Bluemour Melting Pot XXI - Like seriously, the polar ice caps have got nothing on us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most insightful comment I’ve either read or seen was from Dover who said all of TLA would be coming together to work through a plan to get Jack to Carlton.

That says to me there’s a company wide message being delivered to GC and Melbourne not to get in the way of this, otherwise the broader TLA relationship (and their clients) with those clubs would be impacted.

Clearly Cochrane is a raving buffoon but the implication to anyone with a functioning brain is very clear. He’ll get to Carlton.

I think i remember reading TLA are the biggest player agent company in the game with a high portion of players under them?
If so yeah, they might have significant pull.

The most insightful comment I’ve either read or seen was from Dover who said all of TLA would be coming together to work through a plan to get Jack to Carlton.

That says to me there’s a company wide message being delivered to GC and Melbourne not to get in the way of this, otherwise the broader TLA relationship (and their clients) with those clubs would be impacted.

Clearly Cochrane is a raving buffoon but the implication to anyone with a functioning brain is very clear. He’ll get to Carlton.
where was this?

Barrett seems to ignore the fact that, players can nominate their contract terms. If Martin was happy to go to the Demons he will put a price on his head that allows them to pick him, if not, he will engineer a deal with us.

Can you imagine if he puts $800,000 for 1 year, Melbourne pick him and he’s not interested.

Then Jack is so upset and lonely he suffers “personal issues” and sits out football for the year.

Commonly known as “Cam McCarthy Syndrome”.

Nice work Dees..............

No to Bennell.

Don't want him anywhere near our kids!
giphy.gif

Condemning someone to their history may actually be a reason it manifests that way...

If the club believes it is equipped with support resources capable of assisting Bennel, and both parties would like to persue it seriously, then not only would it be fantastic in a football sense, but could be precisely the love and faith that facilitates a positive future...

yep, if he is committed to changing the question becomes whether it's CFC, another club or even a completely different line of work.

Only if we are convinced do we give him a shot

My understanding is he wants the general anonymity of being in Sydney over the football bubble that Melbourne is.

Can probably vouch for the anonymity of Sydney. I've lived here for 3 years now and the only time I've seen players from both clubs here was at a game.

That could also be explained by my hermit like existence. If they don't play golf with old blokes I'm probably not going to see them.

I think i remember reading TLA are the biggest player agent company in the game with a high portion of players under them?
If so yeah, they might have significant pull.
I thought I heard during trade week it’s up to half of all players. So there’s a significant implicit message in his comments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

22 November.

Predict Martin is discussing how he should nominate with his cohort, and the wheels will start turning once he does. We won't know anything else until he does.

GCS unlikely to withdraw their contract. They should but wont. CuLtUrE.

Hey zeggie

Go listen to podcast of Jason Dover (Jack Martin’s Manager) on Maher’s SEN show yesterday.

They are already planning strategy with Carlton.

Very worthwhile listening to.

No matter how nefarious the AFL is behind the scenes, I think even they draw the line at draft tampering.
They're much more likely to tell either the Gold Coast to delist him, or he goes to the PSD and they tell both the Gold coast and Melbourne not to pick him.

.......which is draft tampering imo

Quite right to hold firm regarding Papley, it should have been 9 and a pick we valued coming back. However, something does not add up with the failed Martin trade, normally, that trade would have been done no problems.
Two words: AFL, Cochrane

.......which is draft tampering imo
Yes, but be human and show your partisanship. The AFL have done everything to try to make Gold Coast a powerhouse club, that should not come at the expense of other clubs still struggling. Something reeks of tampering and it's certainly not coming from us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back