Black Diamond AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahaha is that all you guys do? come on here and bag each other out? it takes ages to scroll through all the crap just to get to posts that are actually about the footy

Hey guys, are the semi's being played regardless of weather? i know if it was the grand final they'd still play, but what about semi's? and especially at central coast, has it rained just as bad down that way?

Hey UTF,
Shh, Shh, Shh! www.shhawards.com, check it out it's a good prize, I reckon a few of us could win.

On footy, if Dunning plays for bombers result will be close.
Ressies, Pedo plays for Dogs, they will win
18's match of the day maybe City got up by 8 points last week.
Last week saw the dress rehearsals for these games will they follow the same route or can something change?
On the weather they'll all still play, precedent set 06 GF, if it rains games will be tense and close prob suit Dogs a little more.

Firsts to the Bay if they get the cattle on the ground that were quoted as missing last week

The Bay again in the magoos, with the old heads prevailing (especially if the likes of Pedo and Chuckles Oakley back In) over what has been reported as a struggling KV reserves. Interesting though to see the KV website say their numbers are fine this week.

18's City.

Wouldn't underestimate Bombers, they were last year and came out and gave City a touch up, it wasn't the weather. Looking forward to the battle if it's anything like last years elimination final we're in for a good show.

On next year, with the lack of numbers in 18's for all teams and the comp looking more like 15 players vs 14 players should the league be looking at a Colts comp (u/20's)? Local Rugby Union uses it and the Colts is massively strong. Would this keep more players in the game or is the gap from 16's to 20's too big? Good luck to everyone tomorrow and don't forget www.shhawards.com

Nelson Bay

Played at Nelson Bay in the mid 90's were a pretty good club. Do they still have senior and reserves team and what happened at the club we had a lot of RAAFIes play for us is that the problem to many players coming and going.

I dont know if this question has been asked before but there are alot of pages to go through.

Re: Nelson Bay

Played at Nelson Bay in the mid 90's were a pretty good club. Do they still have senior and reserves team and what happened at the club we had a lot of RAAFIes play for us is that the problem to many players coming and going.

I dont know if this question has been asked before but there are alot of pages to go through.

Struggled this year again in the one's - no 18's, no reserves. Had approximately 50 players on the list. The two players to play all games were both under 18's, 2/3's of players played 6 games or less. Won 1 game in 2 seasons. It is hoped that we will be able to drop down to the 2's and have 18's for 2009. Have good juniors coming through, that's if we can hold on to them. To some extend the club will always have a number of RAAF personel involved.
Club looking at rebuilding on and of the field.....people around the club are still positive.

City 18's lost, I've been told.

Not sure of the score or anything but apparently a City player was put in hospital?

Josh city's 18's are out. Lost by a point.
So are the bombers in both grades. I happened to check out the 1st grade game, which I payed a disgusting $8 dollars a ticket for and another $3 dollars if you wanted to park your car in their car park. That must have been Granland getting greedy.

Warners got out of the blocks early and really were only threatened for about a 20 minute period.
Killarney had a chance 2 take the game away from the dogs with a 2 man advantage after a melee broke out at half time. Rick White got knocked out, their were sorbent tissues :( and a hug from Cutler, who also got a Yellow card in the Melee. Rumour has it Jimmy Newburn pushed him ( most would agree, Jimmy should have snotted the little weasel :D) Jimmy recieved a Red Card, then Roger and Co reversed it and turned it into a yellow. :confused:. Best for me were, Warners: Schuck, Bartlem, Molan, Buckley, Sorenson, Crotty, Newburn. Bombers: White, Dunning, Edgely, Amidy.

So theirs what happened people.

Josh city's 18's are out. Lost by a point.
So are the bombers in both grades. I happened to check out the 1st grade game, which I payed a disgusting $8 dollars a ticket for and another $3 dollars if you wanted to park your car in their car park. That must have been Granland getting greedy.

Warners got out of the blocks early and really were only threatened for about a 20 minute period.
Killarney had a chance 2 take the game away from the dogs with a 2 man advantage after a melee broke out at half time. Rick White got knocked out, their were sorbent tissues :( and a hug from Cutler, who also got a Yellow card in the Melee. Rumour has it Jimmy Newburn pushed him ( most would agree, Jimmy should have snotted the little weasel :D) Jimmy recieved a Red Card, then Roger and Co reversed it and turned it into a yellow. :confused:. Best for me were, Warners: Schuck, Bartlem, Buckley, Sorenson, Crotty, Newburn. Bombers: White, Dunning, Edgely, Amidy.

