Roast Blair's winning goal off his hand

Remove this Banner Ad

think a few of you guys are missing the point, the ball was clearly kicked from his foot, problem is, it then hit his hand ( you can see the deflection of his hand and the ball quite clearly ) This review system is a joke

Clearly hit blair's hand. Obviously no one is happy with the review system, collingwood are not happy with the earlier decision and essendon are not happy with the blair decision. We wouldn't be talking about this if there was no review system because we wouldn't of saw it. But imagine how many cheeky goals collingwood have fisted through over the years if we did have a review system the whole time? haha Collingwood 1, Review System and Essendon nil.

crying_baby.jpg
I agree Suck It Up Princess.

Umps tried to get you over the Line all game

There is a thread on the main board and apart from sad sacks like plugger the general consensus - and the overwhelming Essendon supporter sentiment - is that the whole thing is a bad joke and an embarrasment to the game.

Credit to the majority of Dons supporters for refusing to use this rubbish as an excuse.

I Saw that and I give credit to the Bombers Fans who say it's a Joke

hey just wanted to drop in and say that its only trolls, and COMPLETE morons who are thinking this was touched. It was a goal, you won, congrats. It really is very embarrassing that this is getting any attention at all.

Also a lot of respect and humility from both sides supporters today. good day all round

good luck next week.

No one can say it clearly hit his hand, it did not "CLEARLY" hit his hand, but you can make a case for, and against it hitting the hand.

Just like cricket, I reckon the players reaction tells the story, and Blair thought it was a goal the moment it went through, which is good enough for me.

Seeing as the original decision by the goal umpire was a goal, and he actually never ever asked for the "magical hand" theory to be tested, the correct result was made.

There is no clear vision of the ball hitting Blair's hand, that is a fact.

hey just wanted to drop in and say that its only trolls, and COMPLETE morons who are thinking this was touched. It was a goal, you won, congrats. It really is very embarrassing that this is getting any attention at all.

Also a lot of respect and humility from both sides supporters today. good day all round

good luck next week.
Thx m8 gr8 game from both sides your boys showed incredible ticker out there and most supporters like you have the class to reject bullshit excuses and concentrate on admiring your heroes and appreciating ours.

Well played, on and off the field. . . .

No one can say it clearly hit his hand, it did not "CLEARLY" hit his hand, but you can make a case for, and against it hitting the hand.

Just like cricket, I reckon the players reaction tells the story, and Blair thought it was a goal the moment it went through, which is good enough for me.

Seeing as the original decision by the goal umpire was a goal, and he actually never ever asked for the "magical hand" theory to be tested, the correct result was made.

There is no clear vision of the ball hitting Blair's hand, that is a fact.

I heard the Ump as where it hit on his Leg and I think that what they wanted to Check

Really it all comes down to luck and the bounce of the ball, steven milne and the st kilda football club know this all to well, if it wasn't for a unpredictable bounce then st kilda would of been premiers and the pies would still be on a 20 year drought. I suppose this review system is trying to take that luck aspect out of the game, but it's still failing and it is actually more frustrating so why don't we just scrap it and atleast we can argue about funny things like the bounce of the ball and not the dodgy film footage of hands touching. The amount of times i touched or smothered a ball as it floated through for a goal, if the ump didn't see or here it then no way is a player gonna admit it was touched then it's a goal. Thats just a part of the game. Jobe Watson's goal was disallowed in the north melbourne game because it was "touched", no umpire heard or saw a touch but they went to a review, the footage was very inconclusive but they called it touched so they went to the lesser score and not the original which was a goal, go figure. So what im asking is, how can they call watsons goal touched through video review but not have the big call on others. Why not just play on and call it what ever the goal ump thinks.

Inconclusive video, and as any possible deflection would not have been required for the ball to go through, it really must only be complete tossers who are looking for such an excuse.

It really doesn't seem as though there are very many Essendon fans doing so, so let's just forget it.

I agree Suck It Up Princess.

Umps tried to get you over the Line all game

That is blatant bullshit, it was umpired near perfect all game. Barring the Brown free on the wing I couldnt remember another bad free kick. Some were there which werent given for both sides.

Take the win, be happy but don't try a sook saying Collingwood barely won due to the umpires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol complete rubbish. The goal ump had the review done because he wasn't sure if the ball had come off his knee or below it. Nobody even suspected it touched his hand, and the vision is blurred to the point there is no way to tell. On top of that, its an odd shaped ball. It tends to go in all directions when kicked off the side of a boot?

the guy who is speaking with the heavy american accent clearly has no idea what he's saying. stupid article by them... i hope they DO determine it was off his hand somehow because guess what... IT DOESNT MATTER? the game has already been won!

Can't believe any of you are wasting energy even addressing this rubbish on your board. Let it go and enjoy your well-earned win.

Could be season defining

It was just a great match.
Either side could have won.
It's what makes the occasion the target of constant envy from opposition sides and supporters.

Long live Sheedy's love child.:thumbsu::D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back