Multiplat Black Myth: Wukong

Remove this Banner Ad

That escalated quickly for a first time reader of this thread ignoring timestamps šŸ¤£

Was looking at grabbing the star wars game then saw your comment about this game so thought I'd check it out.

Was looking like a goer..

The gameplay is fine. You canā€™t kill archers on roofs because thereā€™s no ranged attack but apart from that itā€™s really good.

The story on the other hand. Itā€™s like how much BS they can throw at you. It reminds me of Elden Ring storytelling where nothing makes sense and itā€™s just a bunch of prophetic language.

Gameplay will keep me sticking around though.

Finished Chapter 2. That chapter felt like a game in itself. Every time I thought I was about done with it, I found another huge section to explore. I think I got all the bosses, bar Black Loong.

This game could really use a bloody map!

Edit: Looks like I missed Mad Tiger. I have the drum so will go back.

Last edited:

Well I got my ass handed to me last night by Black Loong and the Tiger boss in Chapter 2.

Looks like I'll need to backtrack and level up a bit more.

Holy difficulty spike!

Finished Chapter 2. That chapter felt like a game in itself. Every time I thought I was about done with it, I found another huge section to explore. I think I got all the bosses, bar Black Loong.

One day they will add a map and we'll be the test dummies who played it without.

You'll find chapter 3 like that too! Chapter 3 really could be broken up into two chapters as well. You'll see what I mean.

That's also the chapter I finally conceded I needed to look up a guide to find a boss. I nearly did in 2 but ended up working it out, but when I had to in 3 I didn't even feel guilty because there was absolutely no way I was finding it.

Black Loong - Those constant shock waves **** me up every damned time!

Took down Red Loong, but need BL to get the Loong staff.

Simple tip for the shockwave AoE attack if you don't work it out

There are rocks in the fighting arena. Jump on one and the shockwaves will pass underneath you. He can smash the rocks but I think there are 3 in the arena. Worst case if you don't get it done in 3 or he smashes all the rocks then use pillar stance and perch above the damage. This is something I'm only just remembering to do and get the hang of myself when bosses do full ground damage.

Simple tip for the shockwave AoE attack if you don't work it out

There are rocks in the fighting arena. Jump on one and the shockwaves will pass underneath you. He can smash the rocks but I think there are 3 in the arena. Worst case if you don't get it done in 3 or he smashes all the rocks then use pillar stance and perch above the damage. This is something I'm only just remembering to do and get the hang of myself when bosses do full ground damage.
Got him by using the rocks, but also after upgrading my staff after beating the white dragon.

The Pagoda section can go EAD. More annoying than anything, feels like it's going to be a slog to get through.

Horrible section. I ended up just charging for the end and realised after it meant I missed out on a curio. It wasn't just the debuff either, it was also the "you haven't been able to fall off ledges previously but now you can fall off these pillars". Nothing cloud step can't fix but still just another thing to add to that shitty section.

Horrible section. I ended up just charging for the end and realised after it meant I missed out on a curio. It wasn't just the debuff either, it was also the "you haven't been able to fall off ledges previously but now you can fall off these pillars". Nothing cloud step can't fix but still just another thing to add to that shitty section.
Can you not go back and get it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got to the boss, but missed 2-3 Dementors so will have to go back. Nearly beat the mini boss with the purple lasers, got him down to a slither before being taken out. Thought I had him.

Looks like slow and steady does it, just wait out the madness then push forward.

Took down Black Loong and the Tiger boss relatively easy after levelling up and acquiring some new abilities.

They really nailed the difficulty in this. And reward the player for finding secrets/backtracking.

Just watched a video that explained you can essentially double jump using jump and heavy attack. You can also use Cloud to teleport forward in mid air. How did I not know these earlier?!

I only learnt about the jump and heavy attack trying to get a pill container in the cellar of chapter 2. Didn't know about the cloud and teleport forward in the air though!

Fought this dude over a dozen times. Frustrating part is that I don't actually feel he's all that hard. In every fight I feel I'm doing well, have health, gourd is mostly full, then I'm dead. One shots me with that charged spin attack, which I swear I'm dodging correctly but still somehow hits me. Other times my health just disappears and I have no idea how. Will have to come back to him I think.

I'm still on Chapter 2. Final wind boss is extremely difficult (yes I've done everything else in the chapter and levelled my character up). I'm sure I'll be able to take it down just need to sit down and have a crack at it for a couple hours.

I don't like the Elden Ring style side quests where an NPC says something cryptic, the game expects you to be a genius and figure out exactly where to go (there's no map) and then shows up in a random location. Why are these games doing away with quest logs these days anyway. Without a guide there's no way I would have figured any of this out (the side quest in chapter 2 that has you fighting Fuban at the end - awesome boss by the way) unless I scoured the map for hours and hours.

Anyway rant over. It may seem like I'm not enjoying this game, I am. It just expects A LOT of the player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Black Myth: Wukong