Black Diamond AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
See the league has appointed a new general manager. The league must be going okay to be able to appoint someone to that position.

Is ANdrew Bubb playing coach of Warners Bay? Couldn't really see hime leading by example on the training track. Pretty astute judge of a footballer if I remember correctly. Any word on how he is going at the dogs.

Black Diamond site www.bdafl.com.au shows a story regarding the rep game this year, with BD set to take on the North Coast FL in Newcastle.A step back in competition for BD, considering last years success against Hume Riverina etc,but it is a logistical nightmare moving around this state.at least the locals get a look this year.

Black Diamond site www.bdafl.com.au shows a story regarding the rep game this year, with BD set to take on the North Coast FL in Newcastle.A step back in competition for BD, considering last years success against Hume Riverina etc,but it is a logistical nightmare moving around this state.at least the locals get a look this year.
I think the logic is that they haven't played any home rep matches for years and felt that it was about time.

If the BDAFL is full strength they should beat the North Coast by 20 goals one would think, unless the North Coast has recruited heavily.

Interesting comments re Auterberry/Cardiff and Mitch Ede/Wyong.

Auterbery has trained at K/V I thought, money does talk though.

Know Mitch Ede, great young guy. Knowledgeable can handle the job, needs some troops though to save his bacon.

Nelson Bay supposedly have a guy with WAFL coaching experience driving them, however not really credible source. They did say he was unsure of his commitment too. They need a heap of players and no Bird in 07. Struggle and this year is crucial to their survival as no 18's, no 16's coming through.
Great juniors, but lower ages.

Kemp is still at City as far as I have heard. Lost about 4, but recruited at least that many too replace them.

Flynn could push to CHF, but my point was that someone has to step up into his spot and then their spot and so on.

A direct replacement for Ryan is needed or they might start to come back a touch. Probably better for the comp if they were to weaken. They certainly have dominated for a good period.

Craig Bird yeh? Where's he off to swansy?

Hi fellas. I umpired in the comp two years ago and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. A good bunch of blokes and a league the seems like it's handled reasonably well and going places.
All the very best to everyone and of course the umps as I was there!
May the best team win!

Regards

Ashley Borg

According to the BDAFL website,
Terrigal has picked up 3 interstaters (2 Vic and 1 NT)
Newcastle City has picked up a number of recruits as well (lost one as well) 2 from Nelson Bay, 1 Adelaide, 1NT.
Wyong quoting on their site 2 southern recruits, although nothing in the clearances yet.
And apparently some recruits at Cardiff, as you would expect.

A few new faces around, so things should be very interesting, when the games begin.

Here's some food for thought:

Cardiff: Team to beat again although the losses of Ryan and Krake will be costly. Forward line will need to lift to kick big scores as their backline can be fragile. Off-field personnel may be the biggest concern.
Tip: Top-2

Newcastle City: Seem to have picked up a number of new players, with minimal losses. Rumour of big name ex-SANFL player in the mix may be the difference.
Tip: Top-3.

Terrigal: Have backed the Coach in again after a shocking finals performance last year. Gus and Spoonman are huge losses and Van Dam, Males and Maurice will need to have blinders to keep them up neat the top.
Tip: 4th/5th

Warners Bay: Solid year in 2006 with the gritty in and under style of play working well for the Seaman Oval Doggies. Good young unit who will need to find even more improvement if they are going to stay up the top. Critical season for the Dogs.
Tip: 3th/4th/5th

Killarney Vale: Disappointing year in 2006 with hired help leaving on-mass after the GF loss. Recruiting has been quiet from all reports and Austerberry's departure will leave a gaping whole in the midfield.
Tip: 5th/6th

Gosford: Made some great gains last season and should be able to continue their rise this year. Coach is well respected and the boys seem keen. Need more firepower and some more dangerous talls to match it with the top sides.
Tip 4/5th

Nelson Bay: All signs are looking bad for the Marlins unfortunately with 3 confirmed players already gone, no coach and minimal off-field personnel on board. Could be a very long year and with no Under 18's signs don’t look great.
Tip: 7th/8th

Wyong Lakes: Two many indians and not enough chiefs. Need to recruit some tall forwards who can kicking winning scores or expect another long year for the Magpies.
Tip: 7th/8th

Predicted Ladder:
1. Cardiff
2. Newcastle City
3. Warners Bay
4. Terrigal
5. Gosford
6. Killarney Vale
7. Nelson Bay
8. Wyong Lakes

Anyone else want to have a crack at the predicted ladder?

Seems to be a little conflicting situation re Austerberry had heard he may have been reconsidering move.
Nothing on KV website to confirm or deny the move.

Terrigal have picked up a few interstaters time will judge any of the clubs new recruits though.

Cardiff will pick up some recruits, nature of being the top team, they seem to find you, you dont have to find them.

Agree Cardiff's losses will be felt, some posters seem to think Ryan will be replaced simply by moving guys around. Despite their depth, any team is affected by the loss of a quality player like him. Still up there though and Shaun Smith is returning.

City have got two from Nelson Bay, one from Tamworth, one from Adelaide amatuers and one from NT 2nd teir comp according to the clearances. Will add to considerable depth already there.
To land a a coup like an ex SANFL player would push them well up the list wouldn't it.
A heap of talls, probably need some more smalls, which is opposite to many clubs.

