Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Trade Radio Thursday Update

Sorry no Update today, stupid work got in the way SOZS :whistle:

Just turned onto Trade on Trade to see what I missed and

WOW
Bulldogs caller just called in and made actual phone dialling noises "ring ring ring"" Dodoro we are not trading Dunkley to you even for Picks 6 & 7 & 8 stop calling""Beep Beep Beep"

Think I might just tune into the Trade on Trade that's where it's at...
Jack Heverin is actually a good host :thumbsupv1:

Last edited:
I assume Ess will be even more desperate to land pick 8 so they can use it on Dunkley. Its helps anyway.

Maybe this means they will be more willing to give something back when we hand over #8.

I think worse case we get back a 2020 3rd rounder and best case we get back 2021 2nd rounder.

I assume Ess will be even more desperate to land pick 8 so they can use it on Dunkley. Its helps anyway.

Maybe this means they will be more willing to give something back when we hand over #8.

I think worse case we get back a 2020 3rd rounder and best case we get back 2021 2nd rounder.

Bulldogs don’t want any early picks this year. Will either want points on first rounders next year.

Dogs need another Ruck, should go hard for Sam Draper.. would love see what * do with just Phillips and ? as Ruck options.

*Oh they have Nick Bryan also.

Not to mention their prime trade target - WB part-time ruckman, Josh Dunkley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would that be a good idea if next years draft is a really good one compared to this years (according to sos/rendell)?.

I think that is overstated

Next year, has a fair few father sons, Daicis, Farmer, West boys etc, as well as academy prospects

What is more important, is keeping at least one list spot for next year's mid season draft

Our future is very bright have heaps of high draft pick depth players who can't get a gig now yet along next year
You have to keep in touch with new talent though. No doubt we have plenty of talent but, that talent can always use some challenge from underneath and more talent across the list means a better reggies side and a stronger club. Richmond won a seconds flag last year too and Pickett came straight from that to debut in the AFL grand final. Talent, talent, talent!

If we can use our future first for Saad and a second, I'd then offer 8 for Collingwood's future first.

Based on the reports they're willing to cash it in now given they're expecting an early bid for Daicos next year, you'd think they'd be amenable to a straight swap for a top 10 pick. They'll back themselves in for finals next year. But I'd be willing to bet they underperform and miss the 8.

Future 12 for Saad and 29.
8 for future 8.

8 for Saad, 29 and a potential upgrade of our future first.

You still have to negotiate in good faith

Pick 8 is way overs, next year's 1st could start around 11-12, after academy/FS, could end up 15-16, which is closer to Saad's value
Next year’s draft is predicted to be significantly stronger. It will also be littered with over-age Victorian boys who go undrafted this year because of unexposed form. There’s also going to be no academy selections. Pick 8 this year is likely to be as valuable as Pick 15 next year.

Giving up 8 this year also gives us more flexibility for next year, when players like Merrett, Oliver, Papley etc could be attainable via our 2021 first round selection.

The club will 100% give 8 for Saad before giving our future first.

Snark? I don’t have an issue or care if people don’t agree with my opinion that I don’t find the rumours insightful. As I am sure not everyone will agree with every single thing that you post.

Disagreement is fine. Just a weird decisision to pop up out of nowhere and give another poster a driveby. Then complain about the language used when other posters called you out.

You haven't even offered a constructive opinion for anyone to engage with. Who comments on a rumour thread to state they don't find rumours insightful? If that's the case, find a thread or forum that tickles your giblets.

Or maybe you could start fresh and engage in some kind of mature, constructive discussion and we can all pretend the character assassination thing didn't happen.

It looks right now like we'll hold off another mid this trade period and focus on throwing the kitchen sink at Merrett next year. Personally I think this is a great idea. Merrett is exactly the type of player we need. Hard nut through the middle and plays just as good of footy through the wings. In fact, Merrett played his two best games for the year on the wing, check it out bellow.

Screenshot_20201105-183857_AFL.jpg Screenshot_20201105-183831_AFL.jpg . Screenshot_20201105-184115_Photos.jpg Screenshot_20201105-184128_Photos.jpg

This suits us perfectly as we would be able to set up wing-on ball rotations between him and Walsh for example, meaning both can play to their strengths at all times. Just imagine what type of midfield this would be! This is dead set what premierships are made of. Cripps, Walsh, Williams, Merrett, Setterfield, Curnow, SPS. Life honestly could not be any better. Need to go hard at him next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back