Bloody Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Bingo! How about blaming James Clement for the two goals he handed Port?
I can't remember the other direct errors, but I also noted that four of their first five goals came DIRECTLY from a Collingwood error (ie. they goaled within the next passage of play). The fifth goal was from a centre clearance right after we had kicked a goal.

The only 'issue' I had with the umpires was the consistency of not paying holding the ball when someone (99% a Port player) was tackled, and the ball came free, and it wasn't paid holding the ball. It was unfortunate that we laid so many of those, with zero reward.

I also "blame" the injuries in the last quarter.....

no point blaming jimmy for the loss, he had a poor game and would be the first to admit that.

We would get a goal or two in front and then would give port a goal through a skill error or judgement error

we are not playing well enought ATM, end of story

They were average both ways but Port got the better of it i thought.

Apparently if your name is Cornes or Burgoyne holding the ball does not count.

And if your name is Tredrea - you dont have a back or shoulders, and you are allowed to be held.

Heres one example:
0,,5456972,00.jpg

Umpiring wasn't great, but cant remember a case where a Burgoyne should have been holding the ball. There were a few others though.

The 50 paid to Cornes when the ball slipped as he was handballing as to be the joke decision of the year to date.

Nah Brent Harvey got one of those against us that was much worse.

On that one I reckon its a ridiculous rule, but the rule in that case was followed - Cornes had not gone of his line and Leon knocked his arm. ... as I said - stupid rule, there should be some allowance for umpires to judge the impact and whether it adversly affected Cornes ability to play on etc.... Also should only be a 25m penalty (as they do in SA)

The only 'issue' I had with the umpires was the consistency of not paying holding the ball when someone (99% a Port player) was tackled, and the ball came free, and it wasn't paid holding the ball. It was unfortunate that we laid so many of those, with zero reward.

i was at the game - the umpiring was great for the conditions on the day. look at the real reasons for the loss, not umpires or injuries - thats weak.

The umpires let the game go i thought......
Can't blame the umpires everytime we get beat....grow up.......We had so many chances to have the game wrapped up half way through the third....it was our own fault that we didn't take our opportunites....we shot ourselves in the foot...
From about halfway through the third we were spent..Port got a sniff and finished us off like good sides do.....

And if your name is Tredrea - you dont have a back or shoulders, and you are allowed to be held.

Heres one example:
0,,5456972,00.jpg

Umpiring wasn't great, but cant remember a case where a Burgoyne should have been holding the ball. There were a few others though.

Illegal shepharding ;). No holding there he is spoiling the ball.

I don't think anyone is blaming them for the loss. But we are allowed to comment on the umpires performance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back