Black Diamond AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading back through a few posts about the most over rated players.

Just wondering why everyone likes to get on and stick it to Gosford? :thumbsdown:

Tadd Walford is a good player. :thumbsu:

My list would be:

the older Van Dam at Terrigal: Deffinately not a ruckman.:confused: Gets found out when he plays on a bigman

Burrows from City: Some how made the rep side despite not actually knowing alot about the game :confused:

Wold from Cardiff: Lives in the shadow of Ryan. Not really a second effort player. And poor overhead :thumbsdown:

Those are my thoughts.

Cheers
Mr Martini

Gotta agree with the third one, definately a person of questionable character, no first efforts let alone 2nd and 3rd. Lives in the shadow of all at Cardiff in my opinion and couldn't catch a beachball, let alone a burley.

Gordon Burrows gives a good honest effort in the ruck for City, Bit harsh on that one in my view.

Pete Van Damn is a pretty good player as well, bit harsh

Your right Walford is a good player.

Hey guys,

I am only new on here but I have read a fair few of the posts. As you can guess by my name i am a Tiger and proud of it. For this reason I want to know why all these people have a problem with the Gosford club. I mean I know deitzy has history with the club and how he was treated. But do any of the rest of you that continually jump on here to bag them have a reason? I'm not trying to have a go, I am just trying to understand.

Cheers.

Oh no. An understrength dogs outfit lost to a full strength cardiff one. :eek:

Ever heard of not showing all your cards until September. :rolleyes:

Obviously not. It seems that Cardiff are quite content to count their chickens before they hatch :cool:

Just remeber what happend last year... :eek: no one remebers home-and-away records. Its in september that counts :thumbsu:

Those are my thoughts.

Cheers
Mr Martini

yeah talk about crap, until finals are played, nothing is written in stone.
I really hope you actually do know what your talking about.... because your opinion here is spot on. We should all just look at last year and see what happened and the way Cardiff have been playing lately they seem really content this season. Cruising to big victories during the season counts for peanuts in September.:thumbsdown:

Gotta agree with the third one, definately a person of questionable character, no first efforts let alone 2nd and 3rd. Lives in the shadow of all at Cardiff in my opinion and couldn't catch a beachball, let alone a burley.

Gordon Burrows gives a good honest effort in the ruck for City, Bit harsh on that one in my view.

Pete Van Damn is a pretty good player as well, bit harsh

Your right Walford is a good player.

I dont know much about Burrows but he is new to the game,Van Dam along with Bishop dominate for Terr now the Gong is gone- maybe not the centre bounce but round the ground the slower big men get found out.

Tadd was very dominant on the weekend and seems to be very
consistant, must agree on Wold, I played on him a few weeks ago(He got 2) Im not a backman or a 1st grader ;) and look at last year he was there go to man with Ryno gone and they failed!!!

Hey guys,

I am only new on here but I have read a fair few of the posts. As you can guess by my name i am a Tiger and proud of it. For this reason I want to know why all these people have a problem with the Gosford club. I mean I know deitzy has history with the club and how he was treated. But do any of the rest of you that continually jump on here to bag them have a reason? I'm not trying to have a go, I am just trying to understand.

Cheers.

I wouldn't take too much notice of the opinions on this message board Tiger (including mine). I think you'll find its just a bunch of people taking everyone for a ride. Dont take it too serious. Every Club cops it on here. I'd say its Gosford more than most mainly because of UsingTheForce claiming he has superior football knowledge to everyone. No other reason.

Hey guys,

Cheers.

Welcome Tiger, I'll think you will find that most ppl dont have a prob with Gosford, but alot do have a prob with 1 of the posters on here, also everyone has there own team so they talk them up:thumbsu:

Lastly alot of ppl think the Walfords run the league and are in everything (right or wrong) they are from Tigerland so thats just extra ammo, I dont have a prob with anyone- think its all good fun and good to keep up to date with whats goin on, tips, and gossip:D

yeah if its UTF your talking about, i dont know what he is like on here as I didnt read back to the start, in person he isnt a bad bloke. and while he isnt the perfect umpire, who is?? you can never please everyone. i am not going to comment on his posts as it is his business but I wont be bagging him either.

Shame the Tiges are gonna just come short this year. seems both our grades have come good a little to late.

yeah if its UTF your talking about, i dont know what he is like on here as I didnt read back to the start, in person he isnt a bad bloke. and while he isnt the perfect umpire, who is?? you can never please everyone. i am not going to comment on his posts as it is his business but I wont be bagging him either.

Shame the Tiges are gonna just come short this year. seems both our grades have come good a little to late.

