Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay mate 🤣 I really couldn't care less of your opinion tbh. Guess we'll see.
Ditto. Just for info, I know three AFL/VFL players, two current, one retired from Carlton. Player managers of the player involved only know the club is negotiating in good faith. Should their tact change from trading, or there is issues, then they tell the manager who tells the player. Other player managers would have NFI. So yeah, your claim, waffle.

Cunners 2020 midfield %time
%midfield possessions tackles goals
Rd1- 0%mid 8pos 1tkl 2.1gls
Rd2- 5%mid 11pos 2tkl 1.0g
Rd3- 7%mid 9pos 3tkl
Rd4- 33%mid 28pos 1tkl 0.2gls
Rd5- 39%mid 22pos 4tkl
Rd6- 0%mid 8pos 1tkl
Rd7- 0%mid 9pos 3tkl
Rd8- 0%mid 11pos 3tkl 2.2gls
Rd9- 0%mid 4pos 1tkl 1.0gls
Rd16- 0%mid 10pos 3tkl
Rd17- 18%mid 14pos 3tkl 0.1gls
Rd18- 4%mid 14pos 9tkl

Midfield breakdown 2020
1. Curnow 89%
2. Cripps 85%
3. Setterfield 45%
4. Kennedy 40%
5. Murphy 25%
6. Dow 24%
7. Martin 20%
8. Walsh 12%
9. Cuningham 9%
10. Fisher 4%
11. SPS 2%

“never let the facts get in the way of a good story”.........

He plays the last year of his contract as a 31 year old. If we have front-loaded the deal correctly, that should be absolutely fine. The quality will still be there.

I know but it as just one of those things when I saw six years......10% of the exuberance dissipated. Just a little :)

Ditto. Just for info, I know three AFL/VFL players, two current, one retired from Carlton. Player managers of the player involved only know the club is negotiating in good faith. Should their tact change from trading, or there is issues, then they tell the manager who tells the player. Other player managers would have NFI. So yeah, your claim, waffle.
Didn't say who's manager it was. And there has been issues trading, so as you stated yourself they would have been told. Let's wait and see when he's traded and guaranteed it's 8 or a future first (future first more likely). Anyone that thinks that's not what it's going to take is set for disappointment.

One year, right?
I don't know why it makes a difference, but I just fell a little flat upon learning of there being a 6th year.

I wasn't the money we offered but that year. Can't explain why.
Agree, I would’ve even preferred 4 years with an option to extend. Five plus contracts too long in my opinion unless they’re something special...

I agree with your last paragraph - but my response to this is that we should have known that Dodo is the worst used car salesman in the league to deal with. If we didn’t want to overpay, we shouldn’t have opted to shop at his yard.
I know that sounds defeatist, but his track record is out there for all to see.
I don’t agree with it as a Carlton supporter, but he drives a hard bargain, and it is notoriously virtually impossible to “win” a deal with him.
If we didn’t want to get into a Mexican standoff with him, we shouldn’t have approached one of his players - contracted or not.
Love it if we have a Mexican standoff with Dodo at high noon on the final day, dangling pick 19 in front of his nose, with Caldwell hanging in Limbo. Be like Shiel all over again, let him do the panicking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's an interesting discussion.

Someone like Sexton is a goal kicker, but has been dropped more than once for not doing the defensive/team stuff. The manic tackling works if there is someone there to take advantage of it. Puopolo's tackling was important, because he had the goal nous of Breust and Rioli around him. If Puopolo tackled his bum off and relied on Harry, Levi, Gov, etc. to take advantage of it, it doesn't have quite the same effect. Richmond's smaller forwards all work as a team to create goals.

If we want to play 3 talls plus Martin and usually a resting mid, do we want manic tackling, or simply a smart crumber who can get the bloody thing through the goals?

FWIW - listening to SOS & Rendell on TR.

SOS said ”pressure/tackling is a mindset - and knew Richmond had changed when J Reiwoldt started tackling. 1 small forward on it’s own will change nothing.”

I completely agree.

Didn't say who's manager it was. And there has been issues trading, so as you stated yourself they would have been told. Let's wait and see when he's traded and guaranteed it's 8 or a future first (future first more likely). Anyone that thinks that's not what it's going to take is set for disappointment.
If its a future first,whats gonna happen with #8?

From a player's manager. 8 has been on the table but now looking more likely future first

Pick 8 with what coming back? Please don't say pick 48 without actual evidence

So now 8 is no longer on the table, but a future 1st is, yet now reports suggest we will split pick 8 for 2 late 1sts

Which of the 3 is true?

FWIW - listening to SOS & Rendell on TR.

SOS said ”pressure/tackling is a mindset - and knew Richmond had changed when J Reiwoldt started tackling. 1 small forward on it’s own will change nothing.”

I completely agree.

Wonder why he spent so much effort trying to land Papley last year.

Pick 8 with what coming back? Please don't say pick 48 without actual evidence

So now 8 is no longer on the table, but a future 1st is, yet now reports suggest we will split pick 8 for 2 late 1sts

Which of the 3 is true?
All three could be true ... it’s a negotiation ... nothing is final until both parties agree ...

It's no coincidence we were after Papley last year and wanted him again this year.
There are many ways to go about things, but it was clear to me last year and before he became coach, that Teague values small forwards.

We'll get someone although they're unlikely to be premium given Betts has signed on for another year.
We need someone to pick up all of Eddies' tips, before he moves on.

I’m hoping Betts has been retained for his recruiting skills - because his form has been diabolical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back