Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't really look like we'll be getting another quality mid this year and that's fine (I just don't see Treloar happening), but who else should we target? A small forward would be nice, but apart from Sexton or Stephenson I don't think anyone else is worth going hard at. I'm not a huge fan of Higgins, Lonie or Stengle. If we can't get Sexton or Stevo, just develop the guys we have in Owies, Honey, Philp. Let's try and see if we can find a true gem in one of those guys.

Wishful thinking on my part but a pick swap with Brisbane can potentially land us Saad with pick 18 and Higgins with draft pick 19 which is something Richmond would entertain. We walk away from this trade period acquiring three immediate needs and a pick 27 set aside for a draftee.

Or Jayden Stephenson for 19

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It doesn't really look like we'll be getting another quality mid this year and that's fine (I just don't see Treloar happening), but who else should we target? A small forward would be nice, but apart from Sexton or Stephenson I don't think anyone else is worth going hard at. I'm not a huge fan of Higgins, Lonie or Stengle. If we can't get Sexton or Stevo, just develop the guys we have in Owies, Honey, Philp. Let's try and see if we can find a true gem in one of those guys.

id be keen on one of those lesser names personally. We have star potential key forwards & Jack Martin as a medium type. We can’t have stars in every role. A guy like Jamie Cripps at WC is a good example as just an AFL level player who plays his role alongside some stars. Richmonds small forwards as individuals are nothing special either.

Listening to trade radio.
Carlton looking to trade 8 for 18+19 from Brisbane according to HS
The media are on crazy drugs..pick 18 not enough for an OOC player they burnt on the way out
Cornes saying maybe 18+our second is enough

Again, where are these drugs the media are lapping up? (probably brought over from *)

Short of needing 8 for an Oliver type deal, splitting 8 was always the play.

Dodo has no choice but to take our best available pick - if it's 18, so be it.

His alternative is....?

Short of needing 8 for an Oliver type deal, splitting 8 was always the play.

Dodo has no choice but to take our best available pick - if it's 18, so be it.

His alternative is....?

Lose Saad for nothing... and his job to go with it...

If we have 18 + 19 there is no issue whatsoever with drafting Saad in the ND with one of those...

id be keen on one of those lesser names personally. We have star potential key forwards & Jack Martin as a medium type. We can’t have stars in every role. A guy like Jamie Cripps at WC is a good example as just an AFL level player who plays his role alongside some stars. Richmonds small forwards as individuals are nothing special either.

I'm just thinking that if someone like Martin was injured and by coincidence also Gibbons, Fisher or Betts, we don't have enough quality small to mid sized forwards to fill the up the rest of the front 6 + i/c spot alongside the talls.

Trade Radio just said that good chance we trade pick 8 to Brisbane for picks 18 and 19, and use 18 for Saad. Would be pretty happy with this outcome!

This is on the back of Jake Niall’s article last night:

“Carlton are edging towards splitting pick eight in a trade with another club for two later first round draft picks and so keep one pick and trade one to Essendon for Saad. Essendon though insist they want pick eight.”

Like sheep TN and others will now change the tune they’ve been banging on about....

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Much better news!

Like I said yesterday... if we cave in and hand over pick 8 so early in trade period with only pick 48 coming back then we haven't done enough to try and split the pick...

Good to see Austin is playing it smart. I like him again now.

None of this (pick splitting) would be being done without Dodo having being consulted prior. We are not going to risk missing out on Saad, or Dodo suddenly cracking it and wanting more.

Dodo will have realised that whatever is coming in, will be going straight back out again in the Caldwell/Dunkley deals. He can bend us over for 8, then the Giants do the same to him. He reasonably accepts 18, then Giants are more reasonable in return.

The media love to dramatise all the "twists and turns" but the reality is Austin and Dodo would work quite amicably behind the scenes to get what both want.

No one in their right mind would expect us to trade up into the top 10 for an OOC back pocket if our first pick was between 15-18 at the draft.

* are just being lazy and demanding our first, regardless of where it is.

If they simply must have a pick in the first round, they will have to wait until we find a suitable one.

No one in their right mind would expect us to trade up into the top 10 for an OOC back pocket if our first pick was between 15-18 at the draft.

* are just being lazy and demanding our first, regardless of where it is.

If they simply must have a pick in the first round, they will have to wait until we find a suitable one.
I don't think most people do. Screenshot_20201105-182154_Twitter.jpeg

None of this (pick splitting) would be being done without Dodo having being consulted prior. We are not going to risk missing out on Saad, or Dodo suddenly cracking it and wanting more.

Dodo will have realised that whatever is coming in, will be going straight back out again in the Caldwell/Dunkley deals. He can bend us over for 8, then the Giants do the same to him. He reasonably accepts 18, then Giants are more reasonable in return.

The media love to dramatise all the "twists and turns" but the reality is Austin and Dodo would work quite amicably behind the scenes to get what both want.
If consulting means telling him to **** off or laughing at him when he demanded pick 8 and then some for an OOC back pocket, then yeah ... we consulted with *

He can crack it and want more all he likes, doesn’t mean it will or should happen.

18 for Saad is unders considering it will turn into 20+.

Get it done Nick.
Not our problem where it ends up on draft night, it is still pick 18 when we hand it over.

Dodo doesn't need to be consulted for what the industry know Saad is worth. Dodo can demand whatever he wants, it makes little difference to the end result

Guess Nick Graham isn't a fan of our development.
Must say he has, or all being well, had a point.

Hard to gauge how we went this year though, to be fair. Luke Power has plenty on his hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back