Its like anyone, some get along others dont. I had a chat with him after the game on the weekend and I believe he is just passionate about his club, umpiring seemed fair and he bought us a beer afterward!!:thumbsu:
Prob in person ppl wouln't have an issue
Do you play? Grade?

yeah thats right. he loves the club and tries to get pretty involved.

yeah i started this year. never played before. reserve grade all the way!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cardiff V City in 1st grade with the Hawks winning unless they play a very ordinary game, City will give it there all, but they had there shot last year

Reserve grade is anyone's guess as all teams have had a good year with not much seperating them, as said earlier it might depend on who available ie not in the 1's
City for there experience in finals over Cardiff/Warners toss a coin?

The 18's also been a good year with Cardiff just out in front, both Warners and Terr have come close to my knowledge and City have been there before!!
Cardiff just over Warners in the GF

i reckin ressies will be warners and cardiff as they have both been very close games through the year with cardiff winning by only a small margin, but i think warners will win by 4 points in the grand final,
in ressies the top four are all equal and kilarny and warners to play this week to determine the 1st or 2nd position depending on percentage, should be an interesting weeknd of footy
and in the 18s city must beat terrigal who are battling with warners for 2nd position to get back into the top 4 after being overtaken by the crows... will be an interesting week :D

Sportsbet Opening calls on the Black Diamond GF:

Cardiff: $1.15
City: $2.80
Warners Bay: $5.50
Killarney: $9.00
Terrigal: $21.00
Gosford: $21.00

Anyone got odds on the Ressies or U18s?:D:eek::D

Under 18s will go to Warners
Ressies will go to City,
First will go to City.

I hope Steve Cutlers ex firstgrade 1st division side Killarney get pumped.
The bloke can't hack losing, so it will be good to see a bloke who carries on like a total drop kick every weekend lose.

Ressies will go to City,
First will go to City.

The bloke can't hack losing, so it will be good to see a bloke who carries on like a total drop kick every weekend lose.

Gotta agree with you fatmansfriend. Although most of the Killarneyvale guys aren't bad blokes, Steve Cutler is the worst loser going round...He refused to shake hands with our team on one occasion a couple of years back. He's an angry man for someone that is 3ft 8 tall...He's a hasbeen and should retire from football to pursue his beloved career as a jockey

My GF tips:

1st Grade - Cardiff
2nd Grade - City
U18s - Cardiff

Im sure the Elliott-Davey Medal will be interesting, one would have to think Adam Clarke would go close, as would Mick Ryan and Tim Sheldon, however they would be taking votes off each other in many games! Others who might feature:
Kyall Walford
Dave Dunning
Luke Rawnsley
Michael Kemp
Ben Hodges

Im sure, as usual, the results wont be as expeced!

Good luck to everyone playing in there last games this weekend and also to those who have performed well enough to make the finals.

Ressies will go to City,
First will go to City.

i'd back Cuttler over you fatboy, anyday!

My GF tips:

1st Grade - Cardiff
2nd Grade - City
U18s - Cardiff

Im sure the Elliott-Davey Medal will be interesting, one would have to think Adam Clarke would go close, as would Mick Ryan and Tim Sheldon, however they would be taking votes off each other in many games! Others who might feature:
Kyall Walford
Dave Dunning
Luke Rawnsley
Michael Kemp
Ben Hodges

Im sure, as usual, the results wont be as expeced!

Good luck to everyone playing in there last games this weekend and also to those who have performed well enough to make the finals.

I don't think Ben Hodges has played enough games to win the Elliot-Davey medal this year. Get him injury free though and he would come very close.
what about Luke Orton? Surely he's in the running....Kyall or Tad Walford would probably pick up a lot of votes playing for Gosford....and Josh Molan from Warners Bay. My tip is Luke Orton followed by either a Walford or Molan.

All this talk about the B&F medal, lets go straight to the source.

With all of the umpires who visit and comment on this site, they would have to know who is in the hunt???????????????

But would they share?????????;)

I don't think Ben Hodges has played enough games to win the Elliot-Davey medal this year. Get him injury free though and he would come very close.
what about Luke Orton? Surely he's in the running....Kyall or Tad Walford would probably pick up a lot of votes playing for Gosford....and Josh Molan from Warners Bay. My tip is Luke Orton followed by either a Walford or Molan.

Historically with B & F's dominant teams tend to take votes off each other, but the usual suspects like Orton, Sheldon, Clarke and Ryan will tally some votes from Cardiff.

Rawnsley from City will pole highly in my opinion as he has played alot on the ball and always accumulates a heap of possessions.

Wasn't Molan suspended making him ineligible?

In summary though, a midfielder, not necessarily from the top team, who doesn't gob off at the umps is a prime suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back