Bluemour Melting Pot XXI - Like seriously, the polar ice caps have got nothing on us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Diesel will be a full time senior assistant Coach and mentor to Teaugy , should time allow and his still passion burn.
One of the very best midfielders to play the game.

Last edited:
I don't know whether to be worried or impressed by some of the sleuthing from posters on this board.

Couldn't agree more...

Hey I like those jeans your wearing today.

aaa.gif

Re Martin - We want the core of the trade to be a 2nd rounder, GC want a 1st.

Instead of starting at a 2nd rounder and then overcompensating them with steak knives (that they don't need), why not give GC a first and get them to overcompensate us for giving them what they want/need. I think they might be willing to overpay us in later picks, which are almost inconsequential to them at this point.

Maybe something like 9 + 2020 2nd (~26) for Martin, 15, 58 and 2020 3rd (~45).

I think Martin's value is ~25. The above deal at best guess values him ~33 (depending on future picks). Which is probably unders, but that's what we get for helping GC move further up the draft order.

The main cost to us is downgrading 9 to 15, but this might be on-traded to Syd anyway. So no big deal. Syd is probably on-trading that pick to *, so they don't stress. Maybe we also send Syd GC's 2020 3rd, which will help them with points next year.

We also downgrade pick 20-30 to 40-45, but that's better than losing that pick altogether. Maybe we get some junk steak knives back, which we might need this year (assuming 9 goes, and we keep both our picks in the 40s, our current 3rd best pick is 76).

I think this is a win-win. Thoughts? (knowing that Blue__Balls, Jimmae and only a couple of others have bothered to make it down this far).

Problem I see is that downgrading 9 probably tanks discussions with Sydney for Papley.

I think if we're going down the path of giving GC a first rounder, it needs to be our future pick. Not sure they're super keen, but given their strong hand this year they may be open to it.

9 and 48 for Papley and something around 30 (assuming Sydney get something thereabouts for Jones).
Values Papley in the mid teens, but gets Sydney a top 10 pick to use for Daniher.

Future first (~9) and 43 for Martin and GC's future second (~20) and fourth (~56).
Values Martin around Pick 25, but GC enter next year with 3 (likely) top 12 picks, to draft, trade or bundle their way up to multiple top 5 picks.

So in both cases, the "value" of the trade is less than Sydney and Gold Coast want, but the outcome is that they get beneficial picks given the context of their needs.

56 for Betts and 64.
This is why I'd push for GC's future fourth - they likely won't need it given their strong draft hand for 2020, and the fact they don't have to pay for Academy players. And trying to organise pick swaps between us and Adelaide would be a nightmare as it stands, given it's a genuine coin flip as to who finishes higher on the ladder next year.

Carlton walk away from that with Papley, Martin, Betts, Pick 30 and future Picks ~20 and ~64

Drafts:
2019 - 30, 72, 85 (rookie upgrade?)
2020 - 20, 27, 45, 63, 64

Feel like 30 potentially gets a decent slider this year, and shouldn't be written off due to the "weak draft" narrative.
And it's a good hand for 2020 with so many Academy players, decent chance of being up to trade up the order next year. Second rounders are also good picks to have when trading in mature role players to fill needs.

Will be interesting to see how much draft pick capital going into next season we have.

We could potentially be pick asset poor.

That's where other clubs end up in a better position than us in that regard as we haven't gained draft capital for a few seasons with players leaving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to Melb Airport arrival info, Virgin flight 214 is expected to arrive 9 mins ahead of scheduled time. Eddie must be very keen to get back.

I thought the arrival time would have been delayed -“Can the man seated in business class stop dancing, we cannot take off until you take your seat. WE ALREADY TOLD YOU ONCE!”.

They were definetly 2 different animals. The depressing songs and death of the band member made them change to New Order , which I’m sure you know, they just couldn’t do it like that any more.

I saw them a couple of years ago at Hollywood Bowl in LA and they were absolutely brilliant. From memory, they played at least 5 Joy Division songs also. Well worth it for fans of either or both. Will definitely see them again.

I thought the arrival time would have been delayed -“Can the man seated in business class stop dancing, we cannot take off until you take your seat. WE ALREADY TOLD YOU ONCE!”.
or the Mardi Gras like Navy blue party happening on the airstrip blocking the landing

Question is: how fast can we get Eddie through a club medical and into a polo at AFL HQ? Can someone map a route/schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back