Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleary saying Charlie injury similar to the last one... that's inconsistent with what the club put out...
It's all speculation - unless he's within the 4 walls of the club, specifically in the Strength and Conditioning, Physiotherapy or knows a doctor/surgeon willing to break patient/doctor confidentiality, then he's guessing. I'm just going to trust what the club has come out with and hope for the best. He's a star and would love to see him play this year.

This isn’t necessarily the case. Massive Premier League clubs with billions of dollars worth of revenue have highly sophisticated management programs and still have injury riddled stars.

I've worked in football at an elite level (soccer) in Europe and can attest to this - further to this, the governing bodies (Premier League / Ligue One / La Liga etc.) all have governance policies in place to ensure each club has genuine rehabilitation protocols.

Further to this, a friend of mine works with former head physio of the Essendon Football Club, he is still a very successful physiotherapist, despite what has happened with Joe Daniher over the years. We are not mismanaging our stars - Charlie has just been susceptible to raft of injuries as of late unfortunately. The good news to takeaway from this is he hasn't done an ACL, repeats of those are much harder to come back from - see:
Alex Johnson
Alex Woodward
Daniel Menzel

Even with ACL injuries - there are exceptions, Nic Nat has returned to the top echelon despite all that he has endured. It'll be fine - just ride the bumps as they come and hope for the best.

Charlie needs to get ultra professional, Craig Bradley type professional, which doesn’t suit his personality but he needs to do absolutely everything right if he hopes to have the career everyone thinks he should.

I’m not talking training professional because he clearly has that, I’m talking life choices outside of the football club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
People usually change small amounts over a long period of time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He said big story about to drop at 9am.. will shake Melbourne radio
Charlie decided to take up a career as an orthopedic surgeon? More experience there than footy. ;)

Don't reckon Cleary would have a clue. Nor would our club people in general about such matters. But an orthapaedic surgeon would.
Is the surgeon lying?
Should they make up stuff other than the facts?

AFL clubs aren't the sterile professional environments people like to imagine. They have media departments for a reason.

The external media will make it out to be career ending, the Carlton internal team will tell you its a tidy up or a reinforcement/strengthening. One side wants to break news, the other wants to reduce damage, taking either at their word is an error imo.

AFL clubs aren't the sterile professional environments people like to imagine. They have media departments for a reason.

The external media will make it out to be career ending, the Carlton internal team will tell you its a tidy up or a reinforcement/strengthening. One side wants to break news, the other wants to reduce damage, taking either at their word is an error imo.
So I ask again is the surgeon in on the plot?
The mass obfuscation being alledged.

Getting nowhere with Essendon.

Time is running out for Dodo.

Have a few balls in play with other clubs, WB interested in a pick swap, Geelong also interested,
but Geelong want a player.
Cats can have Lang back.

Was hoping we had already put Dodo on the clock with a deadline finishing a day or two ago. Best option is to find an early second or at worst a late first and present a take it or leave it offer.

The more you make Dodo an important piece of a puzzle, the less likely he will be reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back