Bluemour Melting Pot XXI - Like seriously, the polar ice caps have got nothing on us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If the proposed splitting of 9 lands both Papley and Martin.

That means that pick 4 this year has netted Carlton, a kid (Stoker, that they rated highly), a top 3 small forward in the comp (Papley) & a 100 game player who could be anything (Martin)

That is the definition of having your cake and eating it too

It's a good point. Many here lament the Hawks 'making out like bandits' during trade week and forget to look in our own backyard!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't we have to take 3 live picks in the draft as a minimum.

As it stands today, we have picks 9, 43, 48, 72, 85

With your scenario above, that would only leave us with picks 58 & 85.

In that scenario we'd upgrade Gibbons to the senior list which effectively counts as a draft pick.

Dodo is thick. Take 5 and 9 last week, and see what you can shake loose from other clubs. * supporters should be livid with him

Dodo needs player(s) that will help them go further in the finals next year.

Losing a fit Daniher doesn't help with that.

Besides Daniher's an RFA next year so IF he kicks 60 goals and looks in AA form * can match any bids forcing a similar trade value from suitors next year anyway.

IF, he is injured next year...... that's a whole world of hurt for Mr Dodo.

Setters to move inside or remain on the wing in 2020? Intriguing what happens with his position.
Walsh on the other wing? Though he was attending more centre clearances as the year wore on.

Then there’s Kennedy.

The one contact I have at the Northern Blues told me the coaching panel were conscious of the lack of leg speed from the middle if Kennedy had time in there, hence the move forward last season.
They are hoping an injury free pre season will help improve in this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back