Multiplat Black Myth: Wukong

Remove this Banner Ad

Still a while away but yeh, kind of feels God of War esque with a cool character, so definetely will check out as more info comes available.

Pretty long wait though.
FromSoftware meets God of War with a mythology that I'm fairly unfamiliar with. Looks incredibly polished.

We have a date! It's real!!

Looks really, really, really damn cool. God of War esque but with Chinese Mythology.

Chinese Mythology is definitely underdone in Western gaming especially compared to the far more known Norse and Greek mythology that more people are familiar with.

Based on that alone, this is a buy for me and if they can create a semi decent action based single player campaign it'll be fun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The early reviews are pretty solid, mostly 8s across the board.

Screenrant gave it a 6 for "lacking diversity, inclusion and representation". You can't make this shit up.

Just read that review, you've really misrepresented it to be honest. Some genuine criticisms on gameplay and performance, and then a small section highlighting some misogynistic controversy with the dev.

I know it's the fashionable thing to hate on, but circlejerking over it isn't the way to go.

Edit: I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume you've just seen the incel outrage on reddit, none of which probably read the thing 😅

Last edited:
Just read that review, you've really misrepresented it to be honest. Some genuine criticisms on gameplay and performance, and then a small section highlighting some misogynistic controversy with the dev.

I know it's the fashionable thing to hate on, but circlejerking over it isn't the way to go.

Edit: I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume you've just seen the incel outrage on reddit, none of which probably read the thing 😅

It wasn't really small enough that she would leave it out of the review though, eh? She complained about the lack of femininity too. I'm not usually one to get into this stuff but jesus some of these reviewers are completely cooked and narcissisitic thinking every single game has to represent them personally. And yes that also goes for the gamers who complain about man-jaws and such rubbish.

It wasn't really small enough that she would leave it out of the review though, eh? She complained about the lack of femininity too. I'm not usually one to get into this stuff but jesus some of these reviewers are completely cooked and narcissisitic thinking every single game has to represent them personally. And yes that also goes for the gamers who complain about man-jaws and such rubbish.

I don't think it's unfair to highlight or to include as a criticism though? What I do think is unfair is pretending that was the sole reason for the score - it sounds like performance is genuinely terrible and the gameplay a tad repetitive.

A 6 does seem on the low end but dismissing a review over a general commentary of 'some female characters would be nice' is exactly the reason why representation actually matters.

I don't think it's unfair to highlight or to include as a criticism though? What I do think is unfair is pretending that was the sole reason for the score - it sounds like performance is genuinely terrible and the gameplay a tad repetitive.

A 6 does seem on the low end but dismissing a review over a general commentary of 'some female characters would be nice' is exactly the reason why representation actually matters.

I just think that believing every game out there owes us representation and has to reflect current day is just odd and to factor it in to the final score is weird. Same goes for those who think games owe them hot female characters, like dismissing Star Wars Outlaws on her looks alone is absurd. To me it's narcissism in it's purest form and it sadly permeates off both ends. It would be like me going up to Tarantino and demanding his movies must represent my identity. I say just let people make the art they want without making it all about you.

It doesn't surprise me that this game's performance might be an issue. It looks like it will melt a lot of gpus and the benchmarks might be misleading since we didn't see what it looks like during high action sequences with multiple npcs on screen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Black Myth: Wukong