So theirs what happened people.

Was Rick white knocked out in play or in the fight?

Was Rick white knocked out in play or in the fight?

First off, the 18s. josh Nesbitt for City was unfortunately seriously injured and taken to hospital in an ambo . Hopefully ok??? City were well on top mid 3rd quarter 4 goals heaps to 1 goal. Then Terrigal bounced back kicking 4 unanswered goals to pop in front. From there a grinding game which finished Terrigal winners by 1 point!! If you love footy you say bloody good to both sides - I'd pay to see that match again.

Next Ressies: Killarney started awesome and the Bay backline spent the first 10 minutes battling like hell to repel (lyrical hey!). Was a slog for both teams in slippery conditions. First quarter square with 3 goals to zip to WB with a big wind advantage (2.5 goal advantage in my opinion).
Second quarter the Bay got on top late 3 goals to 3. After half time time the Bay kept grinding and had the manpower to beat KV who to their credit kicked the last 3 goals.

1sts - A classic! The Bay were on top until late in the 2nd quarter when a fracas broke out. 2 players from WB carded 1 red 1 yellow on the siren. Somehow (didnt see why) KV got a free kick on the goal line for an easy goal post siren. 3rd quarter 16 players for the Bay V 18 for Killarney for the first 15 minutes. The red card reduced to a yellow helped the Bay field 18 again after the 15 minutes were up. What a tussle - Rick White was bloody good inspiring his side but at the last ditch Bartlem, Molan and Brennan helped WB to knock over the Vale.

Damn fine footy!

Congrats to all the players of Warners Bay, once again you showed that you were the classy team on the day, both on and off the field. Better luck next year Killarney Vale.

But one of the very sad and annoying things at the ground yesterday besides the wind, rain and having to pay to get in was was these horrible screeching noises like seagulls fighting over a chip coming from the Killarney Vale supporters on the fence just outside the club rooms, you all know who you are - and whats with the name calling - what an embarrasment to your club. You have shown other teams that you can't handle the competition when it comes to supporting, the name calling was your only comeback when you knew your team was going down, very sad. From the mixed supporters around the ground you lot have seriously made a name for yourselves and I wouldn't be to proud of it either. But fortunately for us this year is over for you lot which gives you enough time to come up with some new comebacks for next year.

On a good note well supported Warners Bay, once again you have shown true loyalty and faith to your winning teams. Go the Doggies

P.S To the girls in the toilets yesterday, next time check the cubicles before mouthing off you might never know whose listening..and by the way which one of the Warners Bay supporters were you supposedly "goin to get"..lol. Word of wisdom - Grow up or better still stop putting the blonde rinse through your hair not only does it illuminate your crows feet and wrinkles its seeping into what tiny immature brains you may have...

Knocked out twice one in the melee and once in play in a marking contest, copped accidental elbow.

Merk, I was not inspired by Rick White he played well but he wasn't inspiring. He was crying twice.

Haha I thought the highlight of his performance was when his shorts got pulled down accidentally in play, right in front of us!
It was a very exciting game. I thought I was going to have a stroke by the end of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

....Jimmy recieved a Red Card, then Roger and Co reversed it and turned it into a yellow. :confused:...

Couldnt agree more with that...how does that work??

Regardless of this decision, Warners Bay were deserving winners. They played great footy during the period when Crotty and Newburn were having a rest, which could have been Killarney Vale's best chance to take the game.

If they play with that hunger and agression over the next few weeks,a dn if conditions stay wet, Newcastle City might find them selves going out in straight sets!!

Good footy over the next few weeks hopefully

Regardless of this decision, Warners Bay were deserving winners. They played great footy during the period when Crotty and Newburn were having a rest, which could have been Killarney Vale's best chance to take the game.

If they play with that hunger and agression over the next few weeks,a dn if conditions stay wet, Newcastle City might find them selves going out in straight sets!!

Yeh, its the bdafl everything and anything can happen. Expect some more surprises to come waugh.

Yeh, Warners need to raise the Peg and give us a show for our money ($8 entry fee). If they are Physical and apply tonnes of pressure they will win. Most clubs find it hard to match up on city and warners can't afford to sacrifice to many players to match up on the Kemps and Knights. Knight and Kemp average at least 12 goals a game between them. If they get those 2 match ups right and keep them to say 6-8 goals between them they will be in with a massive chance. I think it will be a very Physical contest. Thats the key, keeping them 2 quiet and being physical and winning the contested possession.

i think with the red/yellow card thing jim was given a red by the sideline official who saw him shove one of the coaching staff. when conferring the details of the eent one of the field umpires believed the coach was instigating so the card was downgraded

Aren't you getting a little ahead of yourself, they haven't even played the first set yet? This may and probably will be next weeks headline, but not just yet.

