Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In general next years first seems to be fairer value if we back ourselves in. My only concern is that’s one less asset to trade next year for an A grade target.
Pick 8 this year might be too much. But at least it keeps our first round pick for next year available to trade.

So with no idea at all. Do we then look to trade 8 for someone’s future first? Maybe 8 for the Cats 2021 first and Fogarty (plus/minus other picks to even it out). Noting our 8 slides this year and draft next year is apparently deeper so the Cats 2021 first isn’t so bad in that spitball scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the story in HS

Carlton : outs 8, 51
Ins Saad, 48,67

or it does say maybe future 1st instead

Bombers : 8, 29 ( Fantasia pick )
Geelong : 13,20

bombers use 13, future pick for Dunkley and 20 for Caldwell.

If GWS refuse 20 for Caldwell, bombers will not stand in Geelongs way of getting Cameron in PSD.
So draft tampering.

Also, we get reamed in this trade.

It's starting to look like future 1st for saad and change is the way its going. That leaves us with 8, and if the HS is to be believed, there will be plenty of suitors for it!!

48 looks like it's going to cats for fogarty?

It did, and that's their mistake. Possibly didnt want to just gift games into those like Owies, Philp, Honey. Betts may have been having little effect on the scoreboard, but if he is feeling good and has decent impact on the game in some way or another, that's all you can ask for from a 34 year old.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Lost winnable games because guys were on lastegs. Should have picked a weak side for two games and full strength for the other two.

This is the story in HS

Ins Saad, 48,67

If GWS refuse 20 for Caldwell, bombers will not stand in Geelongs way of getting Cameron in PSD.
No way, basically pick 8 with 67 back. That’s dreaming and a poor negotiation if we do it

If thats the case... I wonder what we do with 8. Id almost prefer getting rid of 8 instead of future first

If it's a future 1st, then I dare say 8 will be used on an established player this trade. I just cant see us taking it to the draft, so the question is...who?

This is the story in HS

Ins Saad, 48,67

If True our future is bleak not so much from this trade but from the damage those who did it will do to our club if they think it’s the best they could do.

PS. I don’t give a stuff what the bombers need to get their trades done.

Tackle bags out from day 1 and hit ‘em every training session. BJJ in the mornings as well.
And kicking sessions too. Hit targets (accurate goal kicking) & tackle hard/well and the wins will flow. Pretty simple really.
There’s a type of hunger/desire and mentality that certain people/sportspeople have that is rare than most others have or are willing to do, for AFL players it’s this thing that sets them apart from others with a win at all costs when applying pressure, tackling, chase downs smothering, all those team first things they always give 100% at all times, it’s something i hold just as high in a player than all else...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CARL
Out: 8 + future 1st (12)
In: 14 + Saad + future 2nd (32)

ESS
Out: future 1st (6) + Saad
In: Dunkley

WB
Out: Dunkley + 14 + future 2nd (32)
In: future 1st (6) + future 1st (12) + 8

Creating hypothetical trades in my spare time. There are so many options. Really hope we haven’t settled for Saad and a 3rd.

How are there still supporters claiming they’ll pack up and quit if we trade 8 for Saad?

It can’t be worse than the Jacksch trade which obviously wasn’t enough to push you over the edge then so...

I kind of want it to happen now. Get to see the melts. Also thin the supporter/member herd, get rid of the weak ones, it’ll make it easier to get those GF tickets when the time comes...

(outside of the MCC ballot/6am lining upon course...)

When the **** did 'top 10 HBF' become worth a first round pick? That's the participation medal of AFL accolades. On any given week, there are 36 HBFs playing in the AFL, and not all of them are competent, nor are many star players within their structures...

I cannot believe people are still repeating this absolute pabulum. Saad is quick, you like the fast bois, we get it. Think through what you're saying before you place a hard valuation on it.

How are there still supporters claiming they’ll pack up and quit if we trade 8 for Saad?

It can’t be worse than the Jacksch trade which obviously wasn’t enough to push you over the edge then so...

I kind of want it to happen now. Get to see the melts. Also thin the supporter/member herd, get rid of the weak ones, it’ll make it easier to get those GF tickets when the time comes...

(outside of the MCC ballot/6am lining upon course...)
If people didnt read the h/sun and social media and listen to traderadio, then get sucked in by all the hypothetical bull, this place would have a lot less meltdowns.

Yuck. Pick 8 for Saad, 67 and a 3 spot 3rd round upgrade. Why should we overpay to help Essendon get their targets? That is truly gross. Would we even use 67?
100 bloody %. Austin will not be too popular in these parts if that's what he's given our top pick up for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back