Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Collingwood need cap space and are shopping him around, so 2nd and maybe 4th is plenty.
But you don't pay overs just because you have it. Take it to the draft, or package it up with something else and swap with the Dogs for 2021 picks we could use to get that big-bodied mid we still haven't got to help Cripps out.

Might not even need to add the 4th rounder, I think our pick 30 should be right for Stephenson. I don't really know how I feel about him though, looks a bit scared and dropped off since his 1st year. Sexton would be my ideal target, although Higgins and Lonie are alright too.

I was thinking of the exact same guy, and you're correct about a replacement for Jones and insurance for Charlie. The only problem is, I don't know if he'll be still available by pick 19, might be gone by around 10-15.
If needed we can trade up to get the player we want
Bulldogs 14 and 52
Carlton 19 and 27

I see a path where this ends very badly for * - they lose Saad for nix and fail to get Caldwell and Dunkley. Then Dodo loses his job and we get Saad for nothing.

Of course, reason may prevail and we get him for a late-first as expected (waiting for the Lions split trade now) and they on-trade for Caldwell.

Not sure if they'll be able to get Dunkley across the line though - they rightly hold all the cards and I just don't see how * will meet the demands. Unless.... Shiel 2.0

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam Edmund on Sen this morning:

-We wanted Saad and pick 48 for pick 8
-* refused because they need 48 for academy bidding
-We have all leverage because we can either split picks with Brisbane who definitely want to trade up or walk him to PSD
-We also have an ace up the sleeve because if * continue to be unreasonable with Saad, Saad himself could go public with the reasons he wants to leave and they are damning

Wouldn't it be funny to see Saad drop a bombshell on * and then walk to us for free in the draft

I see a path where this ends very badly for * - they lose Saad for nix and fail to get Caldwell and Dunkley. Then Dodo loses his job and we get Saad for nothing.

Of course, reason may prevail and we get him for a late-first as expected (waiting for the Lions split trade now) and they on-trade for Caldwell.

Not sure if they'll be able to get Dunkley across the line though - they rightly hold all the cards and I just don't see how * will meet the demands. Unless.... Shiel 2.0

Sheeds will be cheering from the sidelines.

Dodo is safe as houses.

Sam is already in the crosshairs of one big VIC club (Pies) so why not blow the whistle on the Saad information/* shenanigans? Well... aside from possibly being entrusted with that information in confidence. But when has that stopped the media sharing things in public against wishes?

Be interesting if it leaked out... and how that would play into negotiations.

Might not even need to add the 4th rounder, I think our pick 30 should be right for Stephenson. I don't really know how I feel about him though, looks a bit scared and dropped off since his 1st year. Sexton would be my ideal target, although Higgins and Lonie are alright too.

Do not want.

Sam is already in the crosshairs of one big VIC club (Pies) so why not blow the whistle on the Saad information/* shenanigans? Well... aside from possibly being entrusted with that information in confidence. But when has that stopped the media sharing things in public against wishes?

Be interesting if it leaked out... and how that would play into negotiations.

?

In reality if we offer Essendon our second pick or even one of the so-called split picks around 15-18 and say "take it or leave it" Dodo will surely accept it, albeit at the 11th hour. Dodo is under immense pressure and cannot let Saad walk for nothing. Bearing in mind he screwed up a golden opportunity last year with Daniher to get two picks in the top 10. The Essendon board will fire him immediately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If needed we can trade up to get the player we want
Bulldogs 14 and 52
Carlton 19 and 27

I like the sound of that. First we need to make sure we can secure one of Stephenson or Higgins and then get the kid in the draft, but I'm pretty sure it would all work out. I'll back in the club and hope they have brains, it looks like Austin's doing a good job so far.

Long time reader, rare poster but ready to get shot down for my thoughts in how to leverage Dunkley to get the best outcome for us.

It centres around taking advantage of Dogs needing points not early picks for their academy player

3-Way Trade

Us
In: Saad, Pick 14
Out: Our Future 1R, 30, 51

In: Dunkley
Out: Saad, Future 1R, 48

Dogs
In: Carlton Future 1R, * Future 1R, 30, 48, 51
Out: Dunkley, 14

On draft night after Dogs match academy bid we trade 8 for *Future 1R and Dogs Future 3R

We stay in first rounds of both drafts and have even more reason to barrack against * all year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Very nice work P2BB 👍

It's got nothing to do with helping us - it's about helping himself.

If the only thing stopping him getting Pick 8 for Saad is his ability to manufacture a second rounder, that is 100% his issue.

The alternative is that we split 8 with Brisbane and he never gets to see it again. At that point, he's now battling to try and get steak knives in a deal for 18.

Seems that we're putting him on notice in that regard.

And why the f... not.

It was never his place to dictate terms!

I see the Stephenson situation playing out similar to the Stringer exit. Both club and player want a trade to occur, there's very little interest, but any club that's happy to take him and his salary on will get him for for slight unders.

Our current second rounder is probably enough, and might even be too much.

Is it just me or is there a lot less s**t fighting and bickering about this year's trade period than there was last year (where it seemed many respected posters copped a suspension every day or two ?)
🤡🤡🤡

I think last year we had no idea whether a trade was going to go down for Papley. This year we're almost certain to get Saad, we're just unsure of the cost and our only grievance is that we'll pay too much.

Carlton are edging towards splitting pick eight in a trade with another club for two later first round draft picks and so keep one pick and trade one to Essendon for Saad. Essendon though insist they want pick eight.
That’s more like it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back