Bluemour Melting Pot XXII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubby is that Uncle you don't want to get sat next to at Christmas dinner.

But hopefully your sister' new hubby will take one for the team.
And you tell him to be sure to ask about La Coroney as an ice-breaker.

I don't think they'll drop to 35 in one year, they may do it over a few years. It's going to make the trade period interesting.

Yeah they can't cut to that in one year...contracts and stuff and would just really screw clubs and players.

Don't forget teams will also still need to draft players...not sure if it will still be 3 though.

WASSSSSSUP BAGGERS!

A95465A1-5FD4-457A-BD3F-580B6D8531C5.gif

I’MMMMMMM BAAAAACK!

Who’s pumped for the footy?! I know I am! I’ve become so bored in my spare time I started reading old psychology text books and some old script by Freud.

I need footy.

Gimme gimme gimme!

WASSSSSSUP BAGGERS!

View attachment 890110

I’MMMMMMM BAAAAACK!

Who’s pumped for the footy?! I know I am! I’ve become so bored in my spare time I started reading old psychology text books and some old script by Freud.

I need footy.

Gimme gimme gimme!
Got a plausible explanation for * and the koolaid drinkers then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just some further information into the Brandon Ellis fiasco, to clear up some truths.

- Carlton was very keen and made their intentions known that they wanted to bring Ellis across
- There was never an offer on the table from Carlton, it never got to that stage.
- Brandon and his management didn't come back asking for more money following the pursuit of Stephen Coniglio ending.
- The key reason why Carlton withdrew interest is because Jack Martin became gettable.
- There was disagreement with SOS who preferred Martin & Agresta/Lloyd/Liddle who wanted Ellis.
- Agresta camp felt Ellis was a better fit as he was available for $400-500k, wouldnt cost a draft pick, and you knew what you were getting as opposed to Martin who was going to cost more in both money and draft picks and was more on potential than actual performance.

#Bluemour
There was a bump on the Bluemour no discussion thread and Gills post from earlier in the year caught my eye. I must say that i'm so glad 3 rounds in that SOS's ego and sheer stubbornness won this battle as Martin already looks like the missing piece to our midfield. Not that Ellis wouldn't have been great on a wing but its clear to see the potential and upside of Martin and how much greater value he brings to the team than Ellis ever could. It's almost disappointing to see how short-sited Agresta/Lloyd/Liddle were with this decision and how big a loss SOS is. In the end he's done an awesome deal to get Martin for no picks, a bit more cash than Ellis and has just backed in our culture, environment and system to get the best out of a super talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back