Black Diamond AFL Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, warners Bay was very disappointing in the semi final.........it was probably a case of the team that was the fittest and most committed deserving a good win. City's lower grades lost both matches so they will be that much stronger in the Prelim without having to even out the ranks.

One thing with City is that they are tactically very good at this time of the year and they have to be very confident given their semi final form and the fact the remaining opposition (Cardiff and Terrigal) are both very beatable this year.

It was a pity that yesterdays matches were poorly supported by the local football community. The fact that there was only one Central Coast side playing all day (KV in the 18's) coupled with the $10 entry fee meant the crowd was poor and the atmosphere for the main game was bland to say the least.

KV tactically shut them down in 07 by a very good coach, most people gave them no chance of getting close to city but cutler had them primed and a better game plan. I still think this week will give us a better indication the three best sides are left in my opinion.

Dietz never came close to winning a league best and farest when he was playing a full season, whats makes you think he has a chance with only half a season this yeah. Tad is a better player and has more chance

Brad will go close to winning our best and fairest. Tadds had an average year, hasnt been as good or as fit as in the past. Kyall is better than both of them but. Van Dam will win the medal I think.

Brad will go close to winning our best and fairest. Tadds had an average year, hasnt been as good or as fit as in the past. Kyall is better than both of them but. Van Dam will win the medal I think.

Yeah id say pete will go close, and i think Josh Nesbitt might be a smokey aswell, he has had a great year and always uses the footy well and kicks goals, id say he will poll very well.

What about Paddle Pete?
He'd be a shoe in? I've never seen anyone paddle a ball as good as he!!!

Congratulations to Bisho and Gus- Terrigal have a couple of guns and deserving winners there-
What about the big award- who won website of the year?

Tips-
Cardiff- 7 points
Singleton- 33 points
Cardiff- 21 points

my tips 4 this week are :
1sts Terrigal by 12 -understrength last game aginst the hawks from all reports i here

Reserves singleton by 26: -far better team than nelsons too much firepower to contend with.

U18s terrigal by 21 -has the wood of recent over cardiff

anyone agree? disagree?

feel a little bit sorry for the under 18's player from cardiff who got yellow carded for pushing a umpire and im pretty sure he will now miss the grand final...ahh well shouldn't have touched the umpire especially when it was your kick...idiot

feel a little bit sorry for the under 18's player from cardiff who got yellow carded for pushing a umpire and im pretty sure he will now miss the grand final...ahh well shouldn't have touched the umpire especially when it was your kick...idiot

yeah a very stupid thing to do especially when your teams on the ropes .its amazing to see how momentum can change so rapidly in a game of footy.a highly entertaining game from what i hear.

ressies no suprise there singleton to strong to much fire power should be playing in 1st grade

1sts well what do i say terrigal have gone missing latly they will need to conjur up some really good form if they are to have a chance of a GF but also knock off newcastle city to get there (i dont think i see it happening). should be a very interesting contest.

well especially when the umpire is 15 years old and there aren't many left around you would think the league would get tough on something like that. no matter how bad some of our umpires are you just don't touch em. let them do their job and players play the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well especially when the umpire is 15 years old and there aren't many left around you would think the league would get tough on something like that. no matter how bad some of our umpires are you just don't touch em. let them do their job and players play the game.

and when all the umpy was doin was putting the terrigal player on the mark..in a way i hope cardiff win the 18's GF jus so he doesnt get a medal

my tip for the 18's is KV i reckon they have good players all over the ground

singleton to win ressies easily, brazo is simply a class above and looks like he only jogs half the time, but i dont think singo would do any good in firsts give them one more year

cardiff were very impressive on sat even though they were missing a few players too..city are building perfectly and beat terrigal fairly easy last time around...still think cardiff will win the comp

Terrigal have choked they won't win this week.
They will go out in straight sets, pretty disappointing considering they were good during the year and put it to Cardiff and City. They've lost there mojo.

Such is life your statement about Cardiff winning the U18's made no sense. The coach would give him a medal cos he was apart of the team all year.

Hope Warners Bay win ressies again those boys know how to celebrate a GF win and also are very funny on Grand final day.

Terrigal have choked they won't win this week.
They will go out in straight sets, pretty disappointing considering they were good during the year and put it to Cardiff and City. They've lost there mojo.

Such is life your statement about Cardiff winning the U18's made no sense. The coach would give him a medal cos he was apart of the team all year.

Hope Warners Bay win ressies again those boys know how to celebrate a GF win and also are very funny on Grand final day.

sorry i thought it was only the 22 players on the day that got medals, sorry...i just hope the kid learns a lesson from it all...

sorry i thought it was only the 22 players on the day that got medals, sorry...i just hope the kid learns a lesson from it all...

Should get about 6 weeks to think about it if the contact was there. Even though at times these younger guys umpiring are out of their depth, the umpire is never to be touched or face the consequences.

Should get about 6 weeks to think about it if the contact was there. Even though at times these younger guys umpiring are out of their depth, the umpire is never to be touched or face the consequences.

