Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually think it’s a great move, we need a very competitive magoos and he’ll be trying hard to get noticed.
What risk is there even if he does get another concussion? The only risk is to himself.

I’ve also wondered to myself if having our own reserves it enables us an opportunity to get around the soft cap on the football department?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure OHS no fault rules will agree with you.

Thats exactly the way we should be going about however we should offer them a fair price.
If he doesn’t accept he goes to the PSD.

Some of those saying it makes us look bad because we can’t negotiate and get deals done, I don’t think people will think that.
Everyone knows Dodo is incredibly hard to deal with and GC last year had to stick their heels in to save face.
Exactly, the same strategy as Martin. We offered the Suns market value, they wanted to be d..ks and we went to the PSD.

Nah its just some supporters eager to trade at any cost here have short memories. This time last year we offered our second rounder to the Gold Coast for Martin and it fell short of what they were after. We didn't use pick 9 on Papley as expected and could have handed it over for Martin but let him slide to the PSD despite promising to pick him up. The end result is we used that pick to acquire both Kemp and Philps. So according to your argument did SOS and his team demonstrate a preference for winning the trade at the expense of winning? I see it differently. Every time you see Kemp and Philps put on a Carlton jumper won't you be glad we didn't buckle and pay overs?

You just have to look at St Kilda who promised Crouch a place on their list, yet weren't prepared to pay anything when Adelaide weren't compensated as expected in the first round. They preferred to pick him up via the PSD. There is no reason we cant do likewise.
Yep St Kilda learnt from the Luke Ball deal where they ended up with nothing, seems ESS and DoDo learnt nothing from the Daniher debacle last year even though it cost them an extra 1st Rd pick, to keep repeating the same mistake over and over is the definition of insanity. 🤪

Opposite line of thinking for me. We're well stocked in terms of young mids, but leg speed from the backline is what we're sorely missing right now.

Same.
We have a far greater need for Saad than what we do for Caldwell.

If Caldwell goes through the PSD and North or Hawthorn trades him, why does Caldwell have to sign their contract? Can’t he just refuse and go back into the PSD to get picked up by *? Same deal with Saad.

I remember someone saying the PSD is another avenue for players to go into to get to their nominated club and no one else can draft the player even if that club can offer the biggest contract.

Ummm, nope

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Austin should just pick up the phone and give GWS a buzz.

Operate on the hypothetical that we're trading for Caldwell.

Agree on a suitable trade (ie. future first for Caldwell and either 31 or a future second).

Then jointly present it to Dodoro as "All the pick shuffling will happen between GWS and Carlton, you just get Caldwell for Saad."

Easy sell to the board and members for Dodoro - he's traded an out of contract, 26yo HBF who cost them a second rounder for a 20yo "powerful, explosive and damaging" midfielder who was taken at pick 11 in the 2018 super draft. Kickstart their rebuild with Caldwell plus picks 6 and 7. Bonus points if he can secure Dunkley for one of those picks.
Then take 27 and 31 and offer them to the bulldogs for their first.

If we assume it was 8 instead of a future first we get Saad and an upgrade from 27 to 14 for 8. Seems about right to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice to see you back BB15!
I agree that we have the options, but the talk is we want to get this done sooner than later to move onto other targets. That’s a fine strategy, and I’m intrigued as to who the other targets are, but I’m worried that doing the Saad deal too soon means overpaying and diminishing our trade assets for future deals.
We have publicly stated Saad is our priority, and Dodo will use that against us.
I know people are talking about needing to win trades and that is a narrow minded view, but I also feel that there is a delicate balance between getting your target and paying a fair price. I don’t want to openly win every deal, but I also don’t want to pay WAY overs to get deals done.
Completely agree with you OTF.
The only caveat I have on letting the Saad deal drag out is if we’ve got other major deals to be done. Reading the tea leaves (ITKs and general rumour mill) I’m not sure we’ve got much left. Suggestions of some smaller fish, such as Anderson or Stephenson, but TCP doesn’t seem to think much of that will eventuate. The Oliver talk has gone - I suspect because Melbourne have just said we will not trade him.
I ultimately think we may end up having to part with pick 8 to get this deal done. However, there needs to be something quite substantial coming back. Pick 48 isn’t enough IMO.

Think you are missing the point, especially around WHS laws. With any doctor willing to sign off on Paddy playing, you will have another that wouldn't

If at any time he receives another head knock, resulting in major brain injury, the fines, compensation would be massive
Our lawyers can sort that out in relation to pre existing injuries. As long as there is due diligence on our part he should be considered is all I am saying.

Our lawyers can sort that out in relation to pre existing injuries. As long as there is due diligence on our part he should be considered is all I am saying.

You can't contract out of the law, Carlton is his employer we have a duty of care to provide him a safe workplace.

I remain unconvinced that a football field is a safe work place for him with his previous history.

If he is un-insurable we may still be liable.

Need Malfice to answer these curly ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back