Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t want a perfect world, just an equitable trade for a disgruntled, OOC player turning 27 yrs old, HBF , that’s all really.

Which is exactly why it's incumbent on Essendon to bend and not the other way around.

I don't get the media mentality pushing the club acquiring the player pay overs when he is OoC. Saad is not going to return to Essendon. By the same token, Essendon don't have an appropriate pick to send back with Saad, so why aren't they the one's being lumped with doing unders? If he was contracted or open to staying, we should offer the overs but he isn't and won't.

I can't recall the media doing this ever in the past, it is usually the other way around. "Well, unfortunately 'player x' is OoC and 'team a' just needs to get as close to the best deal as they can, but the reality is they will lose 'player x'. Might as well get something semi-reasonable". This year the script has been flipped, it is all about us paying big overs and I cannot work out why. It actually feels like a media agenda...

Also, banter aside with the rumour - people can’t just have a go at SBYM on his rumour. EB said there would be movement at some point today. OR backed SBYM and even stated Oliver isn’t out of the equation.

They all might of been right at the time, but the landscape changes quickly and could look different 24 hrs later. Let’s just see how it plays out. There was enough info that matched yesterday that we are trying to make things happen but are dealing with an absolute clown predominately at the moment.
One thing I will say is that he put his balls on the line with a very specific rumour that can be easily seen to be correct or incorrect information. Not one of these vague, bullshit rumours you see around Bigfooty.

Amazing how the consensus opinion through the media has changed over the last 24 hours.

They can smell what’s coming and are trying to save some face. I don’t think Austin is a pushover at all.

agree, but suspect its because they have exhausted all conversation on why carlton are the devil and * are innocent chemists who do no wrong and are easy to trade with.

Dodoro is that bloke that shows up at your bbq with a six pack of Aldi beer and six sausages then drinks 12 of your VB,s and eats your scotch fillet then leaves .
giphy.gif

Which is exactly why it's incumbent on Essendon to bend and not the other way around.

I don't get the media mentality pushing the club acquiring the player pay overs when he is OoC. Saad is not going to return to Essendon. By the same token, Essendon don't have an appropriate pick to send back with Saad, so why aren't they the one's being lumped with doing unders? If he was contracted, we should offer the overs but he isn't.

I can't recall the media doing this ever in the past, it is usually the other way around. "Well, unfortunately 'player x' is OoC and 'team a' just needs to get as close to the best deal as they can, but the reality is they will lose 'player x'. Might as well get something semi-reasonable". This year the script has been flipped it is all about us paying big overs and I cannot work out why. It actually feels like a media agenda...

Its because we're not engaging with the media, so they are grumpy with us.

All it would have needed was someone from the Blues to point out the highest pick exchanged for Dangerfield was pick 9.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So... Oliver is not coming to Carlton...

... and were no closer to sorting out the Saad deal...

... and other deals are being held up...

... but Mitch Hannan got the Bulldogs - so that’s good.

Dodoro is that bloke that shows up at your bbq with a six pack of Aldi beer and six sausages then drinks 12 of your VB,s and eats your scotch fillet then leaves .

Contender for POTY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back