Wyong is still quoting 2 interstate recruits on their website, but no further mention or clearances in the system.

Nelson Bay, I agree things sound really grim 3 already cleared and Bird elsewhere, not good.

Warners Bay, contrasting list. Have some good young guys coming through, but also a number of older guys around as well, around the 4 again I would say. A couple more quality recruits needed to really push for it.

1.Cardiff.
2.Newcastle City
3.Terrigal
4.Warners Bay

then either

5.Killarney Vale or Gosford

7.Wyong Lakes or Nelson Bay (whoever wins their clashes)

From all reports Warners Bay are pretty confident of performing well this year. Just picked up a bloke from the Albury area who can play a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have heard the story that Austerberry has trained at KV and didn't move. Not that credible a source, only here say.

Warners Bay do need a little more quality to be a genuine threat, so another positive for them if the new pick up is good.

Nelson Bay is still looking for a coach according to BDAFL website.

Should see some of these clearances starting to surface if they have actually signed these guys, only a few weeks to go to get them through.

Anyone heard more about trial games for local teams? I know City have got a tough one against East Coast, keen to see how new recruits perform and who they have actually picked up, Gosford have two against Parra and Penrith should be great games tipping the tigers in both, and the Bays are playing each other interesting to see if Nelson Bay can scrape a team together and how they perform, Bulldogs should romp it in, not that trial form's any indication. Looking forward to a great season ahead, and a weekly review from yours truly.

Trials at the weekend, KV versus North Shore, Austerberry made a "cameo" appearance.

In addition the return of 3 other ex players, should provide extra depth if nothing else.

Would say that he is indeed playing for KV in 07.

Has been very quiet from the BDAFL of late. Is the changeover of GM's responsible for no clearances being posted or are all clubs waiting till the last minute?

Also, are the U/13's still going ahead as planned in Newcastle?

Has been very quiet from the BDAFL of late. Is the changeover of GM's responsible for no clearances being posted or are all clubs waiting till the last minute?

Under 13's are all go, apparently the main dramas are with the 11's and 12's age groups though. Playing Friday nights before the 16's proposed.

The clearances have been very slow, as the premiers, Cardiff would have signed some new recruits, any good ones?

Killarney Vale have a number of returning ex players.

Gosford a ruckman from Ovens and Murray (should be pretty good in our league)

A couple of City's recruits are okay, as you know I am into the junior footy though, so not an authority on the seniors.

Bay struggling big time I am led to believe.

Hows the weather over there?

Under 13's are officially NO GO. Clubs such as Warners Bay, Nelson Bay and Port Stephens had very few U'14's on their books, so they preferred to have a 14's team instead of having the guys back up every week from the Under 13's.

The biggest news is that City may have 2 U'14 teams in 2007. Too many kids for just 1 squad.

Just on the trial front, Gosford played Penith on Saturday at Kelso Oval and had a 20 goal win. We had 7 guys who will either be in or close to in our best 22 out so was a good result. Positive to come out of it was that everyone who played contributed to the result which was good out of a squad of 32 players.
We played 6 periods so everyone got a decent run. Good to see how a few new guys went and we blooded a number of 16s into senior footy, look for a couple of them to make an impact in the BDAFL later in the season.
Obviously we werent up against the strongest opposition but was good to get a bit of run in the legs and get the rust out of the system, should be a much tougher game against Parramatta this weekend down there.
Our best were pretty tough to pick but standouts were probably Brad Deitz (thats my brother), Aaron Monk, Tadd Walford, Ben Lester, Scott Stokes and Liam Ghalayini.
Going to be interesting to see how the matches pan out this weekend!

Some may add that the brother of Brad Dietz had a fair game himself in that trial game against Penrith!!!
Ben Youlten also made a good contribution before coming off the ground with cramp.

Mad Monk has the facts, should have went to the weekends meeting, no 13's Northern Swan.

any news on the weekends practice matches. heard gosford had a good win against parramatta. could be underdogs this seasons

Killarney Vale had a trial on the weekend against Port Macquarie. Their website indicates that they had a loss, which, is either an indication that they had a heap out or they are not as strong as they might have liked. Lets hope for their sake it was not the later.

Gosfords effort against Parramatta sounds impressive and it looks like they are definitely a darkhorse for 07, although in saying that i think after the way they finished last season, nobody will be suprised to see them give it a real shake this year.

According to the website, a few transfers are starting to hit the site

Club by Club

Warners Bay a couple in Buckley from Ainslie, one from Byron Bay.
Nelson Bay, all outs, no ins.
Wyong - one from Bendigo region.
Cardiff - Shaun Smith in, a couple including Ryan out.
Killarney Vale - Most of their additions are returning players to their club (No Austerberry move).
Gosford - Church from Yarrawonga O & M. Played a bit of ruck I believe.
Terrigal and City both seem to be the ones with the most movements.
City 6 in 1 out, Terrigal 4 or 5 in, a junior out (NO Darling transfer yet)

A real variety of areas and leagues of origin.

City - Darwin, Tamworth, Bendigo, Adelaide and a few interleague.
Terrigal - Melbourne, Gippsland, South WA, Darwin

Always changes the face of the league, will be interested to see how 2007 unfolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back