simply to say - $10 is tooo much to pay.

I know the league don't control who plays on the day but with two Newcastle teams at a central coast ground and prohibitive pricing it could be a ghost town!

Just have to say that Cardiff are a dead set cert to win the Grand final this year. They easily carry on the best of all teams when they score a goal...........just go along and watch the finger twirling and pointing after they score...........its a terrific spectacle to watch and will be well worth the $10 entry fee to the finals.

Go the Cheese and Beetroots, I say.

yesterday's senior game didn't live up to the fireworks some people around the league predicted. Warners Bay were totally outclassed by a Newcastle City outfit that have primed themselves for the finals series.
It's fair to say Warners Bay went out with little more than a yelp.

Yes, warners Bay was very disappointing in the semi final.........it was probably a case of the team that was the fittest and most committed deserving a good win. City's lower grades lost both matches so they will be that much stronger in the Prelim without having to even out the ranks.

One thing with City is that they are tactically very good at this time of the year and they have to be very confident given their semi final form and the fact the remaining opposition (Cardiff and Terrigal) are both very beatable this year.

It was a pity that yesterdays matches were poorly supported by the local football community. The fact that there was only one Central Coast side playing all day (KV in the 18's) coupled with the $10 entry fee meant the crowd was poor and the atmosphere for the main game was bland to say the least.

Dietz never came close to winning a league best and farest when he was playing a full season, whats makes you think he has a chance with only half a season this yeah. Tad is a better player and has more chance

What does everyone think of the final three in the BDAFl - the most deserving three sides and I think for the first time the closest three.
I know Cardiff disposed of Terrigal fairly easily in the later rounds but I think any of the three can beat any other on their day.
I still rate Cardiff as favourites but as City showed last year finals are a different ball game and anything can happen.
Trully excited about some great footy in the coming three weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back