Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say after listening to TR today, not sure if we had overestimated SOS' nous or underestimated it. Hear me out.

Depending on how you look at it, he and Rendell are applying layer after layer to the blindfold on Dodo, and he's getting dangerously close to the cliff.

Dodo must be listening to all this stuff, or reading quotes of it, and thinking "yeah pick 8 is spot on, everyone agrees with me, they'll back down eventually", and I'm sure if he's talking to SOS directly he'd be hearing the same things. They've convinced everyone else of it, so it must be reasonable.

After Rendell admitted today he had just gotten off the phone from * media department if I was Austin I'd be jumping straight on the phone to Dodo.

"Dodo old mate, Nick here, I just heard that we're holding up the trade period for everyone. Geez mate I'm sorry, why didn't you tell me earlier? If this doesn't get sorted soon then you might not have enough time to get all the other deals done, you know, the players that committed to you publicly and the ones you assured you would get to *. In light of that, I've got a new offer for you. Yes we said pick 8 and a 3rd for Saad and your 2nd, but I think we can do better than that for you."

"Now it's 8 for Saad and your second, flat."

"You ****ed us last year Adrian, you held things up till the last minute and stopped a bunch of other deals going through. I'd suggest you run along back to your board and tell them the latest deal and see what they say, cause if it's a no, this year we're going in dry".

Admitting this has cost them any leverage they thought they had, the media seem to think that we are under pressure with all this, but if we aren't doing any further deals other than maybe Fogarty, we've got all the time in the world.

F*** em.

Have we not learnt anything from last year wasting time with Dodo? Time to walk Saad through to the PSD....I'd be happy for us to take our chances if Saad is happy to go down the long road.

Of the past 7 pre-season drafts there has only been 5 players drafted, funnily enough 3 of those picks were used by Carlton including Tutt, O'Shea, and Martin last year. I think the odds are pretty good that we might be the only team with a pick.

In the meantime, let’s make this Oliver deal happen. Both first rounders and a second rounder must get it done if Oliver actually goes public and nominates us.

If Oliver came true, Saad would get walked to the PSD - unless we can trade up our other picks or make a player-salad for them.

A player or two would have to be used. I think we have been angling for Kennedy to be used in a trade, we just haven’t found the right suitor.

Stocker or Macreadie may also have some value.

I think the club is pretty keen to keep Dow and LOB but won’t think twice if we manage to grab Oliver in a trade.

I have to say after listening to TR today, not sure if we had overestimated SOS' nous or underestimated it. Hear me out.

Depending on how you look at it, he and Rendell are applying layer after layer to the blindfold on Dodo, and he's getting dangerously close to the cliff.

Dodo must be listening to all this stuff, or reading quotes of it, and thinking "yeah pick 8 is spot on, everyone agrees with me, they'll back down eventually", and I'm sure if he's talking to SOS directly he'd be hearing the same things. They've convinced everyone else of it, so it must be reasonable.

After Rendell admitted today he had just gotten off the phone from * media department if I was Austin I'd be jumping straight on the phone to Dodo.

"Dodo old mate, Nick here, I just heard that we're holding up the trade period for everyone. Geez mate I'm sorry, why didn't you tell me earlier? If this doesn't get sorted soon then you might not have enough time to get all the other deals done, you know, the players that committed to you publicly and the ones you assured you would get to *. In light of that, I've got a new offer for you. Yes we said pick 8 and a 3rd for Saad and your 2nd, but I think we can do better than that for you."

"Now it's 8 for Saad and your second, flat."

"You ****ed us last year Adrian, you held things up till the last minute and stopped a bunch of other deals going through. I'd suggest you run along back to your board and tell them the latest deal and see what they say, cause if it's a no, this year we're going in dry".

Admitting this has cost them any leverage they thought they had, the media seem to think that we are under pressure with all this, but if we aren't doing any further deals other than maybe Fogarty, we've got all the time in the world.

F*** em.
SOS’s “nouse” has been over rated by most in the football industry.

Sounds like if ESS accept our offer then the deal for Oliver doesn't proceed. Which would be bizarre.
Unless there's another way, or it just gets put back a year.
Yeah this is what I don’t get- is our position to * accept our deal or we will use it to get Oliver? Surely if we think we can get Oliver then we develop potential trades for Saad and Oliver independent and don’t let * influence that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In regards to Barass70 im sure he is closer to most things.

In regards to what I know, its more on the day to day level. Got told dont expect to much in trade week other than the main two spoken about Williams and Saad.
Club still thinks Stocker will be a jet if he gets his head right.
JSOS well SOS made it hard but JSOS wants to prove everyone wrong. We (my contact and I) think he is best 22 but he doesn't think he will get much game time.

Im loathed to say much more right now.

Id suggest JSOS would be correct. He'll be playing lots of twos if he stays I think.

Need to get Oliver to request a trade as soon as possible though, if anything anything is to occur.

We won’t get either trades done on the last day if Dodoro has a bunch of trades to make, and his action is largely guided by our moves with Saad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back