Bluemour Melting Pot XXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where in the world are you travelling to Clarko? :laughv1:

Has anyone told him ...

E9MmoeSUcAUBXCT

Cerra was my favourite in his draft year, a classy mover with a good kick.

Happy to have him inbound, will cost a first rounder-ish, probably a bit later in trade period, that's this year's drama sorted.

Actively looking for a coach whilst there is one still there. Then telling one of the candidates (Lyon) the job his his if Clarko doesn’t want to come on board.

Absolutely basket case!

Honestly, I don't mind them trying to get the best they can...

It's been pretty clear for a while that the coach we currently have is not ready to take this playing group where it should be. They gave in to players and fan support to bring Teague in and our now former president told us "he could not be more ready to coach" which was absolute bullshit...

Teague bit off more than he could chew in taking this position. I don't blame him for seeing an opportunity and going for it. But you make your bed, you sleep in it.

We would have been crucified for sacking Teague half way through the season while the review had just commenced. We would have been left with no head coach and who to be caretaker? Stanton? Meanwhile we'd have to pay out Teague a year and a half on top of it.

He was instead given a chance to turn things around but given the poor performance against the lesser sides of the comp, it's clear he's not taking this group forward any time soon and we don't have another 3+ years with this group to wait for him to be ready.

If Clarko is unavailable and Ross is the next best possibility, then so be it.

Dow played Round 7, then missed Rounds 8,9,10 and 11.

Other clubs may be willing to take a gamble on a "glimpse" but they'll need to offer a longer contract. He won't leave for a 1 year deal. We have him signed for 2022 so we have no such need.
Other clubs might wmbe willing to take a bamble on a 3 year deal so why wouldn't we to lock him down? The risk is the same for both Carlton and a rival club

On SM-N986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can't be too much of a basket case.

We've finally gone through a proper external review- which most likely recommended alot of changes including senior coach.

We now have the 2nd best candidate desperately hoping the best candidate doesn't take the job.

Meanwhile neither of those best 2 candidates would even take a meeting with Collingwood who are the biggest club in the country.

Sam Walsh says hi!

I read it like this;

"And in 2021 we've had one outstanding midfielder, (Kennedy, I'll actually give some props to) but the rest have been average and inconsistent and that includes Cripps.

It's why our midfield sucks."

Meaning, outside of Walsh, and possibly Kennedy, we suck.

Actively looking for a coach whilst there is one still there - nothing new in that.

Then telling one of the candidates (Lyon) the job his his if Clarko doesn’t want to come on board - yet Lyon is tickled pink to be considered.

This is Carlton after all.

Agree, nothing new in that, doesn't make it right but if you listen to the "Sacked" podcasts, who would want to be a coached?

Re Lyon and Clarkson, we would be mad not to sound them out, Clarkson has been tactically a great coach over the years and has become available, we would be crazy not to approach him. He is not silly, has an ego but will demand changes within our football dept and you can't blame him. He will not make a decision lightly but won't want to rush into it either, but we, as a club need to sort this out quickly. He would be our No 1 target.

Lyon is keen, has sat in the media watching us and would know us better than Clarkson, he still has the hunger and an ego and still wants what he hasn't got. Do our boys need a kick up the bum, yes, either coach will deliver that and more than likely change team culture.

Do we seek a left field option, a coach who is ready to step out of the shadows of head coach and take the lead? If this was to be the case, it would have to already be in the pipeline and researched for it to work, but I can't see us going down that path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back