Multiplat Black Myth: Wukong

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers. I did have one spoiled that you might be referring to when I was watching a video today on my lunch break that was meant to be just about tips. Without ruining it for anyone else, in chapter 2 it was collecting eyes and summoning a second boss for a particular fight. The first eye is easy to stumble across so the game is already hinting what to do.

This game is very good at hiding secrets in plain sight but make them so easy to overlook. Even the headless singing man is giving advice when you stop jiving with his tunes and actually pay attention to the lyrics.

Not that boss, but that one is essential IMO.

Up to chapter 3. Chapter 2 was absolutely loaded with secrets and I spent a few hours running laps and things. I'm pretty sure I found them all (though probably didn't lol) without any guides except for one hint when I was watching a friend play.

Tiger Vanguard so has easily been the biggest dick. Mad Tiger I imagine would have been if I didn't already recognise some of his move set from Tiger Vanguard. I'm starting to feel very OP now though so I'm anticipating some bosses to crank up the difficulty shortly.

The only thing I'm struggling to understand is resolute counterflow. From watching videos and reading guides my understanding is when you have a focus point and you hit the heavy attack mid combo the moment and enemy attack lands triggers it. I see it in videos but I can't replicate it. All that seems to happen for me is it does a regular heavy attack as part of a variation combo but no red effect that signifies resolute counterflow. I think it doesn't help that some of the descriptions on tooltips have translation issues and hopefully they get corrected in time.

I feel this is a game I'll only play in short sessions. The whole dying repeatedly until you figure out their move set isn't really my favourite style of gaming. I'm finding it interesting enough to keep going at the moment, but will become tiresome if it's like this throughout.

I still don't really understand what the Focus Points do?

I feel this is a game I'll only play in short sessions. The whole dying repeatedly until you figure out their move set isn't really my favourite style of gaming. I'm finding it interesting enough to keep going at the moment, but will become tiresome if it's like this throughout.

I still don't really understand what the Focus Points do?

It gets much easier once you start getting some points into cool things and get better gear. Besides Wandering Wight and Tiger Vanguard if I'm not one shotting bosses it's only 2-3 attempts so it gets less Souls difficulty and more a slightly more difficult GoW.

Focus points are what you spend on combos and heavy attacks. Build up the meter with a combo and bank a point. Use this for stance abilities or a heavy attack. Once you get 3 or 4 focus points you can do huge damage and stagger even bosses.

Finished chapter one. Wow, I feel kind of guilty about one part

Killing Elder Jinchi. He seemed kind of sad, but I killed him and moved on. Then I watched him in the ending of the chapter and figured there was even more to him and read his lore tab. Still not content I found the following. Besides seeing a few episodes of Monkey Magic as a kid I never read Journey to the West so the lore is very new to me and I'll be definitely looking this stuff up after each chapter.

Just finished Chapter 1.

I feel like killing him freed him, so was kinda the right thing to do.

I think I missed a boss, can you go back to older chapters?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sunk about 2 hours into this last night.

Loved it.

No map is a killer. I don't want to use guides but I also don't want to miss out of stuff.

Difficulty is absolutely perfect. Most bosses take about 2-3 tries which is ideal.

Last edited:
Have played about 30 minutes of game time and part way through chapter 1. Unfortunately I'll need my hand held for part of the game (at least until I learn more of the mechanics especially leveling up the character) have already gotten lost. Reminds me a lot of the linear Ubisoft games in the mid 2000s.. Invisible walls galore!!

Willing to bet that I'll leapfrog a person at my works progress - always buys the Soulsborne games but never finishes them. They got Elden Ring a month before I did and I zoomed past the part that they were stuck in 2 weeks.

Have played about 30 minutes of game time and part way through chapter 1. Unfortunately I'll need my hand held for part of the game (at least until I learn more of the mechanics especially leveling up the character) have already gotten lost. Reminds me a lot of the linear Ubisoft games in the mid 2000s.. Invisible walls galore!!

The level design and fact that everything blends in together is pretty bad I thought. If Chapter 1 feels weird to navigate then I have some bad news for you as each chapter seems to outdo the last one in getting worse in that regard. I beat the game a few days ago, thought Chapter 6 (final area) was stupid.

I'm actually the opposite regarding the invisible walls. I thought it felt more organic than being walled off by gamey things like an out of place log or boulder or something. Reading around different places it really irks some people while others not so much. My only real knock would be I'd have liked a bit more trash (and meaningful trash) to break up what feels like just moving from boss to boss. Chapter 3 I thought does this pretty well though after the Pagoda section compared to the first two chapters.

Should I get it on PC or PS5?

I'm usually play all my games on PS5 for Trophy hunting reasons, but now I actually have a decent PC that can run AAA games at the best quality I thought maybe it's time to give it a go.

Should I get it on PC or PS5?

I'm usually play all my games on PS5 for Trophy hunting reasons, but now I actually have a decent PC that can run AAA games at the best quality I thought maybe it's time to give it a go.

Upto you, if you like your trophies may as well go PS5.

I played on PS5, thought the game ran and looked great TBH. I had like 1 genuine bug, 1 game crash and there were probably 2-3 moments (during cutscenes / big sequences) where there was major stutter. So really nothing that bad that completely broke the experience.

Sunk about 2 hours into this last night.

Loved it.

No map is a killer. I don't want to use guides but I also don't want to miss out of stuff.

Difficulty is absolutely perfect. Most bosses take about 2-3 tries which is ideal.

The story in this game ****ing sucks and requires you to know shit beforehand.

Nothing makes sense and people just talk jargon.
That escalated quickly for a first time reader of this thread ignoring timestamps 🤣

Was looking at grabbing the star wars game then saw your comment about this game so thought I'd check it out.

Was looking like a goer..

That escalated quickly for a first time reader of this thread ignoring timestamps 🤣

Was looking at grabbing the star wars game then saw your comment about this game so thought I'd check it out.

Was looking like a goer..
It is good, but a hard game to play casually. You have to be focused pretty much all the time or you'll get your ass handed to you.

It's going to take me a while to get through it I think. After about 10 hours I've still got a bit left to go in chapter 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Black Myth: Wukong