Bloody Houlihan

Remove this Banner Ad

AndSmithMustScore said:
Ok it's official his game gives me the ********s.

He strolls around like he thinks hes got all the time in the world to get rid of the ball.

He squibs too many hard ball or body contact situation.(iv'e nicknamed him the squib)

Added to that he still plays with his ********in hair too much.

He cost us a couple of goals on Saturday and i was glad to see Pagan drag him there at one stage.

Sure he can do a few freaky things that make us think wow hes got talent.

I just think at times his thought process is a bit too slow which leads to poor decisions, and his brain seems to think his legs are going faster than they are.

Just wondering what other fans think of his playing style

2 games in and i'm thinking this thread is more relevant now than when i started it.

Just can't get into the game at the moment and looks pretty ordinary at this stage to which the coach must agree as he's not played much footy yet and even started on the bench against the Dons.

Probably our worst player last night. I thought most of the side were soft allowing Essendon to hold the ball up forever. Houlihan was a major culprit. I'm not sure if he's injured or not, but if he plays like that next week, we have to drop him. There's no room in our side for softc*cks. I'd prefer Wiggins than the Houlihan we saw last night.

Wiggins should be an automatic starter in our 22. He has discipline, is courageous and can go for a dash.

Hopefully he can become more of a regulae than playing 5 games and being dropped.

seriously he looks like a girl. Who has seen him go back courageously to take a mark? ....... Who has seen him go hard at a ball?...... Who has seen him put his body on the line for the team?..... He is silky, no doubt. But a bit 2 silky.

Waite_30 said:
seriously he looks like a girl. Who has seen him go back courageously to take a mark? ....... Who has seen him go hard at a ball?...... Who has seen him put his body on the line for the team?..... He is silky, no doubt. But a bit 2 silky.

I agree. I think the club should force him to cut his hair. It makes him look like a fairy. A new change of image and change of style should do him good. Dennis should force him to reinvent his game or else we'll trade him to the Bulldogs (should fit well with McMahon, Giansiracusa, ect..).

Funkalicous said:
I agree. I think the club should force him to cut his hair. It makes him look like a fairy. A new change of image and change of style should do him good. Dennis should force him to reinvent his game or else we'll trade him to the Bulldogs (should fit well with McMahon, Giansiracusa, ect..).

Skinhead with full body tatts and im not sure any of the opposition would fear him even then.

blues4flag said:
Yeh, he played a shocker on Friday, but he probably is underdone, and might need a couple of weeks to start playing some good footy. Is it possible he had a small injury?

He was actually on and off the ground because of his knee. If that's the case he shouldn't have played at all. I really am getting sick of the selection committee picking unfit players. How many games do we have to lose before someone recognises the problem? :(

Houlihan is highly skilled and can play hard football. In his first or second season he finsihed the season in great form and was very hard at the ball.

Last season he carried a very bad shoulder injury for much of the season and was having pain killers just to play. In my opinion he should not have played but once on the field I suppose he is open to judgement. I am not sure if he is injured this year but it could be a factor.

I believe that the club needs to analyze his situation with him fully to get to the core problem. Houlihan at near 100% focas would be a very good player.

With regards to softness he is not on his own in our team. There are others who go in and out of hardness at the ball. Perhaps their hairstyles save them from judgement.

pumped said:
With regards to softness he is not on his own in our team. There are others who go in and out of hardness at the ball. Perhaps their hairstyles save them from judgement.

Agreed. Our softness was on display Friday night. We played off our opposition like West Coast. If you want to play like West Coast, make sure you have the blitzing midfield and an open ground (like Subi) to play on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody Houlihan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back