Wasnt much in it at all, The Cardiff player looked like he'd been poked in the eye and obviously thought the Ump was a Terrigal player and gave a gentle push away. Get over it and harden up.

and when all the umpy was doin was putting the terrigal player on the mark..in a way i hope cardiff win the 18's GF jus so he doesnt get a medal

my tip for the 18's is KV i reckon they have good players all over the ground

singleton to win ressies easily, brazo is simply a class above and looks like he only jogs half the time, but i dont think singo would do any good in firsts give them one more year

cardiff were very impressive on sat even though they were missing a few players too..city are building perfectly and beat terrigal fairly easy last time around...still think cardiff will win the comp

KV for the 18s title ??i think not .i wouldnt say good players all over the ground maybe 4 really good players but half their team are 15-16 yr olds keeping in mind last encounter between kv and terrigal, kv came out tops although panthers were understrength it should be a high scoring affair but this week i dont think kv will have the goods perhaps nxt year cardiff will most likely win this comp.

ressies singleton has it for shore as ive said too much firepower yeah maybe one more year of dominating resserve grade should give them enough time to enter 1st grade

should it come to a newcastle v cardiff GF then city will win they have primed at the right time of the year terrigal will bowout in straight sets which is sad to see but they have hit a formslump at the worst part of the year and cardiff will get stage fright again like last year

KV for the 18s title ??i think not .i wouldnt say good players all over the ground maybe 4 really good players but half their team are 15-16 yr olds keeping in mind last encounter between kv and terrigal, kv came out tops although panthers were understrength it should be a high scoring affair but this week i dont think kv will have the goods perhaps nxt year cardiff will most likely win this comp.

ressies singleton has it for shore as ive said too much firepower yeah maybe one more year of dominating resserve grade should give them enough time to enter 1st grade

should it come to a newcastle v cardiff GF then city will win they have primed at the right time of the year terrigal will bowout in straight sets which is sad to see but they have hit a formslump at the worst part of the year and cardiff will get stage fright again like last year

In the 18's all you need is 3 or 4 good players, couple to make up the numbers and you just about make finals.
Finals are different however, id like Terr or KV to win but my money on Cardiff even though its different kids they been there every year and lift when needed!

Singleton look like possibly taking on the 'old heads' at warners going on form, the Bay could lift with experience but I think the Roosters prob deserve to win. It doesn't matter how many 2's comps you win 1,2 like the Pies did and won the 18's as well, the standard is to big a jump and players will leave esp coming from up there!!
Well done to them going from kicked out last year to poss premiers but i still say 3 grades the way to go.

As for 1's I think unfortunately as my/the 1st comment on this thread Terr will be the improvers this year but not premiers, City will get through and Cardiff wont let another one slip!!

... some common sense umpiring on most occasions will prevent the need for tribunals ... in the heat of the contest a player takes a great defensive mark, falls on his back, with an opposition players on top of him - gets up dazed moves back on his mark feels a body next to him and "brushes" him with his arm ... innocuous to me

umpires should not be touched ... bu they should also not be out of position and if they are then the common sense must apply ... direct the player to be careful - give him a warning if it only minor contact ...

... and they want to stop this kid from playing in a Grand Final ... jeez its a cruel world

Wasnt much in it at all, The Cardiff player looked like he'd been poked in the eye and obviously thought the Ump was a Terrigal player and gave a gentle push away. Get over it and harden up.
... you should offer your services to the Cardiff legal team as an eye witness ... sounds like you had a good view:)

... you should offer your services to the Cardiff legal team as an eye witness ... sounds like you had a good view:)

All the ingredients are there for a BDAFL snowjob once again on this one......they've set the tribunal hearing for next week rather than this week.........my guess is that the President will have a word in the ear of the Tribunal and the Cardiff kid will get off........

In the 18's all you need is 3 or 4 good players, couple to make up the numbers and you just about make finals.
Finals are different however, id like Terr or KV to win but my money on Cardiff even though its different kids they been there every year and lift when needed!

Singleton look like possibly taking on the 'old heads' at warners going on form, the Bay could lift with experience but I think the Roosters prob deserve to win. It doesn't matter how many 2's comps you win 1,2 like the Pies did and won the 18's as well, the standard is to big a jump and players will leave esp coming from up there!!
Well done to them going from kicked out last year to poss premiers but i still say 3 grades the way to go.

As for 1's I think unfortunately as my/the 1st comment on this thread Terr will be the improvers this year but not premiers, City will get through and Cardiff wont let another one slip!!

It should be an interesting finals series. You're right about Cardiff in the 18's.........they will be too fit and experienced for Terrigal or Killarney....they have the benefit of a winning culture and will be confident on the day.

Singleton will be far too strong for whoever wins out of the Bays. The Bulldogs are way too old and slow to match it with Singleton but I'm not sure that the Marlins will actually want to go another round with Singo consideringn they've been flogged by them in the last two outings! Possibly a Singo/Bulldogs grand final with Singo running away by about 100 points on the back of their superstar.

It should be a City/Cardiff grand final in the ones. Terrigal can't beat Cardiff at this stage of the season and probably know it. City have a knack of working Cardiff out in the big ones but it will probably be a good close Grand Final.........its just a pity one of them has to win it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back