Aren't you getting a little ahead of yourself, they haven't even played the first set yet? This may and probably will be next weeks headline, but not just yet.

Yeah, no doubt im getting ahead of myself, as we all know anything can (and probably will) happen, but on current form, its a fair assumption that Cardiff will win this weekend!

I guess the point i was trying to make (but didnt do a good job of it) was that maybe its not a definite City V Cardiff GF...

Fair dinkum, I thought this forum was about footy, not talking crap about who rang who, or where people live.

We just had a day of finals footy with everything:

1. U18s - Thrilling game separated by 1 point.
2. Magoos - A better standard than the ressies in the Sydney comp I watched on Sunday. And no cake walk either for the winners.
3. Firsts - A fiery hardline battle by 2 teams battling for their season. Half time argy bargy but I don't hear either side having a whinge. 2 players sent off from the Bay and they had to hold out the Bombers for 15 minutes 16 blokes to 18 in the 3rd quarter. Last quarter Killarney threw the kitchen sink at the Bay and it was on.

On the issue re the 3 players cited - if the league want to be fairies they could have cited 36 players. Get over it - its a man's game!

Only pity about the spectacle was that the BDAFL decided to set prices to exclude any potential locals who might be curious about our sport. The only people who paid $8 were those who were held to ransom ie family and clubbies. No marketing our showpiece games to build the game hey?

At $2 or $3 entry we may have got more from other teams - the only non playing club I saw represented was Gosford (good on yers).

Don't talk to me about breaking even BDAFL - have you heard the term "loss leader"?

This Saturday its gonna be on- City are hurting over missed premiership chances the last few years - they are gonna cause serious pain to the front runners. Would'nt it be good if we had some atmosphere at No. 1 - all the other clubs getting down there in groups and getting stuck into either (or both) teams.

With 2 mad mondays out the way hey League a suggestion - give out free beer for 2 hours to all BDAFL footballers from 12 to 2. Imagine the crowd....

Tips for this weekend, 1st grade i think Cardiff will win over City but should be a cracker of a game with both teams having a weeks break.

Ressies - Think City will turn the tables on Cardiff

18's - Warners over Cardiff as was not impressed with the commitment and effort of the Cardiff under 18's when they played us in the last round. That could change with the week off but with stand in coach Deitzy at the helm who knows

18's - I'm not gonna comment on this game, as I play for WB 18's. Should be a great game though.

Reserves - I'll say City but I'm not really sure, haven't seen much of either teams this year.

1st - I think Cardiff will be to strong. City will definitely come out fired up though which makes for a great game.

Hopefully there is a fair few supporters there on the day. It's always great playing infront of a big crowd.

Tips for the weekend...

U18's - Can't go past the Bay in this one....Came very close last time the two met, going down by around 6 points. Had their chances to win the game but couldn't put Cardiff away. This time will be different I'm thinking. The Bay are looking the goods on the track and will fire on Saturday. WB by less than 2 goals.

Frosties - Cardiff probably, but don't care either way.

First Grade - City will come close if:

1.) Kemp & Knight get good delivery inside 50
2.) Kemp can kick the ball between the big posts
3.) Stop Ryno from kicking a bag

If they can manage that they might come close. Tipping Cardiff in a close one...Hawks by 20.

Fellas,

Am new to the board, but some of you may have seen me around the games over the last couple of years (big bald guy with flashy camera).

Anyway, just to let you all know, (if anyone is interested) I have posted some pics from all 3 games on Saturday to my website. I also have galleries of many of the rounds up now.

Check out

http://www.users.on.net/~ferris_family/gallery.htm

and scroll down a bit to see the BDAFL Galleries

This Saturday its gonna be on- City are hurting over missed premiership chances the last few years - they are gonna cause serious pain to the front runners.

No disrespect, but that is definitely one aspect that City have never displayed, they are probably the least physical side in the BDAFL. No doubting they are very skillful, but i cant imagine them causing too much pain.

In saying that, blokes like Rawnsley and Bourke are physical footballers, so if some of the others can get around them and take a leaf from their book, you might be right...regardless, it should definitely be a great game!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back