Bluemour Melting Pot XXII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracks aside, just image how difficult it is for these top elite talents to be coerced to play the game that they love, at an expansion club with miserable tiny crowds.
Thousands of kms from their families.
Not many first jobs offer 100 k a year to a lad like Rowell and all the support forethcoming from their draft club though. Then the pay rise and free agency lurks which follow. Many people have to work in more trying circumstances when they first begin their trade. My heart bleeds for them.

Does anyone know if we are one of the clubs that is having a proper look at Bennell?

There seems to now be a number of clubs showing interest, just wondering if we are poking our noses in there.

Not many first jobs offer 100 k a year to a lad like Rowell and all the support forethcoming from their draft club though. Then the pay rise and free agency lurks which follow. Many people have to work in more trying circumstances when they first begin their trade. My heart bleeds for them.

The remuneration is excellent, so it should be for elite talent, top 10 are the best in the land, but they could be playing in their home states in a team they have a passion for instead of being obliged to represent one without choice, there's a big difference.

The remuneration is excellent, so it should be for elite talent, top 10 are the best in the land, but they could be playing in their home states in a team they have a passion for instead of being obliged to represent one without choice, there's a big difference.
That's the basis of the draft and equalization system. Without it, the rich get richer. A bit like us in the 80s, ahhhhh the good old days.
It's also why club culture and soft cap facilities are crucial, make them want to stay.

Does anyone know if we are one of the clubs that is having a proper look at Bennell?

There seems to now be a number of clubs showing interest, just wondering if we are poking our noses in there.
GuesSEN this morning as many as six interested with Melbourne heading the pack and hopeful that is a carrot to induce Jack Martin to go to Melbourne as well. Garry Lyon said they are well and truly in the Jack Martin game.

GuesSEN this morning as many as six interested with Melbourne heading the pack and hopeful that is a carrot to induce Jack Martin to go to Melbourne as well. Garry Lyon said they are well and truly in the Jack Martin game.
Wishful thinking by Garry you'd think....Ox was the same on Mac Sport last week.

Speaking of which, a bit of a shock that Macquarie Sport has been axed, going off air the end of the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think Garry was saying that he thinks they should be in the Martin game, not that they actually were.

An interesting few weeks ahead

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep. We mock kids for wanting a trade after 1, 2 or 3 seasons.

But if you were drafted by a team at the bottom of the ladder, with poor facilities, weak coaches and you were losing by 10 goals every week......as if you wouldn't want to be traded somewhere (anywhere) else.....
Yep, except to *

Wishful thinking by Garry you'd think....Ox was the same on Mac Sport last week.

Speaking of which, a bit of a shock that Macquarie Sport has been axed, going off air the end of the week.
Wtf????
Been advertising KB coming on board.
Shits on GuesSen imo.

Never have i once in my working life, considered what circumstances, people who i don't know, who work in different jobs, in different states are faced with. I have my job and i make the money i do, who gives a crap if not many jobs start at $100,000 or if others have to work in more trying circumstances.

It has nothing to do with not wanting to work in and be apart of dung heap of a club.

It was nice listening to a station in Sydney that regularly talked afl by my god that's the only reason you'd listen. Ignorant opinions, poorly organised, offensively hot takes and completely unprofessional opinions. After the league fella got in a punch up in Bali there were hosts completely supporting the guys behaviour and saying he should've done more damage. Was horrid to listen to a radio station condoning EXCESS force, even if it started as self defence, excess force is never something to condone. It was bloody horrific to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back